TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon

New X3: The Last Stand Trailer

I can't wait. With this being the last movie, though, I'm a little disappointed that we never got Gambit in the movies, unless he has a minor role somewhere in here.

Having said that, the 2 trailers thus far have kicked ass, so maybe they'll pull it together. Oh yeah, and Kelsey Grammar as Beast is like the best casting of all time.

Personally, I like that Bill Duke is in the move (as Bolivar Trask). But that's only good casting if he's got a meaty role.

I can't wait. With this being the last movie, though, I'm a little disappointed that we never got Gambit in the movies, unless he has a minor role somewhere in here.

Gambit's the most overrated X-Man ever, in my opinion, so I'm glad he's not in any of the movies...

Gambit's the most overrated X-Man ever, in my opinion, so I'm glad he's not in any of the movies...

I don't claim to read the comics (I don't), so most of my experience comes from the Toons and other media...

But I thought either Bishop or Cable would be the most overrated...

I don't claim to read the comics (I don't), so most of my experience comes from the Toons and other media...

But I thought either Bishop or Cable would be the most overrated...

Cable's the most CONVOLUTED. The cartoons don't use comic continuity, but in the comics Cable is Nathan Summers the son of Cyclops and Madeline Pryor, who was a clone of Jean Grey created by Mr. Sinister. Nathan is a powerful telekinetic who was infected with a "techo-organic virus" that basically reduced him to using his TK to keep it in check. I think he's got it all under control now.

So, no surprise that Cable was changed to simply a "solider from the future" in the cartoons. Mind you, Cable and Deadpool is a pretty good comic.

Bishop started out as an XSE agent from the future (essentially a policeman) but was retconned into a detective. But it's this retcon that has given him a lot more personality. Check out the "District X" comic/trades.

As for Gambit, well, rumours are that he's gonna turn heel, so THAT should once again make him interesting. But really, his main storyline has seemingly been chasing after Rogue, and once he got her, he ceased to be interesting. The cartoons were much better in keeping the "chase" just that - a chase.

As for Gambit, well, rumours are that he's gonna turn heel, so THAT should once again make him interesting. But really, his main storyline has seemingly been chasing after Rogue, and once he got her, he ceased to be interesting. The cartoons were much better in keeping the "chase" just that - a chase.

I also know little of the comics, save for Ultimate X-Men. I can say with certainty that he is not overrated there, because...

...He's dead in Ultimate. What sucks is that he didn't die in an issue from the -main- comics, but in Ultimate Annual or something. I forget the specifics of his death, only that, apparently, Rogue has absorbed his powers which somehow cancelled her own out. She's got the red eyes of Gambit and the kinetic-energy bit.

I, for one, enjoy Ult's daring. Characters you think are safe because they're so well known are, well, not.

So, no surprise that Cable was changed to simply a "solider from the future" in the cartoons.

I don't remember Cable in the cartoons. Was that the 90's toon or the more recent pile of shit X-Men Evolution cartoon?

So, no surprise that Cable was changed to simply a "solider from the future" in the cartoons.

I don't remember Cable in the cartoons. Was that the 90's toon or the more recent pile of shit X-Men Evolution cartoon?

I know he was in the 90's one since they show the repeats on ToonDisney. Or at least they did. I don't know if they still do.

I know he was in the 90's one since they show the repeats on ToonDisney. Or at least they did. I don't know if they still do.

Damn, I must not have caught all of 'em then because I only remember Bishop coming to the past. That's one show that needs a damn DVD treatment. They did it for the Fantastic Four, I don't understand why they can't do it for this series!

Damn, I must not have caught all of 'em then because I only remember Bishop coming to the past. That's one show that needs a damn DVD treatment. They did it for the Fantastic Four, I don't understand why they can't do it for this series!

I think Disney (through Buena Vista) owns the rights so they'll milk single discs for all it's worth (see: Spider-Man)

Cable comes back in time to stop Acop after the big blue fellow steals some computer from the future with a weird plan involving psychics. Bishop runs around doing stuff, Wolverine gets infected with a virus but his body cures it and Acop fails miserably on all accounts. It was like a four parter in season four.

I for one can say that no movie trailer for a movie that sucked has ever fooled me. I even read through the Freedomland trailer.

Guest Fook

Cable comes back in time to stop Acop after the big blue fellow steals some computer from the future with a weird plan involving psychics. Bishop runs around doing stuff, Wolverine gets infected with a virus but his body cures it and Acop fails miserably on all accounts. It was like a four parter in season four.

You're mixing up a few different episodes. Wolvie becoming infected was in a completely different adventure than the issue with the psychics. Apocalypse was the villian in both sagas though, and Bishop and Cable were featured in both.

I never thought much of the 90s cartoon since I'd already read most of the actual X-Men comic book issues they were based on (and damn it if their version of Dark Phoenix Saga wasn't just a piss-pour imitation). I could imagine they'd seem 10x better than anything else on TV at the time to someone unfamiliar with the original stories, though.

You're mixing up a few different episodes. Wolvie becoming infected was in a completely different adventure than the issue with the psychics. Apocalypse was the villian in both sagas though, and Bishop and Cable were featured in both.

Yeah, it's just such a pain remembering the order of them when ToonDisney played them out of order and they kinda overlapped.

The Pheonix saga was the best of the entire series.

The X-Men fighting the Guard. Classic. I wish they would have had another powerhouse on the full-time team, like Colosuss, and then add Nightcrawler to the mix.

They did an adequate job with the Dark Phoeneix Saga on the cartoon. But mind you, nothing can approach the greatness of the original comic book version. NOTHING.

And finally saw the trailer on the E! Channel. It looks pretty sweet. Hopefully they won't fool us and the movie will turn out great too.