TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

The OAO RAW Thread 8/5/2006

PEOPLE, nothing you have seen on RAW the past few weeks has been a "shoot." Joey Styles' comments weren't a shoot and Rob Van Dam's comments weren't a shoot. Do some of you guys even know what a "shoot" is?

Everyone knows what it is, they just happen so infrequently these days that people get excited at the potential of it.... that'd be my guess anyway.

Infrequently? Everything is a worked shoot in WWE these days. Watch any Edge or HHH promo.

I meant a REAL shoot, not a worked shoot.

I don't see why they would have given the title to RVD in the first place if they are just going to have him job it to someone else right away. Is he just a transitional champ to Masters?

Well, Masters and Carlito need something to fued over, after all.

I see someone subscribes to the Vince Russo method of booking.

PEOPLE, nothing you have seen on RAW the past few weeks has been a "shoot." Joey Styles' comments weren't a shoot and Rob Van Dam's comments weren't a shoot. Do some of you guys even know what a "shoot" is?

bang2sw.jpg

Guest InuYasha

I don't see why they would have given the title to RVD in the first place if they are just going to have him job it to someone else right away. Is he just a transitional champ to Masters?

Do you honestly think the current WWE writers can do any better?

If they do, I'll mail you $5.

No shit...

If anything, it was a worked shoot.

Anaheim is to LA as NORTH New Jersey is to New York....

Edited for accuracy.

Yeah they both have the Jan Brady self-esteem issues.

No shit...

If anything, it was a worked shoot.

If it is a worked shoot, then it isn't a shoot. In a shoot interview, nothing is off limits and the guy can say whatever he wants. In a worked shoot, the guy is told what he can't say. Which pretty much makes it a work anyway.

Guest InuYasha

That was unexpected, in that we haven't seen a top-rope sunset flip in a while.

Probably could. Russo had very little to do with the success of 1997-1999, despite how much he desperately puts himself over and we learned over the next 18 months that Russo wasn't a creative genius afterall. Russo, also had a field of writers and bookers that pushed the creative buttons as they were TRYING to be fresh and innovative.

If the current crop were given the okay to have the same freedom, they could easily book better then they are currently.

Guest InuYasha

Probably could. Russo had very little to do with the success of 1997-1999, despite how much he desperately puts himself over and we learned over the next 18 months that Russo wasn't a creative genius afterall. Russo, also had a field of writers and bookers that pushed the creative buttons as they were TRYING to be fresh and innovative.

If the current crop were given the okay to have the same freedom, they could easily book better then they are currently.

Under Stephanie? Fat chance, my friend.