TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

If you can put the blame on 1 person for the decline of the WWE...

Title explains the topic.

Although there are many people you can blame because of the decline of the WWE, I just want to hear you guys name 1.

Here is mine...

Stephanie McMahon

It starts and ends, with Vince McMahon. Everything that is wrong with the promotion, is directly tied to him.

EVERYTHING. It's not even a arguement.

It starts and ends, with Vince McMahon. Everything that is wrong with the promotion, is directly tied to him.

Vince. Si82 pretty much said why.

Steph.

Vince at least has a history of success where you can give him the benefit of the doubt and the WWE is still profitable based on his business model. Steph has been nothing but a failure and the company has remained successful inspite of her and her writing teams performance. Yes, one could say that "It's Vinces fault for keeping her on the staff" but then any problem with any company would get blamed on those in charge, and that's not really fair. Likewise, all success for the company shouldn't go to Vince either.

Yes, Vince should fire her based on her absolutely horrible performance in her role as director of creative, but it is her fault for the actual horrible performance and that's where the accountability and blame should go

Instead of naming a McMahon...I'm going to name the real culprit for the cause of the decline.

Chris Kreski. Ever since he left, thats when the company slowly started to inch towards the downward spiral.

Eric Bischoff.

Why you ask?

Wrestling was more exciting when someone breathing down Vince's neck. Had Eric no led WCW in bankruptcy, WCW might have survived to this day. Without any major competition, Vince can do whatever he wants.

Eric Bischoff.

Why you ask?

Wrestling was more exciting when someone breathing down Vince's neck. Had Eric no led WCW in bankruptcy, WCW might have survived to this day. Without any major competition, Vince can do whatever he wants.

Kevin Nash, is better to blame then Bischoff.

I blame Steve Case for forming America Online.

When Ted Turner merged Time Warner with AOL, AOL slowly but surely took over WCW. Bischoff explained that as AOL became more in control, they began appointing committees on top of committees to tell Bischoff what the direction of WCW would be.

Bischoff & co. were going to purchase WCW for 70 million until AOL's bigwigs said "Fuck wrestling, we don't want rasslin on TNT anymore."

Then they backed out. Vince bought WCW. No competition = Suck.

And AOL's claim to fame now? No one uses shitty AOL, their website, or browser. AIM has exploded, sure, but there's tons of other messaging programs which would've been just as popular. And wrestling's in the garbage can.

I would list HHH as one of the non-McMahonian causes for the WWEs decline. His monopoly over the top spot and the glass ceiling imposed has hurt the development of new stars. Just recently with Edge is a perfect example of that. Edge as the top heel with the belt? No way, that's HHHes job. So Edge lost the title to Cena just so Cena could lose it to HHH. Then look at how HHH obliterated everyone in that SNME match. That helps nobody but him.

I blame Steve Case for forming America Online.

When Ted Turner merged Time Warner with AOL, AOL slowly but surely took over WCW. Bischoff explained that as AOL became more in control, they began appointing committees on top of committees to tell Bischoff what the direction of WCW would be.

Bischoff & co. were going to purchase WCW for 70 million until AOL's bigwigs said "Fuck wrestling, we don't want rasslin on TNT anymore."

Then they backed out. Vince bought WCW. No competition = Suck.

And AOL's claim to fame now? No one uses shitty AOL, their website, or browser. AIM has exploded, sure, but there's tons of other messaging programs which would've been just as popular. And wrestling's in the garbage can.

Jamie Kellner should be listed then.

HHH.

WWE can survive shitty writing, shitty wrestlers, and even Vince's shitty side projects.

However, if every rising star that shows a glimmer of hope gets pedigreed back to midcard hell, we're stuck with that stagnant pile of a ME scene we have now.

I blame that fucker Eddie Guerrero for taking his ball and going home (to Jesus).

That puts a ton of pressure on the WWE writing team to create new stars and rewrite storylines. Totally unprofessional.

Stephanie McMahon is the most obvious choice. The shows started sucking when she took over the creative team and she went off and married Triple H. Fuck Stephanie.

I'm gonna have to be unoriginal and say Vince. That guy is so out of touch with reality. His perception of "what the fans want" is generally way off as well.

In the end when you say Stephanie this or HHH that or "someone" the other it all comes down to one man

The emperor himself who has the final word on EVERYTHING

HHH's handling of other wrestlers so that they're not allowed to look good compared to him? Vince approved

Using Eddie as a storyline? Vince Approved

on and on and on - Vince approved

Hell he moved Heyman from Smackdown when it started to get GOOD and stuck him in the OWV and we're now stuck with Steph and her monkey squad of writers. Vince Approved.

It's not like a normal company where the boss delegates a lot of the work and just sits back and takes in meetings now and again. He's hands on every day

and fires those who don't share his "vision" turning the remaining staff members into "yes men"