TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hadley

The Super pre-SNME Thread

Putting him back in there with Lawler will not bring out the best in J.R. in my opinion. Add to that the fact that Steve Austin will be there and I'm sure he'll be screaming "STONE COLD, STONE COLD, STONE COLD!!!" like an idiot.

I don't like the idea of JR being back either, but they're going to force somebody to go into orgasm over the fact that Austin is BACK! (until somebody in the office pisses him off five minutes later), and that OMFG Austin DRANK SOME BEER (I expect a "holy shit" chant) and stunnered Bradshaw. If they're going to have someone drool all over themselves over Austin's BS then it might as well be JR as opposed to Styles.

I can see the possible reasoning behind bringing Jim Ross back. Maybe they aren't happy with Styles, maybe it's a one time deal, I dunno.

But Austin? Why in the fuck do they waste their time bringing him back all the time? The guy has become a complete joke caricature of himself and frankly I have zero desire to see him. Sure, he'll come out and guzzle beer with Bradshaw....what does this prove? Does it add a single buy for WM? No, JBL is facing Benoit so shouldn't JBL be better served doing something to hype THAT match? If this leads to Austin costing JBL the Benoit match...why? Would Austin really give that much of a shit about Bradshaw that he'd run in on his WM match?

One truly baffling thing to me is this: Why is no one from the MITB match even on this show? They waste time with this JBL/Austin drunkard shit but they can't be bothered to hype one of the few matches people will care about? I think they should have at least done a 6 man tag with the 3 Raw guys vs. the 3 SD guys. That is of course if SD had its shit together and actually HAD its 3 guys.

But Austin? Why in the fuck do they waste their time bringing him back all the time? The guy has become a complete joke caricature of himself and frankly I have zero desire to see him. Sure, he'll come out and guzzle beer with Bradshaw....what does this prove? Does it add a single buy for WM? No, JBL is facing Benoit so shouldn't JBL be better served doing something to hype THAT match? If this leads to Austin costing JBL the Benoit match...why? Would Austin really give that much of a shit about Bradshaw that he'd run in on his WM match?

One truly baffling thing to me is this: Why is no one from the MITB match even on this show? They waste time with this JBL/Austin drunkard shit but they can't be bothered to hype one of the few matches people will care about?

They are only using Austin to pop a rating. Vince and Co. don't feel guys like Benoit will draw what they want on network prime time.

One truly baffling thing to me is this: Why is no one from the MITB match even on this show? They waste time with this JBL/Austin drunkard shit but they can't be bothered to hype one of the few matches people will care about? I think they should have at least done a 6 man tag with the 3 Raw guys vs. the 3 SD guys. That is of course if SD had its shit together and actually HAD its 3 guys

I figure that they can't possibly fit every WrestleMania-themed angle from both RAW and SD! on this single show. They have both Mania main eventers already paired up, for RAW they're doing the HBK vs McMahons angle and possibly setting up the Women's Title match, so they have no room for the MITB angle. For SD! they have ..., hum..., Booker vs Boogeyman! Yeah, that's it. (I know it's not a Mania feud, but still.)

Since a majority of NBC shows are broadcasting in HD(I think all the major sports are in HD)....will WWE be the only sports program not to appear in HD on network TV???

Of course if the show isn't in HD...I shouldn't be surprise....their DVD's are not even release in widescreen format...

WWE is not a sport.

Well true.....

...its "sports entertainment"....but this is suppose to be a major event....well supposedly

Until I see a title change or heaven forbid a competitive wrestling match with a clean finish, SNME will not be considered a major event......Clash of Champions was a major event. Let's be real here people this show is only what RAW would look like if the brand split ended.

It's an interesting thought, but I'd doubt it since the WWE will probably be using their own cameras/trucks and I don't think they are equipped for HD.

I am not as technologically inclined as many here, but I seem to remember a story surfacing a year or two ago about the WWE switching their camera equipment to be HD capable.

Guest jerniebert

It's an interesting thought, but I'd doubt it since the WWE will probably be using their own cameras/trucks and I don't think they are equipped for HD.

I am not as technologically inclined as many here, but I seem to remember a story surfacing a year or two ago about the WWE switching their camera equipment to be HD capable.

I remember that to. It would be nice to watch it in HD.

I shouldn't be surprise....their DVD's are not even release in widescreen format...

That's because it's not a film and therefore not filmed in widescreen format for theatres.

Television shows in widescreen are absolutely ridiculous.

What else will NBC show on their HD channel?

The show in a regular picture quality, which is how HD channels usually operate with non-HD capable programming.

Who gives a shit? Are you people that dull that anything with a pretty picture instantly becomes worth watching? You could create technology that would virtually place me on the set of Will & Grace and I still wouldn't watch the fucking show.

Who gives a shit? Are you people that dull that anything with a pretty picture instantly becomes worth watching? You could create technology that would virtually place me on the set of Will & Grace and I still wouldn't watch the fucking show.

Exactly how I feel about this. The effort it's taking to implement HD technology doesn't seem to be worth the simple bump its giving in picture quality. And aspect ratios will continue to be mixed for any program that uses old footage. Pillarboxing is stupid.

For the record, when I searched for SNME on TiVo to record it, it lists a broadcast on both the regular NBC Station, and the HD Station which can't pick up, so it is at least showign on there.

There's something relevant to this discussion that no one but me seems to be aware of: Smackdown is broadcast in HD. Yes, really. Not widescreen, but HD nonetheless. And the quality of the picture is FAR better than what's on the DVDs the release.

That's because it's not a film and therefore not filmed in widescreen format for theatres.

Television shows in widescreen are absolutely ridiculous.

:huh:

Yeah, its not like they make high definition widescreen TVs or anything.

The best work Ross has done in recent years was with others on commentary like Paul Heyman and Tazz. Being with a different partner on commentary made him step up his game.

True and that's the way I feel about Lawler right now. Every since Styles joined I thinked Lawler has really stepped up his game and they work well together. But, Coach just adds NOTHING to the broadcast.

Y2Jerk, I think you might be confusing a digital broadcast with HD. True HDTV is only 16:9 widescreen, not 4:3. A 4:3 show can be broadcast digitally, though.

Good point about widescreen TVs though, since that's the whole point of widescreen broadcasts.

I think the only reason Coach is still on the RAW broadcast team is because Vince doesn't want to admit he made a mistake by trying to make him the main play-by-play guy after J.R. was "fired."

I think the only reason Coach is still on the RAW broadcast team is because Vince doesn't want to admit he made a mistake by trying to make him the main play-by-play guy after J.R. was "fired."

Yeah, Vince never admits his mistakes.

Y2Jerk, I think you might be confusing a digital broadcast with HD. True HDTV is only 16:9 widescreen, not 4:3. A 4:3 show can be broadcast digitally, though.

Have you seen it?

Technically, Smackdown *is* broadcast in widescreen, but with black bars on the left and right sides of the screen.

Nope, have not seen that yet. Local UPN affiliate I can pick up does broadcast digitally, but Smackdown comes pillarboxed. Looks a little cleaner than the regular analog feed on cable, but definitely is not HD quality.