TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Backlash Main Event announced...

I would prefere to see Cena vs. Edge, but only if Edge goes over.

However, if Edge were to beat Triple H, clean, then that would be good also.

HHH is probably going to take some time off when his kid pops out.

i dont think he is gonna win the title simply because of that fact. I mean stephanies baby is gonna pop out sometime within the next couple of months and im sure HHH wants longer than a 2/3 month title reign before he loses/forfits the title to have time off

1. Benoit

2. Finlay

3. Angle

4. Mysterio

5. MNM

I doubt HHH is even in the top ten.

You are quite wrong. The top five would probably have HHH, Michaels, Angle, and Benoit in it. Not sure who #5 would be. Definitely not Finlay. Can't even imagine what people would base that on. And MNM? Come on! A very good team but let's give them some more time first please.

What good HHH matches has there been? He is boring as hell.

Michaels has wrestled just about the same match since 2002. He isn't top 5.

Angle and Benoit are good, but right now, they are living on past glory.

My top 5:

Finaly

Noble

Mysterio

Angle

Benoit

As for this match: Either Edge wins pinning Cena after Triple H squashes Cena or Triple H pins Edge after an FU but squashes Cena first to kill off both wreslters at the same time.

Guest GoJoe

I'd have Edge in my top 5, as his matches with Flair and Foley have both really stood out.

I'll go with...

Kurt Angle

Rey Mysterio

Finlay

Shawn Michaels

Edge

Benoit has been solid but nothing he's done this year has blown me away. Undertaker nearly made it based on his two matches with Angle alone.

By June after this run with Cena people might actually cheer for HHH legit, especially if he keeps teeing off on his oppenents with shoot-like comments...fans will always pop for HHH, ECW or not. Pre-Cena HHH would have been perfect for RVD at ONS but right now I'd rather see CENA do the JOB....plus in June we might be experiencing D-X all over again...but I doubt it :(

I get goosebumps at the thought of the crowd reaction to either John Cena or HHH at an ECW show. That will bring a whole new definition to "nuclear crowd heat".

Guest Arnold_OldSchool
HHH is probably going to take some time off when his kid pops out. So, I doubt he'd keep the title for long. My guess is he wins it at Backlash... pisses everyone off by beating RVD at ONS... then, jobs the title back to Cena, to further piss people off.

I think the last WON said that Steffi and HHH would care for the baby on the Bus thing they own

I said all along that HHH wouldn't take time off for the baby. Looks like I was right. Oh and how the hell are people ranking JAMIE NOBLE on their top 5? What has he done in WWE since coming back? (Legit question as I don't watch SD)

HHH is probably going to take some time off when his kid pops out. So, I doubt he'd keep the title for long. My guess is he wins it at Backlash... pisses everyone off by beating RVD at ONS... then, jobs the title back to Cena, to further piss people off.

I think the last WON said that Steffi and HHH would care for the baby on the Bus thing they own

Once the baby is a few months old, yes. I cannot see them taking a newborn out on the road. That's sheer lunacy.

The top five workers in the WWE are the five guys that can have believable-looking matches, work with a variety of opponents, get the crowd involved, have personality/physical charisma that connects with the crowd, and can do all these things consistently. They are probably HHH, Angle, Michaels, and Benoit. The last guy would have been Eddy or Jericho a year ago. Now, I'm not so sure. I'd probably put Misterio and Edge in the top ten in any event. Finlay doesn't meet some of these requirements.

Granted, to honestly know who these five would be we'd have to bein the ring with all of them but as an outsider looking in, my guesses are probably pretty close.

You mean the same ol: "punches and chops", spinebuster, "punches and chops", sleeper, "punches and chops", rest hold, "punches and chops", big move, big move, heel mess up, comeback, "punches and chops", big move, big move, "punches and chops" finish: match style bores you too?

Angle and Benoit are good, but right now, they are living on past glory.

Angle is still capable of a ***** match, and Benoit just isn't motivated right now.

He went from main eventing WM20 and winning the title, to being stuck on the midcard.

Who can blame the guy. They had a perfect chance to put him back into the main event scene with Kurt Angle winning the title, but they rather have Mizark, The Charity Case(Rey Mysterio) and Randy "No Charisma" Orton main event over Benoit.

Hell they could've had him face The Undertaker, in a fued that has yet to happen, and that the fans want to see. But they stuck him in the midcard with the #2 title, with JBL(Who also I think is getting mistreated)

Back to Backlash!

The main event should be really good. At least it breaks up the expected main events of the two pot-Mania PPVs (HHH-Cena, HHH-Cena HellinaCell). I wonder if there will be any thought put into the undercard...

Who's left?

Back to Backlash!

The main event should be really good. At least it breaks up the expected main events of the two pot-Mania PPVs (HHH-Cena, HHH-Cena HellinaCell). I wonder if there will be any thought put into the undercard...

Who's left?

Well it's likely going to be RVD Vs. Shelton Benjamin, Carlito Vs. Chris Masters, Jamal(Can't remember his new name) Vs. Ric Flair, and possibly rematches of the Spirit Squad Vs. TBS/Kane and Mickie James Vs. Trish Stratus is some sort of gimmick match.

Let me guess:

Edge vs HHH vs Cena in the Triple H invitational

Masters vs CCC (CCC breaks the master lock yet, loses)

Flair vs big fat heel(Jamal) (Flair wins, see v. Vader for finish)

The Devlish McMahons vs HBK and GOD!(not JBL) (HBK and GOD win with the help of Jesus)

Trish vs Micky in a dumb gimmick match, such as a ladder match. (Micky wins by a botched spot....again)

5(SS not the Germans) vs TBS/Kane (TBS and Kane win by DQ)

RVD vs Shelton vs Chavo white (Chavo wins by pinning shelton to win the IC title, only to lose it the next night... to Masters)

Let me guess:

Edge vs HHH vs Cena in the Triple H invitational

Masters vs CCC (CCC breaks the master lock yet, loses)

Flair vs big fat heel(Jamal) (Flair wins, see v. Vader for finish)

The Devlish McMahons vs HBK and GOD!(not JBL) (HBK and GOD win with the help of Jesus)

Trish vs Micky in a dumb gimmick match, such as a ladder match. (Micky wins by a botched spot....again)

5(SS not the Germans) vs TBS/Kane (TBS and Kane win by DQ)

RVD vs Shelton vs Chavo white (Chavo wins by pinning shelton to win the IC title, only to lose it the next night... to Masters)

A ladder match wouldn't make sense at all. I'll call for a strap match instead, or the first ever (in wwe at least) I Quit match.

I say ladder match because it would be the dumbest choice of all, and we are talking about the WWE.

Didn't they just put 57 year old Flair in TWO this year?

Micky wins by a botched spot....again

Botched spot it may have been but it actually made sense in the context of the match despite the fact that it may not have "supposed" to happen.

How does a (weak) kick to the head fit in a match where most of the match was working on the leg? Wouldn't a leg finisher or another dropkick to the knee worked better for a finisher?

Guest burth179
Even if Edge wins, he'll give it right back up.

HHH or Cena has to be champ going into ONS II. It doesn't work if Edge is the champ RVD faces at ONS II. It has to be either HHH or Cena going into ECW territory.

Why not Edge? If RVD is playing face at ECW ONS II, I think there is no better heel than Edge in my opinion.