TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

2006 Fall Line-Up Thread...

A) Bones getting stuck on Friday the 2nd half of the year will kill it so I hope they can find a way to leave it on Wednesday.

B) Prison Break + 24 = awesome, but I knew they wouldn't find a way to do it again next season.

C) I might be interested in Vanished but I doubt it. Standoff..no..Justice..no..

and apparently the scripts for the first 4 episodes of 24 for next year are already written..hmm.

Placing it on Friday for second half, probably was just in case one of those new shows do succeed. If one of them tanks (or the two comedies), that's probably where Bones will end up.

Remember what I was saying about The OC? Tonight, should have been the SERIES finale. It would have been the perfect ending. It wrapped up the entire story and came so full circle.

Alas, they will drag another season through the mud.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Next season WILL BE the last season.

Regardless of what people say, the show isn't the same without ________ (As if you don't know who it is already) Too big a character for such a change.

Of course it'll be, Like you said...the show won't work anymore. That is why tonight should have been the final episode of the O.C. It was perfect way to close the show out. I mean, playing Hallelujah at the end was the obvious but right way to go.

It'll completely struggle now because that was a crucial aspect of the show's success. No one likes moody OC, now we got at least 1/4 of a season flooded with moody depression OC.

and apparently the scripts for the first 4 episodes of 24 for next year are already written..hmm.

All of them? Like every episode? I don't believe it.

Regardless of what people say, the show isn't the same without ________ (As if you don't know who it is already) Too big a character for such a change.

Who?

Are they going to have brand new characters and what not?

Who?

Are they going to have brand new characters and what not?

Marissa. She died in a car accident with Ryan. Marissa was leaving Newport to live with her father in Hawaii. After the gang said goodbye at the old model home where Ryan and Marissa first bonded, Ryan was taking Marissa to the airport. Volcheck, Marissa's ex boyfriend was drunk and followed them and tried to get Ryan to pull over and Ryan wrecked and they went off the road and flipped over.

They faded out with Ryan dragging Marissa out of the car, they fade back to the final scene of the first season with Ryan looking out the car seeing Marissa standing on the driveway. They play Hallelujah, which was obviously their "song" as every significant event between them is soundtracked by that song. Marissa, dies. They confirmed it in the "next season...".

They pretty much said that next season will revolve around Kaitlin, as they appear to be fading the main cast out.

Every show uses Hallelujah. That song is getting played

True, but the song always had a meaning in The OC world. They established the importance of that song in the second episode. When it's played, its for a reason and not because producers were lazy and went with the overdone song.

Every teen tv show has that one actor who breaks away from the show and has modest success.

DC had Katie Holmes for awhile but then Michelle Williams kind of took over that. 90210, Shannon Doherty and Luke Perry didn't fade away like the rest of the cast did. I'm sure someone on OC will have a modest post OC carrer. It won't be Barton though.

why is the show continuing? this is bullshit.. this season was pretty blah, and now we have to keep it going? How the hell do they plan on continuing?

why is the show continuing? this is bullshit.. this season was pretty blah, and now we have to keep it going? How the hell do they plan on continuing?

From what the EP of the show said, they intended to do a spin-off with Kaitlin's character. They planted the seeds tonight when Kaitlin made her intentions clear about her moving back to Newport. It's supposed to be a TV version of Mean Girls or whatever but obviously with more drugs, violence and sex.

I guess they couldn't do a direct spin off, so they had to keep the OC name and the principle characters like The Cohens and Julie Cooper. My guess is that Ryan, Seth and Summer make cameos once the show shifts to Kaitlin.

It'll be a complete revamp with the changes.

Bleh, at this point...

One Tree Hill > The OC, anyway.

Bleh, at this point...

One Tree Hill > The OC, anyway.

I've been saying that for awhile. OTH has more going for it. OC only beat OTH in the first season in terms of quality but since then it's been OTH's game.

Guest GoJoe

I'm pretty sure Ryan, Seth and Summer will be regulars next season. I know Taylor is going to be full time, so it wouldn't make sense for them not to be.

Wow, the teenies out there are going to be happy that OTH got picked up.

That may be true, but Chad Michael Murray's soon to be multiple divorces depend on it

Also, I can say I never cared about the OC and wish it a quick overdue death next year, even though I like Melinda Clarke and Peter Gallagher.

I'm pretty sure Ryan, Seth and Summer will be regulars next season. I know Taylor is going to be full time, so it wouldn't make sense for them not to be.

I think the fact they spread them around (Berkley and Rhode Island) was nice, because all the other shows always someone managed to get the entire group to stick in the same general area. It was already confirmed the show is shifting towards Kaitlin anyways (and looking back at last night, they were really foreshadowing the change)

Watching the last 2-3 minutes, it's actually a little sad...