TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

Paula Abdul Assaulted at a Party

Found here:

Paula Abdul Tells Police She Was Assaulted

Thursday April 6 6:01 PM ET

Police are investigating a report by "American Idol" judge Paula Abdul that a man assaulted her at a private party over the weekend.

On Tuesday, Abdul filed a report at the Hollywood station claiming she had been a victim of battery about 1 a.m. Sunday, police Lt. Paul Vernon said Thursday.

"According to Abdul, the man at the party argued with her, grabbed her by the arm and threw her against a wall," Vernon said. "She said she had sustained a concussion and spinal injuries."

Abdul provided police with the name of the man, but Vernon withheld it pending further investigation. The man had not been charged, Vernon said.

Abdul's publicist Michelle Bega declined to comment. The incident was first reported by Us Weekly.

Abdul, who shares judging duties on Fox's hit talent show with Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson, appeared as scheduled on this week's "American Idol."

Last week, she signed a deal to remain on the show for another three years.

Not so sure about the accuracy of Paula's report. I can see a concussion, if she had hit head first, but spinal injuries? Hmm... it's a bit iffy.

But, in any case, the most important part of the report is her new contract. Another three years?? Ick! Simon's on for another five, Paula three... I've not heard if Randy's on again or not.

wtf, concussion and spinal injuries? did the guy launch her headfirst into the side of a trailer like Kevin Nash did to Rey Mysterio? Oh and 3 more years of Paula...ugh ugh ugh...

You'd think by now they would've decided to mix up the American Idol panel a bit. Paula generally adds nothing from the episodes I've seen.

Guest Princess Leena

If they removed Paula, then they'd just put another sympathetic whore in her role. It's a needed oppugnant for the show to survive.

Well Paula probably weighs about a 100lbs soaking wet. A person could accidently bump her and she would go flying.

Soon the story will change to two men assaulted her, one named J. Daniels and another named J. Beam.

Have six more rums and coke and a smile Paula.

Randy might as well come back, he's got nothing better to do and he probably enjoys the sweet smell of every beer on the planet that seeps through her pores from show to show.

American Idol must end. Somehow.

It never will man, it never will. I've been hoping for its end since it started.

It never will man, it never will. I've been hoping for its end since it started.

It might not mean much 2GOLD, but you can take solace in the fact that Australian Idol is 'apparently' in it's final year, due to the talent pool 'drying up.' I think us Aussies should just stick to throwing shrimps on a BBQ...

It might not mean much 2GOLD, but you can take solace in the fact that Australian Idol is 'apparently' in it's final year, due to the talent pool 'drying up.' I think us Aussies should just stick to throwing shrimps on a BBQ...

Talent doesn't mean anything to the US. As long as they look good (or in the guys case, like bathing isn't allowed where they live) then the voice doesn't matter.

Hence, we are screwed.

The part that I mind is that it's the most glaring example of cultural destruction on television. Doesn't help that it's also peddled by the network that splays its logo everywhere as large as possible, and is allied with virtually every company that shares its idea of being the end-all, be-all one stop shop in their respective arenas (seeing the Best Buy logo all over an edition of "The Best Damn Sports Show Period" was chilling). Naturally, the evil owner is the nail in the coffin. Fuck Fox and its entire philosophy of slick presentation to distract you from the utter lack of substance. At least the other networks and channels have some degree of honor and purpose.

The part that I mind is that it's the most glaring example of cultural destruction on television. Doesn't help that it's also peddled by the network that splays its logo everywhere as large as possible, and is allied with virtually every company that shares its idea of being the end-all, be-all one stop shop in their respective arenas (seeing the Best Buy logo all over an edition of "The Best Damn Sports Show Period" was chilling). Naturally, the evil owner is the nail in the coffin. Fuck Fox and its entire philosophy of slick presentation to distract you from the utter lack of substance. At least the other networks and channels have some degree of honor and purpose.

What I hate about AI the most is how exploitive it is. The best parts of the show are the wheedling away to get to the winner, pointing out the bad seeds - thus why the auditions are so damn long. It's a bloody freak show. Like 'Ha, ha, look at that geek!' The one young boy who was REALLY, REALLY feminine - a blonde white kid, I forget the name - probably has some odd gentic thing going on, yet he's displayed for all the millions of viewers to be laughed at. Yeah, the show has some good spots, but that's it. Every song is forgettable, every performer forgotten.

American Idol is a perfect example of our culture's voyeuristic tendencies towards lesser beings, freaks, and it shows how we get our kicks off of others' misfortunes...except in the privacy of our homes. Discuss.

The only GOOD show on Fox is 'House, M.D.' but even that has had to deal with some sensationalist crap (how many episodes of season two deal with sex, troubled couples, sex, and oh yeah a 30 year old kissing a 9 year old? Granted, that last was a rather touching moment, but still... it reeks of Foxdom.)

There's another three years of this shit? Christ...

THANK YOU!

It really needs to die.

Doesn't help that it's also peddled by the network that splays its logo everywhere as large as possible...

Does it feature moving advertisments for other shows that take up 20% of the screen? That seems to be the trend on a lot of the cable networks I watch (and WB).

at some point in their marriage you just know Emilio Estevez cummed all over her beautiful breasts. Discuss how disturbing that truly is.

Do you REALLY think about that?

Whenever I see a photo of Paula Abdul I think "How the hell did Emilio get himself some of that?".

Talent doesn't mean anything to the US. As long as they look good (or in the guys case, like bathing isn't allowed where they live) then the voice doesn't matter.

Hence, we are screwed.

Obviously, you haven't seen some of this year's crop. I can't say they've made it this far on looks...

Just remember folks, it's an interactive singing competition. As long as they can find people willing to step up to a mic and sing, and people are willing to watch it, it can keep going.

at some point in their marriage you just know Emilio Estevez cummed all over her beautiful breasts. Discuss how disturbing that truly is.

Do you REALLY think about that?

Whenever I see a photo of Paula Abdul I think "How the hell did Emilio get himself some of that?".

I bet Charlie fucked her behind his back.