TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

This Colbert vs. Canton deal is some excellent business. I love the reactions of 'shocked' Canton residents when their version of Canton gets "attacked".

Reminds me of a Word segment that listed Windsor, Ontario as the worst place in the world. It made the front page of our paper with comments from the mayor and upset citizens.

Craig Robinson, who played Darryl on The Office, was arrested for having ecstasy and meth. I read it in a small blurb in my email service site, so link is not available.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx/?news=327144&GT1=28103

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Prosecutors have filed felony drug charges against Craig Phillip Robinson, an actor best known for his role as Darryl Philbin on NBC's "The Office."

According to documents released Friday, police in Culver City arrested Robinson on June 29 on suspicion of possessing MDMA, also known as ecstasy, and methamphetamine. He was released the same day after posting bail, jail records show.

Los Angeles County prosecutors charged Robinson with two felony counts of drug possession and one count of being under the influence of illegal drugs.

Robinson's publicist declined comment Friday. The 36-year-old is scheduled to appear in court on August 21.

He is familiar to television audiences for his portrayal of Philbin, a warehouse foreman on "The Office." He also recently appeared in the comedy film "Pineapple Express."

According to Rotten Tomatoes, a tribute to Nazi Exploitation movies called "Blitzkrieg: Escape from Stalag 69" is getting a limited release this week. Wish I knew more.

I still wish they'd make Werewolf Women of the SS into a real movie. Of all the fake trailers in Grindhouse, why did they choose freaking Machete, the most boring and conventional-looking one, to actually finish into a feature film?

That was Eli Roth himself. He's said he's down to do Thanksgiving for Grindhouse 2 if it gets paired with Don't, but I doubt that will happen.

Saw Mirrors tonight and what a great flick. Aja did a tremendous job with this, and Keifer brought it with, basically, a beat down, burned out and way more intense and unpredictable version of Jack Bauer, who fights with demons, tortured souls, and the like. A few really brutal death scenes in this one that I was surprised made it past MPAA guidelines. Plus Amy Smart was bringing the nudity strong in her bath scene (which ironically turns into the sickest scene in the movie by far).

For anyone that has Time Warner Cable (at least in NY), there is FINALLY an all horror station. FEARNET has been turned into a free on Demand channel. Right now I'm watching the remake of THE BLOB after watching the original. They also offer THE DEVIL'S BACKBONE, ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK,976-EVIL, 976-EVIL 2 and other really good and fun horror films. Time Warner finally got something right.

Take that, East St. Louis!

Second best Simpsons line ever.

#1 either being "Delicious wine?" or "With good cause!". Seriously, THOSE are the lines I love.

"I'm cold and there are wolves after me."

"Clown college? You can't eat that."

For longer lines, I prefer "How could this happen? We started out like Romeo and Juliet, but it ended up in tragedy."

For full monologue, it's the "terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles" rant.

I finally saw King of Kong: A Fistfull of Quaters last week, it's a really good documentary.

"Mirrors" is basically one big "meh." There's a few nice moments (the jaw ripping scene is awesome) and the last 30 minutes don't hurt. The rest though, isn't that good, and good God, Kiefer Sutherland's performance was bad.

I still wish they'd make Werewolf Women of the SS into a real movie. Of all the fake trailers in Grindhouse, why did they choose freaking Machete, the most boring and conventional-looking one, to actually finish into a feature film?

Well don't worry, because Rob's doing a comic of it.

Jean Rollin is currently working on his last movie.

Could someone please explain to me what is so special about Kim Kardashian? Who is this bimbo and why do I see her name way too much?