TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
daileyxplanet

OAO Anime/Manga Thread

In the most recent episodes of Naruto, instead of that regular scenes behind the rolling credits, they seem to be showing clips from some Naruto movie, unless I tragically miss my guess. Anyone know what this is/ what its from?q

Its from the new naruto shippuuden movie.

so, this last episode of Shippuuden had me yelling and waving my arms like a mad person. This battle has turned Sakura into a real beeast, and the animation for it has been great! It's amost made the weekly wait for action worth it :)

It's about time too. I like the arc as much as anyone, but it seems like it's taken forever just getting to this point. Granted, it's not Namek or the Soul Society, and it makes Sakura not so worthless.

On the Shippuuden movie. It's already out, but if the last movie is any indication, subs won't be out until spring of next year.

Is "Tokko" any good? I've heard the animation is subpar, but that it's gory as hell, and some have told me that as a horror fan, it might be of interest.

It was well received, as far as I know. I didn't get the chance to watch it when it first came out, though, since I was too busy being a Higurashi/Haruhi fag. It's on my short list of things to watch since it's definitely bloody and gory. It's easily accessible, too, since it's currently on Sci-Fi alongside Noein. Speaking of, Noein is alright, and could be up your alley; not so much horror, more dystopic sci-fi.

I'll throw out a Kemonozume mention since I'm currently making my way through it. It's rather noir-ish and stylish as hell.

Higurashi. Have you checked that out yet? It's a little silly, but is basically a gory as fuck murder mystery.

Guest Tsukuyomi

Bumpage.

Yeah, Shippuuden is beyond slow, which is pretty disappointing. I'd really like to see a fast battle rather than one with endless talking, pausing, and waiting. Thankfully, though, the manga has just shot through the roof right now in quality, which is holding me over.

Question: Which Gundams are the good ones? I'm more of a 'realistic feel' type guy, so 8th MS is one of my favorites, but I'm looking through the others and I can't figure out which ones are good or bad or whatever from the wiki entries. Which one has the Gundam with the Chaingun in the forearm?

Bumpage.

Yeah, Shippuuden is beyond slow, which is pretty disappointing. I'd really like to see a fast battle rather than one with endless talking, pausing, and waiting. Thankfully, though, the manga has just shot through the roof right now in quality, which is holding me over.

Question: Which Gundams are the good ones? I'm more of a 'realistic feel' type guy, so 8th MS is one of my favorites, but I'm looking through the others and I can't figure out which ones are good or bad or whatever from the wiki entries. Which one has the Gundam with the Chaingun in the forearm?

Gundam Wing has Heavyarms which has a chain gun as the arm....it's okay for a first viewing..War in the Pocket also has a Gundam with a smaller gun that raises from the forearm..WITP is a good, quick, realistic OVA..nothing beats the MS Team though..you'll never find any Gundam series as good as that...

I hated Gundam Wing. I can't remember specifics, just that I disliked the characters so much as to put a damper on the whole thing. Gundam 00 just started, by the way.

Did any1 check Kenichi out yet?

I liked it. Silly in that Kenichi could train for a few months and beat his opponents, who've been fighting for years, but that's shounen for you. Currently hoping for a (better quality) sequel since the manga continues on from the final episode.

Guest Tsukuyomi

Oh, different one than Heavy Arms. I know Wing, and it was way, way too weird and preachy for me.

This one it pops out of the forearm/gauntlet area. I remember that it started on one of the Satellites and a sneak attack on a top-secret facility. It must be the War in the Pocket.

Oh, different one than Heavy Arms. I know Wing, and it was way, way too weird and preachy for me.

This one it pops out of the forearm/gauntlet area. I remember that it started on one of the Satellites and a sneak attack on a top-secret facility. It must be the War in the Pocket.

Aye, it's Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket. Also, Gundam 00 is great so far. A nice pickup from the shit-tastic Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny.

I can't lie, but I sorta really choked up after the last Shippuuden ep (31). God, it was really well done.. the music and the whole story just really pulled through. One of my favorite 'story' episodes for sure.

*prays*

It was probably the best moment of this arc, the Gaara/Deidara fight aside. It wasn't so different from the manga, but the pacing... my god... and I always hated Team Gai's non-involvement and their fight, but it was even worse in the anime. They shouldn't need filler for a while yet, at least.

Death Note premiered on [as] last night and it wasn't so bad. There's more to get to that could make or break the dub, but the first impression was good and it shouldn't take long to get into a groove.

I totally feel you with regards to Team Gai (I love Team Gai). Inconsistent animation aside, I really enjoyed this arc and am glad it's ending nicely.

Death Note dub whatnow?

Now we can start moving toward the better portions of Shippuuden and they'll hopefully put in the money and effort to match what's coming up.

Yes. English Death Note. It was announced while it was still running in Japan with the adult swim announcement coming last month. It premiered last night in place of Bleach.

I just finished watching Elfen Lied, and all i have to say is wow.

watching the new Gundam now and i think i might check out Ghost Hound and see what its all about. i need new anime to watch while im at work :-P

I really got caught off guard by the conclusion of School Days. It's suiting, but damn...

School Days. All I needed to wait for was the ending and I was satisfied. I'd have preferred Kotonoha jumping off the roof, but I guess (presumably) floating around aimlessly on her nice boat until death by malnutrition with Makoto's head to keep her company is bad enough. LOL worthy all in all. And the ending was supposed to be even worse in terms of gore.

watching the new Gundam now and i think i might check out Ghost Hound and see what its all about. i need new anime to watch while im at work :-P

Ghost Hound is so good. The atmosphere, the all star crew behind the scenes, Production IG's typically great effort. It looks like a winner.

Well, I'm going to give this thread a bump even though it's been 6 weeks since the last post.

Got the entire Full Metal Panic! series and I love it. Even Fumoffuu wasn't that bad, and had some outright hilarious moments. The Second Raid is also excellent, and doesn't waste time since it only went 13 episodes. I hope there's a third season sometime soon since I would love to see what they do with Leonard.

Also finished the School Rumble series and I'm pretty sure that Harima's one of my favorite anime characters ever, even though if I were him I would have forgotten about Tenma after a couple of episodes and chosen one of the other girls who were actually, you know, INTERESTED in me

probably Yakumo, even though Eri's got the money

. I've also never imagined what a J-Pop version of ska would sound like until I heard the first season's opening theme. Strange.

Going to start on Bleach! hopefully in the next couple of days. Going to see what all the fuss is about.

Finally, Appleseed is getting a sequel next year. Appleseed: Ex Machina is slated for a March 11th DVD release. I'm pumped, since I loved the art style of the first one (the 2004 version, not the original I mean). Plus, it's got John Woo as exec. producer so here's to lots of slow-mo shots of doves flying and Briareos going dual guns on everyone.

I really got caught off guard by the conclusion of School Days. It's suiting, but damn...

School Days. All I needed to wait for was the ending and I was satisfied. I'd have preferred Kotonoha jumping off the roof, but I guess (presumably) floating around aimlessly on her nice boat until death by malnutrition with Makoto's head to keep her company is bad enough. LOL worthy all in all. And the ending was supposed to be even worse in terms of gore.

I just looked this up on wikipedia. It sounds like one hell of a fucked up, depressing teen soap opera.

Going to start on Bleach! hopefully in the next couple of days. Going to see what all the fuss is about.

Gotta say - I really dig Bleach. I didn't think I would, but it had me hooked instantly! I can't wait for the second season boxed set - whenever it comes out.

Yeah, I don't think anyone actually likes School Days or thinks it's good. The main draw is in the LOL worthy romantic drama and bad endings. If it's about drama, depression and gore, Higurashi is far preferable, though arguably cheesy and somewhat inconsistent.

Got the entire Full Metal Panic! series and I love it. Even Fumoffu wasn't that bad, and had some outright hilarious moments. The Second Raid is also excellent, and doesn't waste time since it only went 13 episodes. I hope there's a third season sometime soon since I would love to see what they do with Leonard.

While not as preferable due to its light-hearted tone, Fumoffu did end up being maybe the best comedy series out there. Like Fumoffu, Raid nails everything there is to it, but is quite a dark contrast. Some great pacing, like you mentioned, and among other things about it, Sagara's descent is as good as any.

I'm assuming we'll get more after the Haruhi sequel, but nothing is certain. Especially with Lucky Star coming out of nowhere and Clannad following after, which only ended up pushing FMP back and could always happen again. At least there's only one more Key novel waiting for an adaptation.

Good job on your selection.

Also finished the School Rumble series and I'm pretty sure that Harima's one of my favorite anime characters ever, even though if I were him I would have forgotten about Tenma after a couple of episodes and chosen one of the other girls who were actually, you know, INTERESTED in me probably Yakumo, even though Eri's got the money. I've also never imagined what a J-Pop version of ska would sound like until I heard the first season's opening theme. Strange.

It's funny, but both Tenma and Harima are so dumb that SR wears thin after a while. Since the translations have been on hold I have no idea where the manga is going and I wish I did since there was some actual progress the last I checked.

I know I gave it praise as one of the best of its type, but I should take it back. The only thing is really, honestly has on anyone is style. It's really good for a while and is something different, then it descends into DBZ quality shonen hell. For my money two of the best recent action shows are Tokyo Majin and Busou Renkin, the latter of which being a complete throwback which shows that you can actually fit one of these shows into 26 episodes and do it well.

This is an excuse to say that Code Geass is coming to Adult Swim in the future, so I'm looking forward to that. Looking to pick up Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou and Gurren Lagann whenever that comes out. The GL subtitles are as I remember, I'm hopeful the dub will be adequate, but they really need to change that one line in the first episode back to what it was in the fansubs and do it justice.

I just looked this up on wikipedia. It sounds like one hell of a fucked up, depressing teen soap opera.

No shit. I just wiki'd it myself and I don't think I'll be checking this one out. Teen pregnancy, insanity, and murder all in one neat package. Sounds depressing as hell, and the game based on it isn't much better.

So I'm about 70 episodes into Bleach and while I like it, does every damn character need an episode (at least) devoted to him/herself? The whole Soul Society arc could have been cut by at least a third. Now I realize they needed to pad it out some, but Jesus, we can have more than one action scene per episode. Hopefully this new arc with the Bounts picks up the pace a little.

Also, since I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, anyone heard about the Dragon Ball Z live action movie? I figure the last fight scene in Matrix Revolutions shows that the over the top fights can be done, and James Wong has some experience with the sci-fi kung fu genre ("The One"). The cast doesn't seem too bad either with Chow Yun-Fat as Roshi, Emily Rossum as Bulma, and James Marsters as Piccolo.

Also, since I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, anyone heard about the Dragon Ball Z live action movie? I figure the last fight scene in Matrix Revolutions shows that the over the top fights can be done, and James Wong has some experience with the sci-fi kung fu genre ("The One"). The cast doesn't seem too bad either with Chow Yun-Fat as Roshi, Emily Rossum as Bulma, and James Marsters as Piccolo.

::quick glance on IMDB::

Holy shit, you're right. It's probably gonna be a shitty movie, Wong has never done anything great and the screenplay is cowritten by the guy who wrote The Big Hit. But I'm still gonna watch it. Just the very idea of seeing Spike dressed up as Piccolo is enough for me.

I read through the past couple pages of this thread, and man my eyes glazed over pretty heavily. I watch a little anime here and there, but I've never even heard of 90% of this stuff. I guess I'll just go back to my Cowboy Bebop and Vampire Hunter D and leave you guys to your more obscure pursuits.

Actually, come to think of it, anyone else like Paranoia Agent? It's such a weird and creepy little show that I greatly enjoyed it, but I've never ran into another fan or seen anyone discussing it.