TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

ECW Coming Back Full Time in Sept

http://www.theextremeicon.com/

May 3rd, 2006: Sandman signs with WWE!

Welcome to the only official homepage of the beer drinking, cigarette smoking, cane swinging, can smashing, ring-side tumbling, crazy son of a b*$#*. The one and only true hardcore icon: THE SANDMAN.

First off the Sandman wants you to know this is as much your site as it is his so have fun drink some beer and do whatever the heck you want. There will be official Sandman merchandise, including autographed Singapore canes and 8x10's and all kinds of other stuff so take your BUTT over there and check it out. Sandman will also from time to time come on and check out the forums. So don't make him mad or you may get a cane shot between the eyes.

News:

As most of you may know The Sandman will be at the 2nd annual One Night Stand. What you may not know is that later that week Sandman will be on here answering questions from YOU, the Sandman fans! As we get more info on the exact date and time we will pass it along to you. Also, be sure to check out the forums where you can talk about Sandman, wrestling or whatever you want. For you video game fans we will have a C.A.W. area to submit your best sandman or any other wrestlers you want to post. If you aren't sure who The Sandman is check out the biography section.

From PWI:

Since so many people have asked, here's a list of the current group of talent scheduled to be a part of the ECW project that WWE will debut next month. There will be changes and additions, for sure, but this is a pretty good list of who is signed now.

Bookers: Paul Heyman, Tommy Dreamer, possibly Smackdown's Ed Koskey part time

Announcers: Joey Styles, TBD

Expected by everyone to be the top star:

Rob Van Dam

Talent List:

The Sandman

Tommy Dreamer

Sabu

Al Snow

Axl Rotten

Balls Mahoney

Francine

Jazz

C. W. Anderson

Danny Doring

The FBI (expected to be Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke)

Part Time Talent (Individuals confirmed and rumored to make part time appearances for the brand):

Terry Funk

Masato Tanaka

Yoshihiro Tajiri

Mikey Whipwreck

Joel Gertner

Ring Announcer:

Steven DeAngelis

The First Non-ECW Talent to get a big push:

CM Punk

Possible Signings/Call ups:

Roadkill (In OVW)

Kid Kash (Possible Smackdown transfer)

Super Crazy (Possible Smackdown transfer)

Justin Credible (If the MTV group doesn't renew his contract)

Lance Storm (Has said he will possibly work selected dates, but not full time)

From PWI:

Since so many people have asked, here's a list of the current group of talent scheduled to be a part of the ECW project that WWE will debut next month. There will be changes and additions, for sure, but this is a pretty good list of who is signed now.

Rob Van Dam

Talent List:

The Sandman

Tommy Dreamer

Sabu

Al Snow

Axl Rotten

Balls Mahoney

Francine

Jazz

C. W. Anderson

Danny Doring

Part Time Talent (Individuals confirmed and rumored to make part time appearances for the brand):

Terry Funk

Masato Tanaka

Yoshihiro Tajiri

Mikey Whipwreck

Joel Gertner

Ring Announcer:

Steven DeAngelis

CM Punk

Roadkill (In OVW)

Pretty good start-up list.

I'd wish for a few guys to be transfered from Raw (and one Smackdown guy too)

Doug Basham

Danny Basham

Eugene

Johnny Parisi

Oh, and good to see Jazz hired for this. I kinda missed Jazz.

...not as much as I miss Molly, but still.

From WWE.com:

ECW signs several Superstars

As first reported by WWE’s new mobile alert system, ECW has signed the following:

Sabu

Jazz

Axl Rotten

Balls Mahoney

C.W. Anderson

From PWI:

Rob Van Dam

Talent List:

The Sandman

Tommy Dreamer

Sabu

Al Snow

Axl Rotten

Balls Mahoney

Francine

Jazz

C. W. Anderson

Danny Doring

Terry Funk

Masato Tanaka

Yoshihiro Tajiri

Mikey Whipwreck

Joel Gertner

Ring Announcer:

Steven DeAngelis

CM Punk

Roadkill (In OVW)

Joel Gertner needs to be Joey's co-annoucer plain and simple unless WWE can get Cyruss, but I think Cyruss is doing the teaching thing still and is done with wrestling at the moment. Oh and Joel needs to open the shows with his "poems". Oh the good laughs with those poems.

From PWI:

Rob Van Dam

Talent List:

The Sandman

Tommy Dreamer

Sabu

Al Snow

Axl Rotten

Balls Mahoney

Francine

Jazz

C. W. Anderson

Danny Doring

Terry Funk

Masato Tanaka

Yoshihiro Tajiri

Mikey Whipwreck

Joel Gertner

Ring Announcer:

Steven DeAngelis

CM Punk

Roadkill (In OVW)

Joel Gertner needs to be Joey's co-annoucer plain and simple unless WWE can get Cyruss, but I think Cyruss is doing the teaching thing still and is done with wrestling at the moment. Oh and Joel needs to open the shows with his "poems". Oh the good laughs with those poems.

Wouldn't it be incredible stupid to give Joey a co-announcer after he just did a big promo about not needing a co-announcer to "hold him back"?

From PWI:

Rob Van Dam

Talent List:

The Sandman

Tommy Dreamer

Sabu

Al Snow

Axl Rotten

Balls Mahoney

Francine

Jazz

C. W. Anderson

Danny Doring

Terry Funk

Masato Tanaka

Yoshihiro Tajiri

Mikey Whipwreck

Joel Gertner

Ring Announcer:

Steven DeAngelis

CM Punk

Roadkill (In OVW)

Wouldn't it be incredible stupid to give Joey a co-announcer after he just did a big promo about not needing a co-announcer to "hold him back"?

Its Joel F'n Gertner, who cares.

From PWI:

Rob Van Dam

Talent List:

The Sandman

Tommy Dreamer

Sabu

Al Snow

Axl Rotten

Balls Mahoney

Francine

Jazz

C. W. Anderson

Danny Doring

Terry Funk

Masato Tanaka

Yoshihiro Tajiri

Mikey Whipwreck

Joel Gertner

Ring Announcer:

Steven DeAngelis

CM Punk

Roadkill (In OVW)

I agree, which means they'll do it.

From PWI:

Rob Van Dam

Talent List:

The Sandman

Tommy Dreamer

Sabu

Al Snow

Axl Rotten

Balls Mahoney

Francine

Jazz

C. W. Anderson

Danny Doring

Terry Funk

Masato Tanaka

Yoshihiro Tajiri

Mikey Whipwreck

Joel Gertner

Ring Announcer:

Steven DeAngelis

CM Punk

Roadkill (In OVW)

Is there any possible way we could shorten this quote?

From PWI:

Rob Van Dam

Talent List:

The Sandman

Tommy Dreamer

Sabu

Al Snow

Axl Rotten

Balls Mahoney

Francine

Jazz

C. W. Anderson

Danny Doring

Terry Funk

Masato Tanaka

Yoshihiro Tajiri

Mikey Whipwreck

Joel Gertner

Ring Announcer:

Steven DeAngelis

CM Punk

Roadkill (In OVW)

Is there any possible way we could shorten this quote?

possibly

I haven't read through the other 7 pages of the thread, but has there been any word on the guys being allowed to exhibit the balls-out full-speed-ahead style of ECW, or will they be forced to work the WWE-style of Hardcore matches (cookie sheets and trashcans for everyone!)?

Well from the looks of things it looks like the new ECW will be like the Hardcore days of the Attitude WWF with lots of garbage wrestling because I doubt they'll be chokeslamming people through stacked tables or having scaffold matches.

Will RVD leave the Raw brand completley to wrestle in ECW full time? It would suck if the only way to see RVD would be on an internet show.

I always thought Balls Mahoney was underrated. Good garbage wrestler, and suprisingly capable with someone who can carry him in the ring.

I am suprised they are even advertising it as "ECW has signed...." I mean itsn't it supposed to be somewhat of a suprise that ECW is coming back, or was it advertised on WWE.com already? I mean I thought ECW coming back was going to be a direct result of ONS(in Kayfabe land)....so why are they already acting like ECW is open for business?

Hopefully the "ECW" return is successfull enough as to where eventually they get their day of tv tapings....maybe then they could get the smaller ring as well which is really better for that style of wrestling. Smaller ring, tighter ropes.

I always thought Balls Mahoney was underrated. Good garbage wrestler, and suprisingly capable with someone who can carry him in the ring.

"Good garbage wrestler"? That doesn't even make sense. Someone doesn't need to be talented to put on "garbage" matches. A performer without talent is hardly someone I would consider "good" or a "wrestler". So, Balls Mahoney is simply a person that brings that same type of talent to the table that any homeless guy on the street could. The new ECW would be better off without him.

"Good garbage wrestler"? That doesn't even make sense. Someone doesn't need to be talented to put on "garbage" matches. A performer without talent is hardly someone I would consider "good" or a "wrestler". So, Balls Mahoney is simply a person that brings that same type of talent to the table that any homeless guy on the street could. The new ECW would be better off without him.

While anyone can hit someone else with a chair or blade, it takes talent to put on a good 'garbage' style match. Like them or not, there is a psychology to garbage matches, as there is to any kind of wrestling match, and not just any 'homeless guy' could do it.

--Although the 6/7 USA Network special in Dayton is designed to get the ECW brand going, it is being advertised locally as a special Wednesday Night Raw, and all of the promotion is around the main Raw names like HHH, Edge, Cena, etc. appearing. There is a brief mention of ECW in the ad but it's buried.

Credit Da Meltz.

--Although the 6/7 USA Network special in Dayton is designed to get the ECW brand going, it is being advertised locally as a special Wednesday Night Raw, and all of the promotion is around the main Raw names like HHH, Edge, Cena, etc. appearing. There is a brief mention of ECW in the ad but it's buried.

Credit Da Meltz.

Should we take this as a good or bad sign?

On WOL tonight, Dave said that the plan was always for John Cena vs. Rob Van Dam, and while it's possible it could change, he doesn't think it likely. Also, Van Dam was never originally planned to go over. Dave says that WWE don't want Van Dam beating Cena, and he thinks the only way they can go is with some sort of disputed finish as a way to begin the revival of ECW.

I wouldn't mind the ending of the RVD/CENA match to have RVD hitting a Van-Daminator or a 5-Star Frog Splash, and go to cover....then the lights go off and when they come back on, someone is there to cost RVD the match, but I mean it better be someone good, and they better make it somewhat of a Suprise.

I wouldn't mind the ending of the RVD/CENA match to have RVD hitting a Van-Daminator or a 5-Star Frog Splash, and go to cover....then the lights go off and when they come back on, someone is there to cost RVD the match, but I mean it better be someone good, and they better make it somewhat of a Suprise.

CM Punk?

Jerry Lawler?

Sabu?

CM Punk?

Jerry Lawler?

Sabu?

It would need to be someone who hates ECW with a passion, that wouldn't be an WWE guy and would be a name.

CM Punk would be great because he would follow that up with a killer promo but the fans won't know who he is and the effect is lost.