TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

NCAA Football 07

OK, I've got the PS2 version and I'm annoyed as hell by this "third person camera" on the kick and punt returns. First, why do they call this the "third person" view? EVERY camera angle is third person. It's like the early '90s WWE title belt being called the "winged eagle" version. Um, how many wingless eagles have you seen lately?

Anyway, this camera is awful. I can't see around my kick returner because he takes up a third of the screen and you have no depth perception about how close defenders are as you are waiting for the punt to come down.

I know this doesn't apply to two-player games, as you have two players sharing the same screen. But, as someone who spends the majority of his time playing 1-player games, I would GREATLY GREATLY appreciate it if someone could clue me in on a way to get rid of this. I've tried changing the camera angles, and I'm just not seeing a way to do it. I'd love to be wrong here.

There's no way to change it, and I've tried. It would be better if you were able to have a better view of what's around you, especially on punt returns when it's inside the 10, because you don't know if it is.

Seeing how I recently bought an HD television, I thought the whole widescreen option on NCAA '07 would be nice. True, it was better than the traditional 4x3, as you can see more of the field, but I still thought the picture quality was shitty and all the writing on the screen was especially hard to read.

... Until I bought a set of component cables today. Oh. My. Lord.

Seeing how the PS2 came out long before HD, it didn't even occur to me that something like that would even be made. A friend mentioned it to me yesterday, I went out and bought the set of cables today and I'm blown away.

I'm probably way behind the times on this, but if you have a PS2 and an HD TV and you don't have the component cables for your PS2, go get them NOW.

I can't get over how much better this game looks.

Seeing how I recently bought an HD television, I thought the whole widescreen option on NCAA '07 would be nice. True, it was better than the traditional 4x3, as you can see more of the field, but I still thought the picture quality was shitty and all the writing on the screen was especially hard to read.

... Until I bought a set of component cables today. Oh. My. Lord.

Seeing how the PS2 came out long before HD, it didn't even occur to me that something like that would even be made. A friend mentioned it to me yesterday, I went out and bought the set of cables today and I'm blown away.

I'm probably way behind the times on this, but if you have a PS2 and an HD TV and you don't have the component cables for your PS2, go get them NOW.

I can't get over how much better this game looks.

You shouldn't even by attempting to run HD with out at least component cables. HDMI is the best way to go. I think NCAA on PS2 only does 480p though(I could be wrong), which isn't true HD anyways.

Guest Princess Leena

Very true.

Plus, even if you don't have HD, like me... get component cables. The picture looks so much better.

I've got an HDMI cable running from my cable box, and that's working at 1080i. Looks phenomenal.

Like I was saying, I didn't even know these upgrades were available to go with a PS2. I mean, my system is like 5 years old. Do they even make an HDMI cable that works with a PS2? I know HDMI is the way to go, but even the component cable has been a huge upgrade over what I had.

Guest Princess Leena
Do they even make an HDMI cable that works with a PS2?

I'm pretty sure there isn't.

Since there isn't any for XBox.

Is anyone else having huge fumbling problems? In my last two games in my Florida dynasty I've had a total of ten fumbles, 7 of them lost. Very annoying.

Also, the PS2 Rosters are up.

Quick question.. Does anyone have any idea where I can find either a Sharkport or Max Drive?

Guest Princess Leena

I also have the fumbling issue. Especially on punt returns... and with that damn "3rd person" camera you can't turn off... I just fair catch everytime and don't bother anymore.

I have yet to time more than 1 jump in a game. I just can't do it. But the computer does it atleast 7 times and always gets a big play out of me.

Horseshit.

Guest Princess Leena

My created Alaska-Anchorage Seapups had an exciting 25-24 win today over Maine. Good stuff between two completely inept teams.

Guest Princess Leena

Oh boo, I lost 54-7 to Delaware St.

They've certainly made the game harder this year.

And it's much much better. Dropped balls aren't causing broke controllers.

In Year 1 with Rutgers, I go 11-2, beat West Virginia on the road in the last week of the regular season to win the Big East conference, and then beat Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl in OT, and my prestige goes from ** to ***.

I lost like half of my team to graduation, and now with shitty prestige I was only able to get 9 new players in the off season and the rest of the roster was filled in with walkons, so I basically have to start all over again in year 2.

Overall, though, great game. It's a blast to play solo or against a friend.

Guest Princess Leena

I'm 1-3 so far with my created Alaska-Anchorage team. :(

I decided to start on All-American, and I'm getting my ass kicked hard. But, losing is fun.

And this game is HUGE improvement on the 2005 and 2006 versions. Both the passing and running game is fair. Having a blast.

In Year 1 with Rutgers, I go 11-2, beat West Virginia on the road in the last week of the regular season to win the Big East conference, and then beat Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl in OT, and my prestige goes from ** to ***.

I lost like half of my team to graduation, and now with shitty prestige I was only able to get 9 new players in the off season and the rest of the roster was filled in with walkons, so I basically have to start all over again in year 2.

Overall, though, great game. It's a blast to play solo or against a friend.

That happened to me with last year's San Jose State team. Team sucked so hard I could only win 2 or 3 games, then I graduate like 20 guys. No one wanted to come in, and I ended up with a bunch of scrubs.

That was a very short dynasty that felt like a very long one.

Since I'm back, might as well make up for lost time.

Got the game and created an ACC team named the Toroto Blue Raiders... Before I continue, yes my naming of teams sucks. Shoot me. And yes, with the lame name comes the lamest jerseys ever. I strive hard to make the worst the best.

Anyways, I managed to go 13-0, beating up on only 2 ranked teams, and my opponents having a record that was like .400. I'm the only undefeated team in the NCAA. I have the Heisman Trophy winner of a WR who had over 3000 yards receiving and when the season is over likely 5000 yards all-purpose (because he's also my return man). He almost had all the first place votes locked up for a stunningly strong win.

You would think that I get a National Title game, right? Of course not. I get jobbed out to #7 overall and face PITT in the Orange Bowl.

Stupid BCS.

Guest Princess Leena

1-4 now after painfully blowing a 21-0 lead at Princeton. Lost 58-31. :( My defense can't stop a fly.

That happened to me with last year's San Jose State team. Team sucked so hard I could only win 2 or 3 games, then I graduate like 20 guys. No one wanted to come in, and I ended up with a bunch of scrubs.

That was a very short dynasty that felt like a very long one.

Awww, that's fun, though.

Although, if you're in a conference like SJSU is, I can see how it would feel like you'd never improve.

Whereas my created team is an independent, and I can play fellow cupcakes.

Guest Princess Leena
You would think that I get a National Title game, right? Of course not. I get jobbed out to #7 overall and face PITT in the Orange Bowl.

Stupid BCS.

It seems as if EA has finally made the rankings more realistic... as in my simmed season, it's very hard to move up the rankings with Temple beating scrubs.

Am I really going to have to start this game on Varsity? I tried a game with UTEP against UCLA last night (on All-American) just to get the hang of it before I started a dynasty, and I quit down 45-0 in the 3rd quarter.

I haven't had the game for a couple years now (decided to get Madden instead last year for god knows what reason), but trying the old one a few weeks ago, I still managed to pick up a win on Heisman. I can't believe that the series has really gotten that much more difficult in such a short time.

I guess I'll try one more practice game where I have a mismatch in my favor, and if I still lose handily, I'll just have to swallow my pride and play a season on Varsity.

Disregard my last post. Took Montana against Princeton (D+ against D-), and I quit up 41-0 at the half. Now I'm worried that All-American might be too easy if I take a good team. (Louisville probably wouldn't work there for instance and I was thinking about doing a dynasty with them.)

With Rutgers in Year 2, I'm 5-1 and finally cracked the national rankings at #25 here in Week 8. My home crowds have been getting decent lately, with roars around 45 dB, about double what it was in the first season. Opposing QBs are actually having trouble with it, which is a plus.

I have 3 blue chip prospects coming for their official visits in Week 9, and hopefully they all commit as I desperately will need them for year 3, at C, RT, and WR.

My RB Raymell Rice is leading the nation in rushing and TD's, and is the leading Heisman candidate. He makes up like 185% of my offensive gameplan, and averages over 200 yards a game. My QB is a true freshman who is purely a damage control player in his first season. He's a nice option QB with a speed rating of 76, and works great with Rice. His arm isn't terrific, but he gets the job done. He only has 7 TDs, but I don't throw all that much, and when I do, it's not in the red zone.

My backup QB is very fast, and as a junior, rarely sees the field. Hopefully over the off season I can convert him into a WR/DB/KR. (By the way, anyone know how to actually do this?)

Guest Princess Leena
Disregard my last post. Took Montana against Princeton (D+ against D-), and I quit up 41-0 at the half. Now I'm worried that All-American might be too easy if I take a good team. (Louisville probably wouldn't work there for instance and I was thinking about doing a dynasty with them.)

All-American would be too easy. Especially the running game. But, take in mind that Princeton is really bad in this game.

Well, I just started my Year 2 and did a good job in the recruiting process (23rd out of 119). Got the players I needed for the most part and converted players to other positions to cover what I didn't have.

Although, I lost like 7 of my starters because of graduation, and then 6 wanted to ditch for the pro draft. I only managed to convince 1 of the 6 to return, but man I lost some great players. Wonder where they are gonna land in the draft.

I'm somehow ranked #1 overall for the upcoming season, so I booked any tough teams I could manage for my open weeks and landed Ohio State (#3) and Penn State (#2) and with a schedule of A+ I should be assured of getting to the big game.

Well, after much deliberation, I finally decided to start my dynasty with Louisville on Heisman since the schedule is backloaded with the tougher teams, and I figured I might be able to coast by on talent until I get used to things.

So far, it's looking pretty shaky though as I lost my opener to Kentucky, 31-14. I actually had the lead 14-7 with under a minute left in the 3rd, so I'm not getting dominated or anything, but I have the feeling it's going to be a disappointing season and a quick firing by year two or three. I can't even imagine how ugly the Miami game's going to be.

Guest Princess Leena

Flik, what level did you start as with your created team? Like there's cupcake, middle of the road, juggernaut, etc...