TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Czech Republic

TWIB No. 2: 10 April-16 April

Guest Princess Leena
Pirates are awful, yeah.

The Royals at least have Grudzielanek, Graffanino, and Sanders this year. They could win like 68 games with them.

Do they still have Sweeney? I think they could win 72, exactly!

Guest Princess Leena

No fault of A-Rod.

They keep walking him, and the rest of the team blows. Release Jeter and Sheffield. CANCERS.

Beltran just CRUSHED one to the upper deck in right in Washington. That was the furthest I've seen a Met hit one since the days of Strawberry or maybe Piazza in his prime. Dayum!

Beltran belts one out of RFK, his first homer from the left side. Mets up 7-1 in the top of the 9th.

I'm really really pleased with the way Brian Bannister has been pitching so far. I had expected him to immediately fold under the pressure of playing in the big leagues, but after two quality starts, I can safely say that that hasn't happened. It looks as though he'll be a more-than-acceptable fifth starter for the Mets this year.

Guest NYankees
No fault of A-Rod.

They keep walking him, and the rest of the team blows. Release Jeter and Sheffield. CANCERS.

Jeter just hit a 3 run homerun with 2 outs in the bottom of the 8th to put the Yankees up 9-7.

Of course that jackass Jeter has to be the hero again. I knew he'd get them the lead, but didn't think he'd homer to left of all places.

Guest NYankees

It's funny to think that Jeter turns 32 years old this year. God it seems like yesterday when he was a rookie.

Wait, the Royals have Doug Mientkiewicz batting fifth?

FIFTH?!

Boston's defense is so improved it isn't funny, including a Web Gem DP with Loretta-Gonzalez-Youklis. Plus, I like how they are manufacturing runs. Of course, as I type this Papi goes deep.

Guest Princess Leena

No fault of A-Rod.

Jeter just hit a 3 run homerun with 2 outs in the bottom of the 8th to put the Yankees up 9-7.

Yeah. Who's Mr. April now.

any team with even mediocre pitching beats the Yankees today.

Also, to show I'm not biased I think Nixon was on the juice. Too many groin strains and other muscle injuries that one gets after abusing roids. Only Red Sox players to use them during the past 5 years or so are Nixon and Nomar in my opinion.

Just got back from the game it was really a blast. Wang looked great through four innings with nine groundball outs and just collapsed after that. Crowd LOVED Bernie until he made got caught in "Bernie land" and got caught off 2nd with the bases loaded. Then he got the hit in the 8th, Jeter hit the Hrer, the crowd went nuts and Mo closed it down.

Sturtze is gonna be released soon I think, he just looked horrific out there.

Guest NYankees
Just got back from the game it was really a blast. Wang looked great through four innings with nine groundball outs and just collapsed after that. Crowd LOVED Bernie until he made got caught in "Bernie land" and got caught off 2nd with the bases loaded. Then he got the hit in the 8th, Jeter hit the Hrer, the crowd went nuts and Mo closed it down.

\

When you say sturtze do you mean Tenrun Sturtze???

I'm glad to see the Red Sox are winning and all... but the fact that Arroyo could have been hitting the home runs and giving us the solid pitching instead of doing that for the Reds kinda stings.

A pitcher with two homers in one month. How often has that happened?

Guest NYankees

Can Philly fans please tell me when the fuck did Darren Daulton go batshit crazy? He comes off as a looneytune.

\

When you say sturtze do you mean Tenrun Sturtze???

I really can't say anything, I'm still eating crow from Al and others after proclaimg Sturtze had become a reliable pitcher at the start of the 05 season.

A pitcher with two homers in one month. How often has that happened?

10-to-1 says Mike Hampton's done it at least once