TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

College Hoops: The Regionals

This is why everyone loves College Basketball.

Because some day this was gonna happen...

And they now have a 25% chance of winning this f'in tournament.

This Mason team just has a never say die attitude I am absolutely loving.

I REALLY want them to win the whole thing. That would be one of the greatest moments in college sports HISTORY.

I wonder how Billy Packer feels now that lowly, pathetic, at-large bid stealing GMU has knocked out Michigan State, UNC AND UConn all in the same tourney.

I wonder how Billy Packer feels now that lowly, pathetic, at-large bid stealing GMU has knocked out Michigan State, UNC AND UConn all in the same tourney.

Happy actually. Packer said on PTI before the tournament that he didn't support the mid majors getting in cause they didn't do anything. He wanted them to do something, get to the Final Four and maybe even win it. He had kinda turned me a little to his side cause he made sense and he didn't come off as such a bitter fuck when he could explain what the fuck he meant.

So Packer is probably excited.

Yeah, honestly. I mean we were this close to having George Mason playing in the NIT so that Cincinnatti could get their tourney berth.

Yeah, honestly. I mean we were this close to having George Mason playing in the NIT so that Cincinnatti could get their tourney berth.

Actually, Utah St took Cinncy's berth. Not Mason.

Now that I think about it, how did Hofstra manage to beat that team twice this year?

Makes you wonder what Hofstra would have done in the tournament huh?

The CAA might have just earned themselves a lot more berths in the future. So come ON Delaware, get off your ass and start recruiting.

Happy actually. Packer said on PTI before the tournament that he didn't support the mid majors getting in cause they didn't do anything. He wanted them to do something, get to the Final Four and maybe even win it. He had kinda turned me a little to his side cause he made sense and he didn't come off as such a bitter fuck when he could explain what the fuck he meant.

So Packer is probably excited.

That's such a cop-out. Why is the Final Four the barometer for how well a team does?

Besides that, you can't tell me that a mid-major with a solid record has a worse chance of getting to the Final Four than a BCS conference team that finished seventh or eighth or even ninth in their league with a 17-13 record. That's bullshit. The reason the major conferences win it all the time is because it's set up for them to win. The mid-majors get way fewer bids than they normally deserve, and crappy seeds much of the time. GMU getting to the Final Four is, quite honestly, a miracle.

Now that I think about it, how did Hofstra manage to beat that team twice this year?

Easy, we played better than them.

*Yes, I am a bit bitter.*

As you should be. It just boggles the mind that Hofstra was able to beat a Final Four team twice in the same season :asshole2:

This Mason team just has a never say die attitude I am absolutely loving.

I REALLY want them to win the whole thing. That would be one of the greatest moments in college sports HISTORY.

You're telling me? I fucking WENT to George Mason. I'M MARKING THE FUCK OUT.

*heart beats irregularly*

I need some 'ludes after that game. Something to take the edge off.

Vyce,

We're fucking partying it up right now. Gonna be a HTYUGE fucking party tonight @ the GMU Patriot Center.

GAW DAMN!

And, on behalf of all Yellow Jackets...

HAHA FUCK YOU NELSON!

That game was just wonderful. I was just going completely insane about the time when Denham Brown made the last second layup. I was like "No! I refuse to see this again tonight after that shit Friday against Washington! How can two teams both completely fuck it all up and let UConn come back from 4 down???"

Then shockingly GMU didn't just fold as I figured they would. Of course then they almost gave it away AGAIN. I swear I thought that last second 3 was going in.

I'd like to see George Mason win it all now. Weirder things have happened. Or maybe not. But man, if I am Hofstra I'd be so pissed right now. Beat these guys twice this year and didn't get in.

I know that George Mason wasn't the last team in or anything. However, there were lots of projections that had Florida State, Cincinnatti, and Missouri State in, and Air Force, Utah State, and George Mason out.

The point is that if the "mid-majors suck" crowd got their way, the Patriots would be in there with Hofstra with no chance at the title.

I know that George Mason wasn't the last team in or anything. However, there were lots of projections that had Florida State, Cincinnatti, and Missouri State in, and Air Force, Utah State, and George Mason out.

The point is that if the "mid-majors" suck crowd got their way, the Patriots would be in there with Hofstra with no chance at the title.

Actually, I don't think I saw one projection with Mizz St in. FSU, Cincy and Mason were the expected although people were pretty so so on Mason and had UAB taking that spot.

Near the end, a few had South Carolina jumping them but that was it. SWMS I don't think was ever in.

Well, I was thinking of Lunardi's projections on ESPN, since those were the only ones I looked at. He had Missouri State in and George Mason out until Selection Sunday. I think he actually left Missouri State in, but switched George Mason and Florida State at the last second, making Florida State the last team out and George Mason the last team in.

Well, I was thinking of Lunardi's projections on ESPN, since those were the only ones I looked at. He had Missouri State in and George Mason out until Selection Sunday. I think he actually left Missouri State in, but switched George Mason and Florida State at the last second, making Florida State the last team out and George Mason the last team in.

It was confusing there at the end but NO ONE had Utah St and Air Force anywhere near getting in. Course if FSU had got in, they would have built a 15 point lead and then pissed it down their leg. So they would have been PERFECT for the tournament.

Man I can't WAIT for that absolute "lock city bay-bee!" Duke/UConn final everyone on ESPN and CBS was predicting. Morons.