TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

MLB: Week 1 (4/2-4/9)

I wonder if Odalis Perez can get run support, unlike the past 2 seasons.

The Dodgers are going to have to get a big bat around the deadline if they really want to be a contender, because they don't have enough power.

Rollins extended his hitting streak to 38 games with a leadoff double. Even if the streak ends tomorrow, it's historic. Only seven other players have collected longer streaks. More players have pitched perfect games, won 300 games, or hit 500 home runs than have done what Rollins has accomplished.

Yeesh. Delgado, Beltran, and Floyd just got blanked (all gone on strikeouts), much like on Monday. Thankfully, Wright is living up to his hype thus far, as he drives in Jose Reyes on an 0-2 count. 1-0 Mets...

Rollins extended his hitting streak to 38 games with a leadoff double. Even if the streak ends tomorrow, it's historic. Only seven other players have collected longer streaks. More players have pitched perfect games, won 300 games, or hit 500 home runs than have done what Rollins has accomplished.

I think he'll get to 42. Just my opinion.

I don't know how much this means. Of the seven players who had longer streaks, five (Dimaggio, Keeler, Molitor, Sisler, Cobb) are in the Hall of Fame. The sixth is Pete Rose, a HOF caliber player on the field. The seventh, Bill Dahlen, is a borderline candidate who has no real shot as a 19th century player.

The really sad thing is, that some people won't treat it like it should be, due to the two season aspect. The good thing to know is that if he does tie and break the record, it'll come at home.

Mets fans must think more booing will be what turns Beltran around.

Doesn't seem to be working so far.

I could somewhat understand the booing at the end of last year (and, to be honest, I joined in during the one game I saw at Shea late last summer), but to boo a guy for having a bad game and a third is ludicrous.

Ravens 14 Buccaneers 3..ooops..

Ramon Hernandez is now 5-5 with 5 RBI...15-3 Os

I think I can go to bed safely tonight..this game is in the bag..and it looks like they'll be in sole possession of first place too..whee!

Holy damn. Anderson Hernandez just made what might end up being the most amazing play executed by a Met all year. Guy can't hit to save his life, but man he's a good second baseman.

Guest NYankees

Thats what Billy Wagner the Imposter gets for using Super Mariano's theme song.

Thats what Billy Wagner the Imposer gets for using Super Mariano's theme song.

It is absolutley ridiculous that Wagner has kept using Enter Sandman. That is RIVERA'S song.

It is absolutley ridiculous that Wagner has kept using Enter Sandman. That is RIVERA'S song.

Even though Wagner's been using it for a decade?

Bah. Looked as though Lo Duca was going to win it for the Mets, but it's not to be. Goin' to extra innings...

If Mariano was traded to Philly I'd say the same thing to him.

Man, that Jorge Julio, he sure was a good pickup.

Edit: And now the bases are loaded with one out after a reach on strikeout, an error, and a walk. I don't mind the loss so much, but the entire team seems to have imploded after losing the lead.

Let's get a couple more runs here so Foulke giving up rockets left and right and nearly getting the outfielders killed in the 9th again won't hurt as much.

I want Papelbon to close mostly because he's on two of my fantasy teams.

If Mariano was traded to Philly I'd say the same thing to him.

You do realize how absurd this entire manufactured "controversy" is, right? NY's so damn petty.

Anyway, it's the new Mets (Wagner, Julio, and LoDuca) that are causing all the problems the last two innings.

You do realize how absurd this entire manufactured "controversy" is, right? NY's so damn petty.

Anyway, it's the new Mets (Wagner, Julio, and LoDuca) that are causing all the problems the last two innings.

Who didn't see that coming?

Well, it's only the third day of the season. There's still another week of the grace period for bitching and whispers of beheadings start circulating about something baseball-related.