TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2006: Conference Semifinals

First round would have been the same, except with the Grizz advancing instead of the Clippers. I have to believe both second-round series would be squashes, too. That leads to the Spurs/Mavs series that we have right now.

Suns OWN the Mavs

Suns will beat the Mavs if they meet in the playoffs

Guest Vitamin X
He didn't step out of bounds. They showed the replay from a different angle on the halftime show.

Oh, and stfu, VX

... oh, sorry didn't mean to bring back old memories.

2 Mavericks

7 Lakers

This would have been lovely. The Mavs would have been an excellent matchup for the Lakers, definitely moreso than Phoenix. LA had won the season series 3-1 this year.

How amazing would it be if San Antonio and Detroit both lost in the second round? I still think both will win, though I'm hoping Dallas knocks the Spurs out, but I'd like to be able to watch the NBA Finals this year and that won't happen if it's a repeat of last year.

Guest Smues
How amazing would it be if San Antonio and Detroit both lost in the second round? I still think both will win, though I'm hoping Dallas knocks the Spurs out, but I'd like to be able to watch the NBA Finals this year and that won't happen if it's a repeat of last year.

It'd be quite amazing. There's been what? 6 different teams to win the championship in the last 22 years? None of those six being one of the last four teams left would just feel odd.

It'd be quite amazing. There's been what? 6 different teams to win the championship in the last 22 years? None of those six being one of the last four teams left would just feel odd.

Also, none of the remaining 4 teams would have won a NBA championship before as well.

Wow, this is a great game. I have to say, Duncan in the post scared me a lot more than Parker at the top of the key would have, but now that they're in OT, I really think Dallas gets the job done.

That was one cheap ass foul call on Bowen there at the end of regulation.

Devin Harris just coughed up the ball on consecutive fast breaks.

Guest Smues

Real sloppy play by Dallas there with basically the same turnover twice in like 10 seconds.

How was that not a foul on Duncan? More importantly why would Diop foul there? The Mavs are almost trying to keep the Spurs in this game. If they don't close it out in OT this one is a wrap since no one can guard Tim.

Wow, I am officially on the Jason Terry bandwagon after that shot. Up until this point, I always thought of him as a decent placeholder until Harris matured, but I changed my mind right now. He's a hell of a basketball player.

It sucks to be Mr. Eva Longoria right now, and I'm glad because I can't stand that cocky motherfucker.

Guest Smues

I didn't think that shot by Terry was going to touch the rim much less go in. Wow. And Stackhouse manages to drain a good chunk of the clock before getting fouled.

Guest Smues

That was.....odd. 5 point lead with what was it? 25 seconds and no one got fouled?

Bowen was so concerned with not fouling out that he cost them any chance at coming back. So not only is he selfish, but Pops proves why he's an overrated coach who only gets anywhere because he's had Robinson and/or Duncan on his teams. A strictly bush league finish by the Spurs who are lucky they weren't swept in this series. Hopefully the Mavs don't channel the Lakers and eventually close this shit out in Game 6.

THE DALLAS MAVERICKS ARE GOING TO THE NBA FINALS!!!!

HOLLA!!!

Honestly, there's no way they lose now. You can take it to the bank.

Haha... someone was holding up a blown up black and white Eva Longoria photo when Parker was shooting free throws.

I saw that. That was great. You know that guy's going to be telling all his buddies that he single-handedly won the games for the Mavs by making Parker miss those two free throws.