TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

Here's a list of people on this fine network that I simply cannot stand.

Mike Greenberg

Doug Gottlieb

Skip Bayless

Woody Paige

Dari Nowkah

Jay Crawford

Pedro Gomez

Sean Salisbury

Dan Patrick

Mobile ESPN guy

Colin Cowherd

Stephen A. Smith

Dick Vitale

Joe Theissman

Joe Morgan

Bill Walton

Bob Ryan

Bill Plaschke

Michael Irvin

Jackie MacMullen

I'm sure I left off plenty.

I'll do my best to follow.

Mike Greenberg

Skip Bayless: Why couldn't Ozzie call this guy a fag

Jay Crawford

Pedro Gomez: It's not his fault

Sean Salisbury: Bitch

Colin Cowherd: Douche

Stephen A. Smith: I like him, but I'm leaving it here for you to see

Dick Vitale: Same as above. FUNNY AS FUCK.

Joe Theissman: He was right about Ricky, but this no-career having douche gets on my nerves.

Joe Morgan: Idiot

Bill Walton: Love him

Bill Plaschke: Moron

Michael Irvin: Funny, but I don't like him

Pam Ward

Mike Patrick and Paul McGuire: Whiners

Tim Legler: Crooked faced bitch

Chris Berman: I like the nicknames sometimes, but he's really annoying.

Merril Hoge: Dumbest person on the network.

Jay Marrioti: Ozzie said what everyone wanted to say.

John Kruk

Dave O'Brien is really a terrible soccer announcer

I think that's it, I really don't have any problem with their college football coverage, except for Patrick and McGuire.

Guest Felonies!

Has anyone else seen that commercial for like ESPN360 or something and it's a cartoon, and this boy falls down, only to be saved by a CARTOON BILL WALTON?!?

Guest Smues
I saw it. The commercial would be the drizzling shits if not for Cartoon Bill Walton.

It still is the drizzling shits with him. It's one of those commercials where you just kind of stare at it in stunned silence and disbelief.

This "greatest player to ever wear that number" thing that ESPN is doing exemplifies the "what have you done for me lately?" mentality they have. They have Reggie Bush as the greatest to ever wear #5(against guys like McNabb, James, and LT), Leinart as the greatest to ever wear #11, and Vince Young as the greatest to ever wear #10.

If this list was made 5 years from now they probably wouldn't have any of those guys as the greatest but they're all fresh in ESPN's dumb little heads.

Is that why the likes of Bronko Nagurski, and Don Hutson are the best players to wear their respected numbers?

Well of course they're putting old ones on there. But the recents ones are still laughable especially the #5 because the honorable mention list listed players that are waaaaaaaaaaaay better than him.

This "greatest player to ever wear that number" thing that ESPN is doing exemplifies the "what have you done for me lately?" mentality they have. They have Reggie Bush as the greatest to ever wear #5(against guys like McNabb, James, and LT), Leinart as the greatest to ever wear #11, and Vince Young as the greatest to ever wear #10.

If this list was made 5 years from now they probably wouldn't have any of those guys as the greatest but they're all fresh in ESPN's dumb little heads.

Is that why the likes of Bronko Nagurski, and Don Hutson are the best players to wear their respected numbers?

Well of course they're putting old ones on there. But the recents ones are still laughable especially the #5 because the honorable mention list listed players that are waaaaaaaaaaaay better than him.

Like who? I didn't see anyone on that list who was better than Bush.

I like that Ron Simmons got honourable mention for #50.

Like who? I didn't see anyone on that list who was better than Bush.

I like that Ron Simmons got honourable mention for #50.

Are we talking about at the time or now? Because James and McNabb are way better than Bush. And I think LT was better in college and definitely turned out to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better in the pro's and I think will be waaaaaaaaay better than Bush in the pro's.

I'd wish they'd drop all the porker, dominos, and pool ect and show stuff like indoor soccer and lacross and roller hockey as filler like they used to.

Guest Smues
Who the fuck is this guy hosting ATH??? He is trying WAYYY too hard.

And yet I still liked him more than Kellerman.

I don't mind the poker on the network at all. It got my attention, and I'm fairly frequent poker player right now. Norm Chad can "fall" off a cliff for all I care though.

And who the fuck was that on Around the Horn? Bring back Reali!

Guest Smues

When I heard there was no 4th of July baseball on either ESPN I figured 'oh well Wimbleton and the World cup, that's legit". So I get bored and check the listings, to see that while ESPN2 is mainly sticking to that stuff, ESPN 1 has poker in the morning, poker in the evening, and mother fucking Bonds on Bonds. Eat my ass ESPN.

I do think Repoman had a good point though, at least showing obscure sports like indoor soccer or handball or stuff like that would be better than their continual crap promotion of poker and billiards.

...hey, remember when ESPN2 used to be the joke?

Who the fuck is this guy hosting ATH??? He is trying WAYYY too hard.

And yet I still liked him more than Kellerman.

Yeah, I didn't care for him either, but he's not the regular host, so of course it's not going to be the same. I must say however, when that Zach guy was a sub host I thought he was great. And for as much as I liked Max on the show, I would rather have Tony hosting.

Duke Castiglione used to be the equivalent of a ballboy for the sports department of NY1 News . He's the guy they'd send to cover sporting events when it was like 90+ degrees outside and the studio anchor wanted to be in the A.C., or he'd get sent to those fringe type events. How he got a job at ESPN I'll never know, and I'm sure you can see why he's been doing this for years and still is only used as a fill in.

I do think Repoman had a good point though, at least showing obscure sports like indoor soccer or handball or stuff like that would be better than their continual crap promotion of poker and billiards.

I loved when ESPN2 was the joke. I could watch the CFL, lawnmore racing, and indoor soccer all day long, plus they had on hockey almost everynight of the week.

I'm watching the U.S. Poker tournament right now. Some good drama going on here. I never realized how good of a player Mark Seif is.

Norm Chad can still wear concrete shoes and fall into a river for all I care.

Guest Princess Leena

That's what puzzles me about ESPN.

ESPN2 has Wimbledon on. ESPN has people eating hot dogs, and seriously trying to make it sound like a sport.

WTF.

That's what puzzles me about ESPN.

ESPN2 has Wimbledon on. ESPN has people eating hot dogs, and seriously trying to make it sound like a sport.

WTF.

What scares me is that the hot-dog announcers put their "sport" over better then wrestling and most of the ESPN's baseball announcers.

I feel the same way about Paintball being showcased on ESPN as a "pro sport".

re: Bill Walton cartoon...does Robert Smigel do those or are they jsut inspired by his artwork?

re: ATH...I haven't watched that show in months, is Reali gone or just on vacation?

I feel the same way about Paintball being showcased on ESPN as a "pro sport".

re: Bill Walton cartoon...does Robert Smigel do those or are they jsut inspired by his artwork?

re: ATH...I haven't watched that show in months, is Reali gone or just on vacation?

Tony is on vacation apparently. And no clue about the Walton cartoons but I wish they would just stop.