TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

The OAO RAW Thread 8/5/2006

...cause, ya know, if any place is a nostalgia hotbed of Extreme Championship Wrestling, it's Anaheim

That would be like WWE bringing back WCW in Madison Square Garden...wait, I guess that already happened.

Who has held the IC title the most times?

Chris Jericho at Seven.

Thanks. I guess just one more and RVD will have time tied.

Who has held the IC title the most times?

Jericho, with them counting him beating Chyna at Armageddon 1999, the co-intercontinetal reign, and becoming undisputed champ at Rumble 2000 as three different wins.

Guest InuYasha

So, was that a shoot, or a work, with RVD trying to work up interest for ONSII?

It wasn't anything remotely close to a shoot, or even a worked shoot. Shoots don't happen in WWE.

Agreed. The only shoots that happen in the WWE are Vince shooting on Ted Turner, even though it ended almost 5 years ago.

...cause, ya know, if any place is a nostalgia hotbed of Extreme Championship Wrestling, it's Anaheim

That would be like WWE bringing back WCW in Madison Square Garden...wait, I guess that already happened.

The infamous RAW IS WCW show took place in Tacoma. That was a brain dead move right there.

Great way to half ass a storyline WWE this ECW rebellion should of been done somewhere East like NY, PA, MA, or FL.

Well Heatwave in Los Angeles hot a crowd that was insane. Anaheim is just down the block.

PEOPLE, nothing you have seen on RAW the past few weeks has been a "shoot." Joey Styles' comments weren't a shoot and Rob Van Dam's comments weren't a shoot. Do some of you guys even know what a "shoot" is?

Great way to half ass a storyline WWE this ECW rebellion should of been done somewhere East like NY, PA, MA, or FL.

Well Heatwave in Los Angeles hot a crowd that was insane. Anaheim is just down the block.

No, the real problem is that Anaheim is one of the worse crowds WWE runs.

The infamous RAW IS WCW show took place in Tacoma. That was a brain dead move right there.

I was talking about the show where the initial invasion occurred. Booker T showed up out of the crowd and attacked Vince McMahon. Although that RAW IS WCW may have been one of the saddest moments I have ever seen on RAW.

Guest InuYasha

Worse than the Goldberg/Lesnar/Austin match at WMXX?

So does RVD drop the title here? I mean it kind of makes sense that he doesn't go into ONS as I-C Champ, I just don't him losing the strap in some lame fashion that makes him look weak.

PEOPLE, nothing you have seen on RAW the past few weeks has been a "shoot." Joey Styles' comments weren't a shoot and Rob Van Dam's comments weren't a shoot. Do some of you guys even know what a "shoot" is?

Everyone knows what it is, they just happen so infrequently these days that people get excited at the potential of it.... that'd be my guess anyway.

Worse than the Goldberg/Lesnar/Austin match at WMXX?

Those are two totally different things. Anaheim is a bad crowd because they give zero heat and offer nothing. MSG is a legendary GOOD crowd as they have some of the best heat.

So does RVD drop the title here? I mean it kind of makes sense that he doesn't go into ONS as I-C Champ, I just don't him losing the strap in some lame fashion that makes him look weak.

If he were to lose, I'd like to see him go crazy after the match. Hit the Van Daminator and the Van Terminator, get EXTREME!!

I think people are just exaggerating or "living in the moment" of seeing something actually somewhat exciting on RAW. No one actually thinks they are legit shoots, at least I hope not.

Guest InuYasha

Everyone knows what it is, they just happen so infrequently these days that people get excited at the potential of it.... that'd be my guess anyway.

Yeah, like a new Tom Cruise movie that doesn't suck. :asshole2:

I don't see why they would have given the title to RVD in the first place if they are just going to have him job it to someone else right away. Is he just a transitional champ to Masters?

Infrequently? Everything is a worked shoot in WWE these days. Watch any Edge or HHH promo.

Guest InuYasha
I don't see why they would have given the title to RVD in the first place if they are just going to have him job it to someone else right away. Is he just a transitional champ to Masters?

Well, Masters and Carlito need something to fued over, after all.