TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

I watched the game and the Suns had just as many open shots as they always have. they just collectively shot like shit last night. Shit happens.

Well...at least they bounced back shooting wise. 50 percent from the field...40 precent from three....pretty good.

Till you see the Bucks shot 60 percent from the field and fifty fucking 6 percent from 3. And hit 18 of them!!

The suns got killed on the boards(45-29), and Diaw, Bell and Thomas are struggling right now. I am happy they are getting it out their system now. Would rather see them end the year on a streak, but I am conforted that they are losing games that matter. They need some bigs back in the worse way. They have lost by 50 points in the last two games. Damn.

You guys are right about Amare, in fact, I'd go even further than that and have him sit out the playoffs, too, and just start fresh next season. It's not as if this is the Suns' last shot at winning a championship, I'd be more worried about the long-term health of my franchise player.

The Pistons win a close one at the Palace. That was a great game, considering the Pistons couldn't throw it in the ocean in that first quarter, and the Mavs looked like they were going to run the Pistons right out of the gym.

Until of course, the Pistons remembered who they were and pulled out the game at the end.

Dirk coud not get off tonight, as the Pistons threw no less than 6 or 7 players at him. Stackhouse got his, but it didn't matter.

That should shut some people up about that game where the Mavs blew them out.

A 2 1/2 game lead for the best overall record and home court advantage throughout the playoffs with 12 to play. Things are looking pretty good.

In an ironic twist, Grant Hill has made some noise about coming back to Detroit. Wouldn't that be a bitch?

On another note, it seems the trade of Darko and Arroyo is working out well for the Magic. I should have thought of it before, but Arroyo is perfectly suited for Orlando. That town has a pretty huge Hispanic population, and they took a shine to him almost immediately, and his game is looking up. Not to even mention Darko is looking pretty serviceable as well. While this season is done, next season is looking better for the Magic, especially if Dwight Howard continues to improve.

Darko's line tonight against the Bulls:

6-12, 12 pts, 8 reb, 4 blk

Fourth straight game in double figures

2.4 bpg since joining the Magic.

Back to MIL-PHX for a minute, I was wishing when I saw it on the schedule that I could have a way to see it, because it looked like an exciting game, and it looks like I was right. Fourteen players total scored in double figures, and the Bucks set records for threes in a quarter and a half.

I hope the Suns' bad luck streak continues for at least one more game, because we got 'em next.

Fuckin Kings. I swear they're trying to take this playoff berth down to the wire or something.

I think we've hit a rut since Kevin Martin has been benched for injury.

Probably because he's the only guy that can consistently hit an outside shot... He's also pretty much the only guy who moves without the basketball...

Who would have thought five months ago that we'd even be entertaining the argument that the most valuable player on the team might be Kevin F. Martin?

Shitdamnmotherfucker... the only thing worse than a Kings loss is a Kings loss that screws my fantasy teams at the same time... :angry:

Kevin Martin is a weird one. He started to slowly come around when Bonzi went down and then when Artest came aboard, his game went up several notches. This, despite having the ugliest shooting stroke this side of Bill Cartwright.

I still think Bonzi becomes expendable after this season and Martin becomes the starting 2 guard. While Bonzi's rebounding and postup game are valuable, they aren't irreplaceable.

Well, they wouldn't be... if any-fucking-body else on the team could do it... especially the rebounding part; I think that Gawen is still statistically the team's rebounding leader.

Is Garcia still injured for Sac? I thought he was coming along nicely around mid-season, and that guy can shoot, and he's long and can defend.

Personally I think in the next year and a half, Garcia will be Sac's 2nd best player, assuming they keep Artest.

Garcia's back... and he's mostly back to playing as inconsistently as he was at the start of the season.

That sucks. I really like his style of play, and he is very long and athletic, but he CAN be very inconsistent (Just like at Louisville). That's disappointing, because I think he'd be a great player (and one of my favorites) if he had that constant effort/consistency.

The ankle injury kind of set Garcia back. It was real goofy how he turned the ankle too, but oh well. I think he can be a great defensive player because of his length, but he also has great timing on his blocks and anticipating passes coming near him.

San Antonio is STILL the most injury plagued team this year.

But that speaks volumes of their system, coaching, and depth that they'll win 60 games with constant injuries (and it says just HOW good tony parker is...I love tony parker because he has such a unique style of play, I've never seen a guard slice through the paint like he does which such little effort...he's not really a great passer imho, but he's got amazing paint vision)

I agree with DA on Garcia, he has good timing, and you can NEVER underestimate length in the NBA. Look at what people like Kirilenko and Tayshaun Prince do with their amazing length, if you can learn to be in the right position, you're going to do some damage.

Houston's had Seattle's number for a while now. Man, I still can't get over how bad this season has been for us, though. At least Yao is playing well.

You know, I'm starting to think that maybe Al Harrington wasn't so dumb after all for requesting a trade from the Pacers.

From the truly asinine department...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2390599

Looks like the league is going to put a ban on "men in tights". Whatever. They look kind of goofy to me, but if a player wants to wear them and it doesn't help them to cheat or get a competitive edge, then I say let them look like fools.

From the truly asinine department...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2390599

Looks like the league is going to put a ban on "men in tights". Whatever. They look kind of goofy to me, but if a player wants to wear them and it doesn't help them to cheat or get a competitive edge, then I say let them look like fools.

The most f'ed up thing about this: The league is saying players are wearing them as a fashion statement, but EVERY player and Dr's/trainers pretty much say "We look stupid, but it keeps are muscles warm and helps injuries from getting worse"

I mean a LOT of nba teams play in hockey arenas, and the floor is cold, specifically when you're sitting on the bench not moving around and a cold draft is coming up. I just can't believe the lack of -logic-

Although NBA officials are not publicly commenting on the issue, sources say that the league simply does not like the look of players wearing visible hose.

Well, that's not prejudice at all.

Far too soon. All you had to do was look at the stat sheet to see this one wouldn't be competitive much longer.