TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

A new RVD interview with some good things in it..

Guest nokia

Link to Interview: http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=17227&p=1

Here are the MAIN points (The Goodies if you will)

* He noted that he's been on every Raw house show and every TV since returning at the Rumble, except, as he pointed out, Saturday Night's Main Event. "Apparently they only had three matches and it was geared toward promoting the matches that they care about at WrestleMania."

* Asked if he feels any pressure going into the Money In The Bank match on Sunday, he said he's looking forward to it since it will be more of a hardcore environment, ECW style match. He feels more pressure going out there in the confines of a traditional wrestling match. He doesn't mind sacrificing his body in these types of matches to show off how tough he is. He's looking to incorporate some ladder spots that WWE fans may not have seen from his ECW days. One unique game plan he has in mind, "I thought that maybe if the ladder was tall enough, if I got a chance, I might be able to use it to get my head through that glass ceiling." He added that there's no better place to try to break through than WrestleMania

I may be in the minority, but I think Rob has been sucking really fucking hard since returning. The Rumble performance was really bad, and instead of coming back with new moves or cooler spots, he does the old ones even worse or just does even less. He's barely watchable right now and I'd rather not watch the guy.

Fuck breaking through the glass ceiling at this pont. Rob needs to show a bit more drive so he can keep his spot in the mid-card on Raw.

* He noted that he's been on every Raw house show and every TV since returning at the Rumble, except, as he pointed out, Saturday Night's Main Event. "Apparently they only had three matches and it was geared toward promoting the matches that they care about at WrestleMania."

:lol: I love RVD. It doesn't sound like he's winning the MITB match though.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Ringwise, he's been fucking awful. But he's more over than even he's been in years.

The dude was out of action for a year with a severely torn up knee. He's only been back for 2 months. Give the guy a break.

None of these guys with fusion neck surgeries that were out for a year came back looking as bad as Rob. Dude fucking rolls around and does a Mark Henry splash as his main signatuure move right now. Come the fuck on.

I may be in the minority, but I think Rob has been sucking really fucking hard since returning. The Rumble performance was really bad, and instead of coming back with new moves or cooler spots, he does the old ones even worse or just does even less. He's barely watchable right now and I'd rather not watch the guy.

Fuck breaking through the glass ceiling at this pont. Rob needs to show a bit more drive so he can keep his spot in the mid-card on Raw.

That Shane McMahon is up and comer I tell you what.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
anti-wrestler smarks are the worst.. I've seen most of his matches since coming back, he isn't that awful at all. AT ALL!

Watch the matches with Shelton again.

RVD is very close to Cena was a year ago in that he is very over with the audience, but in ring he hasn't been good since his comeback. I think some of it is a lot of RVD's offense and crazy bumping when selling were a timing thing and since he's been back, that stuff is off.

As far as the fusion neck surgery guys coming back and being on or off, most of those guys didn't work the style RVD does, so their transition was much easier. I'd say RVD resembles HHH coming back from the torn quad. Not saying RVD was very good even before he went on the shelf, but he was a lot better than he is now.

The match with Carlito was fine. The Shelton one was bad yes, but BOTH those guys deserve credit for that. Van Dam overall has been a step behind his normal self but maybe this ladder match will be his real homecoming. In that kind of match I'm willing to bet he'll be great.

The dude was out of action for a year with a severely torn up knee. He's only been back for 2 months. Give the guy a break.

I seem to remember another guy coming back from a severe leg injury and sucking worse in the ring, but he got a World title run in less than 2 months. Just saying, maybe RVD's being optimistic for a change.

It's kind of sad that Raw doesn't have too much talent that deserves to be in the WWE title picture anymore. Edge should have still been champion right now, but aside from him, Shelton's lost a step, RVD's much worse since coming back, Cena's still the same unmotivated slouch, HBK's been going through the motions for a while (even though the lame Vince feud has probably had an effect on him too), and HHH is still as boring as he was when he came back from the quad tear in 2002.

Van Dam isn't much worse at all. The 3 way with Shelton and Flair was a really solid match, as was the Carlito match, and also the finals of the tourney with Big Show and HHH. If anything RVD is in the best matches on Raw, aside from when there's zero chance of a match being any good (i.e. Trevor Murdoch, Gene Snitsky, etc).

Did any of you guys not think that maybe he's working everyone here? I mean this is the same stuff I read in the WWE Raw magazine. It's almost like this "glass ceiling" thing is his new gimmick, and will perhaps play a role in his character post WM. I wouldn't be shocked, especially when I recall those hilarious worked shoot chat sessions he used to have on his website.

I've said it before and will say it again: RVD winning the MITB is the only thing that makes any sense and can lead to any sort of payoff. Flair is 57 years old. He's had 16 titles. Enough is enough. Besides, don't you think Flair could simply challenge HHH on Raw or whatever for a title shot given their history? Cause let's face it, if Flair wins the MITB it's putting an old man over 5 other guys in a LADDER match, and he'll just job to HHH anyway. Or maybe get some token 2 week title run before jobbing it right back. In other words, I don't give a shit.

When considering the MITB ask yourself "Who needs this win the most?" Much like Edge last year, it is RVD.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Van Dam isn't much worse at all. The 3 way with Shelton and Flair was a really solid match, a.

Except for all the botched spots.

I've said it before and will say it again: RVD winning the MITB is the only thing that makes any sense and can lead to any sort of payoff.

Yes, but instead of making me think that his winning is more likely, it makes me think that it's less likely. How often does WWE go down the road that makes sense? It didn't make any sense to bury RVD in 2002 when he was getting the loudest response on the roster. It didn't make sense for Edge to lose the title to Cena. It didn't make sense for Shawn to turn back face. It didn't make sense for Flair to beat Carlito to qualify in the MITB. It doesn't make sense for a 57 year old to still be a wrestler and have people sell for him, but look where we're at now.

Cause let's face it, if Flair wins the MITB it's putting an old man over 5 other guys in a LADDER match,

If Ric Flair wins, and I'm starting to think that he will, then I'm sure they'll book it so that it looks like he pretty much got lucky. Maybe a he'll be knocked out, and a big spot will happen that takes out most everyone else in the match. Flair gets up, maybe he fights with Finlay for a short while, then when Lashley holds back Finlay from getting the win, it gives Flair the chance he needs to pick up the win.

If Flair doesn't when, then it'll be RVD and he'll cash in at the upcoming ECW show.

The only two people that really makes sense right now are RVD and, yes, Flair. Then again, if you figure in another year or so of build, the winner could really be just about anyone in the match.

I thought RVD was the sole reason the RVD/BigShow/HHH match was entertaining, and the RVD definately got the crowd behind him there when they were almost tricked into thinking HHH wouldn't win.....

I wouldn't say RVD has been bad since coming back, I would say he has been more hit and miss, but hell weren't his first two opponents, Snitsky and some other shitbag?

I don't think RVD will ever be as over as he once was until they let him be RVD through and through.

Yes, they stuck him in there with the wrong guys when he first came back. I'm a huge RVD fan, but there does seem to be something off with him since he made his return, both in terms of his ring work and his connection with the fans.

If he wins the MITB match, then the next night on RAW RVD should instantly once again be the cocky, cool, asshole that he plays so damn perfectly.

If RVD is terrible, it's because he's beyond caring at this point. He may still bitch about the glass ceiling, but as far as his ring work is concerned, he doesn't fucking care. He knows he's never going to be beyond where he is now and thus he doesn't care to put forth any effort.

Does RVD really seem like the kind of guy that would go out there and not put forth any effort in his matches just because he thinks that he might not be pushed? I don't think so.

RVD's been hit or miss his whole career. He really doesn't know how to work other then his own style. It's up to the guy he's in the ring with to figure out how to have a decent match with him.

The best part of the interview has been overlooked:

Asked about working with Ric Flair in a ladder match, Van Dam said he gained a lot of respect for Flair after watching his performance in the ladder match against Edge on Raw. He became even more of a fan of Flair that night. He talked about cracking heads with Flair in the three-way on Raw two weeks ago. Flair had a black eye and a bloody nose and didn't miss a beat. Rob considered Flair as tough as a 20 year old. Rob needed ten stitches to close the gash under his eye from that spot.

Flair love should always be appreciated.

Would it seriously shock anyone if Flair did a good job in the MITB match?

I mean, really?

The guy seems to always be put in matches, and most people doubt him and thinks that the match will end up very shitty, and he then goes out there and shocks all of those people. The Edge/Flair TLC match was a lot better than it had any business to be.

He may have off nights in those little matches on RAW here and there, but when push comes to shove and it's a really important match, he really gives his all to bust out one more solid bout.

Asked about working with Ric Flair in a ladder match, Van Dam said he gained a lot of respect for Flair after watching his performance in the ladder match against Edge on Raw. He became even more of a fan of Flair that night. He talked about cracking heads with Flair in the three-way on Raw two weeks ago. Flair had a black eye and a bloody nose and didn't miss a beat. Rob considered Flair as tough as a 20 year old. Rob needed ten stitches to close the gash under his eye from that spot.

Yeah, and he says HHH is the best wrestler today too, don't forget that.

I wonder when will the praise for Stephanie start.

If Flair wins the MITB instead of RVD, I'm sorry, but that's fucking bullshit!

Yeah, and he says HHH is the best wrestler today too, don't forget that.

I wonder when will the praise for Stephanie start.

BOLD PREDICTION: "Stephanie did a great job losing all that weight after the baby....I swear I saw her in the gym working harder than some of the guys....stacker2 for breakfast and lunch really does wonders"