TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Tino Standard

The OAO Raw Thread 5/1/06

I'm all for the Haas-Benjamin program, but when are we going to find out why Haas hates Benjamin? What made him randomly decide to interfere in last night's match?

If it were up to me, I would have brought Haas in as a tweener, tagging with Benjamin for a few weeks. Let's say the week before Backlash, Haas & Benjamin fought RVD & someone else in a tag match. Doesn't matter who won, but post-match, Shelton snaps and beats down RVD with a chair, with Haas looking on. He's ready to finish him off with something severe, like a Pillmanizer, but Haas interferes and stops it, showing compassion. Shelton, after first being pissed, "calms down" and then attacks Haas with the chair when his guard down. And there's your feud, that doesn't even need the IC title to have purpose.

Yeah, I thought of that, but jealousy seems fit for the heel, not the face. Haas doesn't look very bitter based on the past few weeks.

I still don't see the fuss in Carlito. Average mic skills, and he's decent in the ring at best, though he impressed the hell out of me in his tournament match with RVD when he used the springboard corkscrew death. If he truly is capable of more in the ring than what he's showing off, I would love to see it, and my opinion of him would probably change. He has the look of a heel, and IMO should've stayed one, mainly because he LOOKS like he would be a complete asshole.

I never really cared for Carlito much, but guy's hella over... and if they just don't fuck with his character (it seems like they won't for a while...) they could have another Cena on their hands... He's really starting to catch on with most of the crowd.

People who have seen his work outside of WWE say that he's a good spot monkey, he just had to tone it down for his heel act. We'll see him bust out more spots now that he's face.

I've also learned that if you don't have much charisma, just grow a beard and try your best to make the Benoit intense face... it's what Charlie Haas and Gunner Scott are doing right now. Seems to be working.

Wow, this week's Raw actually felt like it was thought out beforehand. For the first time in a long time I'm particularly looking forward to next week.

On the raw results page, the last line of the paragraph on Joey's promo states, "and who will be announcing raw next week?" If

im ross

returns, won't that make Joey a heel, and won't that guy be forced to put over how disrespectful Joey was? Joey's already a face in the eyes of the fans (because he's an ECW alum and his promo was sort of rebelous). So if this in part leads to the ECW angle, how do they book Joey and the rest of ECW? Faces or heels?

On the raw results page, the last line of the paragraph on Joey's promo states, "and who will be announcing raw next week?" If

im ross

returns, won't that make Joey a heel, and won't that guy be forced to put over how disrespectful Joey was? Joey's already a face in the eyes of the fans (because he's an ECW alum and his promo was sort of rebelous). So if this in part leads to the ECW angle, how do they book Joey and the rest of ECW? Faces or heels?

The idea was more Joey asking why he was told to go out and act like the guy they fired. If anything, Ross will simply have to spout out some stupid company line about being a "storyteller", and knowing JR, it'll get played off like "I am an emotional person in this booth and sometimes those emotions get the better of me and blah blah blah".

And how will they be booked? That doesn't matter, it's almost too obvious the fans will cheer ECW over anything else just because. Hell, probably the only time the ECW name has been booed for the last 8 years was when Stephanie was named "president". It's going to be more about tradition vs. revolution than face vs. heel.

WWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW.....

Big news from wwe.com..

First...

If you watched RAW Monday night, you got quite a show from the announcers. But amidst all the controversy with Joey Styles, the one thing everyone seems to have glossed over is that Jonathan Coachman was nowhere to be found.

So where was Coach? Well, no one’s seen or heard from him in almost two weeks, since he stormed out of RAW in London after being assaulted by Viscera. If you noticed Coach was missing from RAW, well, it wasn’t a vacation; he was a complete no-show. No one, from Mr. McMahon on down, has any idea where Coach is. In fact, his family hasn’t heard from him, nor have any of his friends.

Because of his recent disappearance, Coach will NOT be in the broadcast booth for this week’s edition of WWE.com HEAT. The WWE Television Production brass had no other choice, and has announced that Todd Grisham will be flying solo this week on HEAT whether Coach surfaces or not.

While it will be Grisham’s first shot at tackling a show by himself, it won’t be the first time an announcer has done a show on his own. Former RAW lead announcer Joey Styles did commentary for hundreds of ECW shows on his own, and if you want to count it, there has been the occasional segment on RAW or SmackDown in the past where one member of the team had to take care of business by themselves.

Even though he’s not exactly a pioneer, Grisham was excited about it when I talked to him about it today. “I’m excited about it, even though it’s uncharted territory for me,” he told me. “I’m just glad the company has enough faith in me to give me this opportunity and I’ll do my best.”

Regardless of the opportunity he’s been presented, even Grisham is worried about Coach. “When you ask me where he is, normally I’d say check the nearest gentlemen’s club,” he joked, “but seriously, I don’t know. We’re actually friends, believe it or not, and I usually talk to him once a day. But, I haven’t seen or heard from him either.”

and then they finally announced JR as the lead announcer for Raw again...

It’s been one hell of a week for Jim Ross. When the week started, J.R. was sitting at home waiting for his next “special assignment” from the WWE. Things quickly changed though, because on Wednesday, J.R. received the news that he will be returning to the RAW announcing team. In addition to returning to RAW, this Friday will kick off a series of events in J.R.’s hometown of Westville, Okla. to honor him.

It's crazy......

If Coach is going to be the color commentator with Styles, ECW really is doomed to failure. Well, it probrably will be, but this will speed up the process.

I still say Coach's disappearance was more so Styles could attack Lawler rather than Coach.

You can believe that Lawler was being kinda playful and Joey just went off, so Lawler socked him. With Coach, I wouldn't buy "playful" and I wouldn't buy him punching Joey either, regardless of how big or small of a guy Joey is.

I thought Coach was taking another commentary job, something like college basketball?

Really??? Where did you hear that?

he broadcasts college sports on CSTV when he isnt on Raw and he gets heat for it

I thought Coach was taking another commentary job, something like college basketball?

Really??? Where did you hear that?

he broadcasts college sports on CSTV when he isnt on Raw and he gets heat for it

Really?? I've heard of CSTV.. What is it... College Sports TV???????