TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

2006 Fall Line-Up Thread...

Guest Smues

Huzzah Law & Order coming back for a 17th season. I think that's about the only show I watch on network television.

Guest El Satanico

After seeing some clips, I've added 30 Rock to me interested list.

Thursday night is going to be awesome. It's great that Sorkin's show got the Thursday slot because I can't wait to see it, and now I can just tape the two hour 8-10 block. I could care less about Fey version of the show. I love Sports Night and I can't wait to see him tackle this.

Let's Rob Mick Jagger with Donal Logue for Touchstone and Worldwide Pants

Did a google search, found this:

Mick is set to make a cameo appearance in an ABC sitcom pilot episode slated for this Fall in the US. Mick shot his scenes for the New York-based pilot in a hotel room in Auckland, New Zealand, last week. The tentative title for the sitcom is "Let's Rob Mick Jagger." It's the brainchild of Rob Burnett, long-time David Letterman executive producer, and his partner, Jon Beckerman, who had previously created the NBC comedy-drama "Ed." The concept apparently centers on a janitor for a prominent New York building, to be played by the character actor Donal Logue. Down on his luck, the janitor sees a celebrity on television wallowing in his wealth during a tour of his new Manhattan penthouse. Enlisting a crew of similarly ordinary but frustrated accomplices, the janitor conceives a plot to rob Mick's apartment, a story line that would unfold over a 24-episode television season.

I give it..3 episodes.

That sounds like a Rube Goldberg device on film.

Hrm... The only channel I'm awaiting news on is ABC, as I'm interested in seeing Invasion get renewed.

The other stuff I watch is either already renewed / safe (24, Prison Break, American Dad, Family Guy), is on cable (The Shield, Rescue Me, South Park), or has already been cancelled (Alias).

Hrm... The only channel I'm awaiting news on is ABC, as I'm interested in seeing Invasion get renewed.

It was already announced that it isn't gtting renewed...

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/newswire.aspx?id=7156

With 48 hours to go until its upfront presentation, ABC has issued pink slips out to its freshman entries "Invasion" and "Freddie" as well as its veteran comedy "Hope & Faith."

Guest El Satanico
Where can you see clips?

It was on either Extra or Access Hollywoodd, but I think it was Extra.

Well, f*ck ABC.

Looks like I'm not watching them next year unless I *REALLY* get into Lost.

Well, f*ck ABC.

Honestly, why would they pick it up for a second season? They put it on for what I believe was an entire season after one of the hottest shows in America and it bombed.

No Veronica Mars? ANGRY.

Nothing's been confirmed on the VM front.

It would be beautiful is ABC followed the cancelation of Freddie with George Lopez and According to Jim.

As for NBC, I'm looking forward to the new comedies, Kidnapped, and Studio 60. Kidnapped being on Tuesday nights, on NBC, with a lead-in that is also new, however, doesn't exactly give me faith in its future success. Andy Barker, P.I. is surely going to rock, and the combo of Tambor and Lithgow will hopefully be enough to overcome the awful name. And Alec Baldwin was a fucking riot during his W&G appearances, so 30 Rock (what is it with these titles?) may be half decent.

I'm already beginning to wonder what shows will be Head Cased and Just Legaled this coming Fall.

I didn't think much of this until I read the descriptions, but...

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip – Emmy Award-winning executive producer-writer Aaron Sorkin and Emmy Award-winning executive producer-director Thomas Schlamme both from The West Wing, return to TV with this dramatic take behind the humor of producing a late-night comedy sketch show that stars Amanda Peet, Matthew Perry, Bradley Whitford among others. Produced by Warner Bros. Television.

30 Rock – Emmy Award winner Tina Fey writes, executive produces and stars in this workplace comedy about backstage at a frenetic TV variety show. Tina stars as Liz Lemon, a single comedy writer in New York City, living the dream life until she meets the brash new network president played by Alec Baldwin. The show also stars Tracy Morgan among others. . Produced by Broadway Video Television and NBC Universal Television Studio.

OK, so it's not like NBC already doesn't have a sitcom and a drama with the same basic premise, but Scrubs came along well after ER. Debuting these two shows at the same time? I'm not sure that's wise.

ABC moved Grey's Anatomy to Thursday at 9.

They have balls.

Oh, and teke as I detailed at the Pit- nobody watched Invasion. It deserved to be cancelled.

Day Break, which is Groundhog Day 2006, could be good. Taye Diggs + Adam Baldwin sounds like a good combo.

The Nine and Traveler also sound cool.

God only knows how the comedies are going to pan out.

I tried watching it, but then I remembered the awful DA from SVU was on it.

NBC should've never cancelled Trial by Jury.

Trial By Jury was terrible though.

And Cabot was a far better fake DA than Novak. Diane Neal is horrid.

I really liked Trial by Jury. They ripped off too many high profile cases at the beginning, but the show was starting to get real good towards the end of its run.

Word on the "street" is that Veronica Mars WILL be back.

Straight from the horse's mouth, Rob Thomas just e-mailed me to confirm that Veronica Mars has been renewed for a third season. The show got a 22-episode order that, depending on ratings, can be reduced to 13. Very reliable sources, meanwhile, are also telling me that One Tree Hill will be back and that Everwood is, in fact, dead. Talk about injustice.

OTH, Mars and GG are sticking around? Yes!

Edit: I doubt this is true but I've heard Fox is sticking The OC as a 13 episode season and slapping it on friday nights. I can't buy that all.

Edit: I doubt this is true but I've heard Fox is sticking The OC as a 13 episode season and slapping it on friday nights. I can't buy that all.

The OC's been tanking it this season in the ratings, and it looks relatively expensive to shoot.

The OC's been tanking it this season in the ratings, and it looks relatively expensive to shoot.

Obviously, the ratings free-fell this season (that happens when the magic of the show dies and it becomes Melrose Place 2.0) but friday nights would basically kill the remaining fanbase it has.

The O.C never recovered from the mistakes it made in the middle of season 2. OC suffered from the rare case of the "perfect" first season. It proabably would have been better ending the run right there because it ended perfectly. Adding 2 (and now 3) more messy and cliche loaded seasons really just hurt the legacy it had going for itself.

The OC suffers from short-term storylines. They did everything they really could in the first season and it was all down hill from there. All they had to do was milk a lot of the storylines and they would have been fine.

And FUCKIN YEAH for VM coming back. Hopefully it will get better ratings on the CW.

CBS' Lineup:

MONDAY

8:00-8:30 PM HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (NT)

8:30-9:00 PM THE CLASS (N)

9:00-9:30 PM TWO AND A HALF MEN

9:30-10:00 PM THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE

10:00-11:00 PM CSI: MIAMI

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM NCIS

9:00-10:00 PM THE UNIT

10:00-11:00 PM SMITH (N)

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM JERICHO (N)

9:00-10:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS

10:00-11:00 PM CSI: NY

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR

9:00-10:00 PM CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION

10:00-11:00 PM SHARK (N)

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM GHOST WHISPERER

9:00-10:00 PM CLOSE TO HOME

10:00-11:00 PM NUMB3RS

SATURDAY

8:00-9:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY

9:00-10:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY

10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS: MYSTERY

SUNDAY

7:00-8:00 PM 60 MINUTES

8:00-9:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE (NT)

9:00-10:00 PM COLD CASE (NT)

10:00-11:00 PM WITHOUT A TRACE (NT)

It won't.

Veronica Mars is a show no one is going to watch.

Without a Trace moving to Sundays- I don't know. I guess they figured it was self sustaining and could give another show the CSI cushion, I just hope football doesn't hurt it too much.

That lead-in for Criminal Minds will last 3 episodes

VM, best chances for slightly improved ratings would be if it was paired with Gilmore Girls and I don't think CW is that behind VM to give it that slot.