TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

I watched the series the day after I saw the new Indiana Movie, and TEMPLE OF DOOM is my least favorite of the original trilogy. Not saying it's a bad movie, but I enjoy it the least of the three with LAST CRUSADE being my favorite and RAIDERS being #2. That might also have to do with the fact that CRUSADE was the first one I saw when I was younger, plus it's the one I've seen the most.

I ended up seeing Mummy 3 tonight because Step Brothers was sold out at 7:30 (and we were there at 6:50... odd for a 2nd week release to be sold out, but that's the power of cheap night I guess) and the next showing conflicted with me getting to work on time. Obviously we were in the mood for some high class entertainment tonight... anyway, yeah, not very good in the grand scheme of things but as a fan of meta jokes I liked the opening bit about Evy being "a completely different woman" and the books being called "The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns". If THAT's your highlight then you know you're not seeing something very good.

The yeti making the "It's good" signal for a human field goal was a bit ridiculous, even taking into consideration this is a film (and film series) about mummies, undead armies, and yetis

Yeah, I noticed that show playing on "Super Channel" here.

On that topic, the rise of Super Channel in this market upsets me greatly. I don't know how you Americans put up with THREE different movie channels but I can't even stand the idea of two. The idea here (and funny enough, a claim still made on their website's FAQ) is that The Movie Network would have EVERY movie since they had a monopoly, unlike the US that has to split the rights across three channels. This justified paying something like $17.95 a month for the network since you KNEW a movie would be available for home viewing in 9-12 months.

Not so fast, says Super Channel! They had a strictly OnDemand channel here for a few months but last month they had 4 channels introduced. Right now, Fox seems to be the one studio they seem to have (Die Hard IV, Simpsons, and Fantastic Four 2 have all aired on that channel and not TMN) but I figure it's only a matter of time before more exclusives are lost. So frustrating... and they don't even have an HD channel! (Well, they do - two, actually - but Cogeco doesn't have either in this market yet).

I understand the non-monopoly is supposed to keep things competitive and good for the consumer choice, but it's not like either channel is suddenly going to drop their prices in an attempt to woo viewers. In fact I imagine they'll just get more expensive over time.

The new Kevin Smith movie Zach and Miri got an R rating on appeal.

on appeal for strong crude sexual content including dialogue, graphic nudity and pervasive language

That's a lot of naughty things in one movie

I ended up seeing Mummy 3 tonight because Step Brothers was sold out at 7:30 (and we were there at 6:50... odd for a 2nd week release to be sold out, but that's the power of cheap night I guess) and the next showing conflicted with me getting to work on time. Obviously we were in the mood for some high class entertainment tonight... anyway, yeah, not very good in the grand scheme of things but as a fan of meta jokes I liked the opening bit about Evy being "a completely different woman" and the books being called "The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns". If THAT's your highlight then you know you're not seeing something very good.

The yeti making the "It's good" signal for a human field goal was a bit ridiculous, even taking into consideration this is a film (and film series) about mummies, undead armies, and yetis

Yeah I did like the tongue in cheek lines they scripted in the film, including jabs at how Fraser had in his contract three Mummy films and he had to fill the obligation here (I cant remember what the lines were exactly, but it was supposed to be a knock on the situation with his contract) and things like that. Some of the scenes in this one were super hokey though, borderline B movie stuff. But I enjoyed it for what it was, definately felt way different and not as fulfilling as the other two Mummy films, though. And I wasn't feeling Maria Bello as Evie whatsoever. She had the uber overacted british accent, and I just didn't see the resemblance at all to the two characters, given how she was just seemingly overacting everything.

Overall, not as bad as I expected, but not nearly as good as it should have been considering the long stretch of time since the second Mummy.

Yeah I did like the tongue in cheek lines they scripted in the film, including jabs at how Fraser had in his contract three Mummy films and he had to fill the obligation here (I cant remember what the lines were exactly, but it was supposed to be a knock on the situation with his contract) and things like that. Some of the scenes in this one were super hokey though, borderline B movie stuff. But I enjoyed it for what it was, definately felt way different and not as fulfilling as the other two Mummy films, though. And I wasn't feeling Maria Bello as Evie whatsoever. She had the uber overacted british accent, and I just didn't see the resemblance at all to the two characters, given how she was just seemingly overacting everything.

Overall, not as bad as I expected, but not nearly as good as it should have been considering the long stretch of time since the second Mummy.

"You promised the publisher a third Mummy adventure" or something similar.

Yeah, I noticed that show playing on "Super Channel" here.

On that topic, the rise of Super Channel in this market upsets me greatly. I don't know how you Americans put up with THREE different movie channels but I can't even stand the idea of two. The idea here (and funny enough, a claim still made on their website's FAQ) is that The Movie Network would have EVERY movie since they had a monopoly, unlike the US that has to split the rights across three channels. This justified paying something like $17.95 a month for the network since you KNEW a movie would be available for home viewing in 9-12 months.

Not so fast, says Super Channel! They had a strictly OnDemand channel here for a few months but last month they had 4 channels introduced. Right now, Fox seems to be the one studio they seem to have (Die Hard IV, Simpsons, and Fantastic Four 2 have all aired on that channel and not TMN) but I figure it's only a matter of time before more exclusives are lost. So frustrating... and they don't even have an HD channel! (Well, they do - two, actually - but Cogeco doesn't have either in this market yet).

I understand the non-monopoly is supposed to keep things competitive and good for the consumer choice, but it's not like either channel is suddenly going to drop their prices in an attempt to woo viewers. In fact I imagine they'll just get more expensive over time.

Yeah, it pisses me off too. It's bad enough that they don't run the popular movies enough and instead run shitty movies no ones heard off but now with the two channels they're going to start splitting movie studios between each other meaning less popular movies on each network. So is my bill going to get smaller since I'm getting less of what I want? Probably not.

I hate to say this but I really haven't enjoyed Conan since the strike ended.

The shows just seem lifeless and I'm laughing less and less. The show has become incredibly stale and Conan seems like his mind is preoccupied with something else. It's probably has to to with the Tonight Show move next year and it's really affecting the show now.

I hope he gets out of this rut

I hate to say this but I really haven't enjoyed Conan since the strike ended.

The shows just seem lifeless and I'm laughing less and less. The show has become incredibly stale and Conan seems like his mind is preoccupied with something else. It's probably has to to with the Tonight Show move next year and it's really affecting the show now.

I hope he gets out of this rut

Maybe he is working with some of those HI-larious Tonight Show writers now to get the feel of things?

In other news, there is nothing dumber than listening to Martin Lawrence, Will Smith and Michael Bay talk about Bad Boys 3. Not the fact they all want to make it (that is stupid after the second one) but it's them all claiming the reason it might never happen is they all make too much money.

I may be crazy here but if all three guys want to make the film and they are all already multi-millionaires who aren't hurting for cash...couldn't they all just agree to take a pay cut to MAKE their film? Honestly I don't want to see it but there seems to be something incredibly stupid about them all saying, "Oh yeah I want to make it, but I might be too pricey for them."

"Bad Boys II" is an awesome stupid movie. I've seen it like 7 times.

Yeah, Bad Boys 2 was probably the fastest 2 1/2 hour long movie ever. There was nothing boring in it, and the movie has the most over the top action you'll ever see. That movie is the example of the reputation Michael Bay has, of making movies that are loud, have guns shooting constantly, cars crashing, and shit blowing up all the time.

I'm not a huge car chase scene and Bad Boys 2 had frickin 3 of them...loooong scenes.

it also had rats fucking.

oh and Bay wasn't happy with Jordi Molla's character just getting shot and dying...no, he has to make his entire torso explode, leaving only his waste and legs after landing on a mine.

and WOO-SAH...fucking WOO-SAH.

Will "I'm never cussing on film again" Smith going absolutely over-the-top with the cussing. Not that I care about cussing, I just found it amusing....and annoying.

The first Bad Boys worked because Bay wasn't in full-on Bay mode yet...it was his first film. He was in full swing by Bad Boys 2 and all of his flaws as a director really shine here. It's ALMOST like he wanted to make sure his flaws were really shown.

Buffy Animated test reel gets "leaked" to Youtube:

Gotta admit, the girl doing Buffy's voice sounds pretty close to the real thing. Other than that, yes I would've watched this show and bought the DVDs. It's s shame that no one picked it up. It's pretty much guaranteed money.

I'm not a huge car chase scene and Bad Boys 2 had frickin 3 of them...loooong scenes.

it also had rats fucking.

oh and Bay wasn't happy with Jordi Molla's character just getting shot and dying...no, he has to make his entire torso explode, leaving only his waste and legs after landing on a mine.

and WOO-SAH...fucking WOO-SAH.

Will "I'm never cussing on film again" Smith going absolutely over-the-top with the cussing. Not that I care about cussing, I just found it amusing....and annoying.

The first Bad Boys worked because Bay wasn't in full-on Bay mode yet...it was his first film. He was in full swing by Bad Boys 2 and all of his flaws as a director really shine here. It's ALMOST like he wanted to make sure his flaws were really shown.

Yeah, Bad Boys 2 is pretty much the definition of overkill.

Just saw the trailer for Quarantine: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_picture...ntine/high.html

Looks like Zombies/Infected with a Cloverfield style of filming.

It's a remake of [rec] which was a really awesome movie. By the way, if you haven't seen the Quarantine trailer yet, avoid it. It gives away the ending.

I love Bad Boys 2 also, but my my favorite/most over the top action movie is still Shoot Em Up, and if that's slightly too tongue in cheek to count (like True Lies is definitely too tongue in cheek to count), then I stick with Last Boyscout.

You know what director I love that doesn't get talked about enough? Ken Russell. Come on, "The Devils", "Altered States", Tommy", "Lisztomania" and "Lair Of The White Worm" are all great movies. I am in awe of the man really.

Eddie Murphy is considering retiring from movies after Beverly Hills Cop 4 and going back to doing stand-up. Of course this was just in one of those "I'm gonna say whatever I fucking feel like saying" interviews after that Dave movie bombed. He expected it to be a Norbit like hit and was pretty down about it.

Eddie Murphy is considering retiring from movies after Beverly Hills Cop 4 and going back to doing stand-up. Of course this was just in one of those "I'm gonna say whatever I fucking feel like saying" interviews after that Dave movie bombed. He expected it to be a Norbit like hit and was pretty down about it.

Eddie just really needs to get away from the family movies and I think he'll be fine when it comes to movies. I'm really hoping Beverly Hills Cop 4 does really well and also isn't that family friendly.

Just saw the trailer for Quarantine: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_picture...ntine/high.html

Looks like Zombies/Infected with a Cloverfield style of filming.

It's a remake of [rec] which was a really awesome movie. By the way, if you haven't seen the Quarantine trailer yet, avoid it. It gives away the ending.

Ok. I just saw a trailer for [rec] and it looks infinitely better than Quarantine. Thanks for posting that! :)

Me and a buddy have agreed for the past few years now that Eddie Murphy needs to get the hell out of Hollywood, away from his mansion and team of yes-men, and hit the road for awhile doing standup so that he can get back in touch with reality. With Chappelle's Show (especially Rick James Bitch) still relatively recent in the audience's mind, I think having his brother Charlie open for him would attract a different demographic, people who've never seen Eddie Murphy: Raw and have no idea what a capable standup performer Eddie is.