TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

2006 Fall Line-Up Thread...

That is because it is too "smart" for the American public. They would rather wath shows like CSI where they are ONLY stand-alone episodes with no character growth.

Or American Idol. Bullshit if you ask me.

Wow, with TAR moving, I'll actually be watching something regularly on Sunday prime time other than football.

It is. The few episodes I watched I enjoyed and it seems like a smart show.

CBS.com has previews for its shows. Shark looks like a lot of fun (zap2it described it as being like House), The Class looks really bad.

I still can't believe Ghost Whisperer is still on the air. The few episodes I've seen parts of were horrifically bad.

Im interested in Jericho..

Jericho (Wednesdays, 8 p.m.): A nuclear mushroom cloud suddenly appears. Now the residents of a small Kansas town wonder if they’re the only people alive on the planet. Sounds like Lost. Only it’s not in the jungle. And there’s probably no hatch or black smoke monsters. I think

And oddly thats really the only new show so far that I can say Im interested in based on reading about it..

I still can't believe Ghost Whisperer is still on the air. The few episodes I've seen parts of were horrifically bad.

Want to know why? People like my mom, who used to watch Joan of Arcadia, but decided that they liked Ghost Whisperer as well because it's got that nice young Jennifer Love Hewitt in it and it has such feelgood endings to every episode.

Want to know why? People like my mom, who used to watch Joan of Arcadia, but decided that they liked Ghost Whisperer as well because it's got that nice young Jennifer Love Hewitt in it and it has such feelgood endings to every episode.

Happy endings are for pussies.

CSI is actually a pretty smart show though

No it isn't.

A smart show is one that has season long storylines not stand alone ones. CSI might be smart science wise, but not storyline wise. The same goes for Law & Order, Without a Trace and those shows. Actually, I've never watched WaT, but I am guessing it is the same as the others.

VM is in depth with season long storylines, it could fill 5 seasons. That is smart TV.

Don't comment on WAT then, since they do carry on season long storylines.

All non-procedurials usually have season long storylines, doesn't make them smart.

I never said they did. I am just saying that CSI isn't smart because of the stand alone episodes.

And I shouldn't say anything about WaT because I haven't seen it.

Tomorrow is CW's lineup and I am most pumped for that out of all the networks. Not because I like the shows but I'd like to see what the network will look like.

CSI is a smart show though. They usually have good cases and do a good job of unravelling them. It's very well written with good crisp dialogue. They also have found a formula and make it work and do a good job of catering to what the fanbase wants.

It's a smart show. Procedurials can be smart shows, even if they don't have a season-long bus crash.

I was really pissed last year when they cancelled JOA for Ghost Whisperer, but as much as I hate CBS for doing it, they did make the right call.

Without What I Like About You, the CW's lineup bores me.

Oh my goodness, you are missing my point. I am sure the episodes themselves are smart, I am talking about smart season storylines. They don't have that. LOST, 24, Prison Break etc have those.

Okay yea, I get what you're saying now.

FOX also announces its lineup tomorrow. What will get the Friday 9 pm death slot?

I miss Killer Instinct. :-(

That is because it is too "smart" for the American public. They would rather wath shows like CSI where they are ONLY stand-alone episodes with no character growth.

Or American Idol. Bullshit if you ask me.

I never said they did. I am just saying that CSI isn't smart because of the stand alone episodes.

And I shouldn't say anything about WaT because I haven't seen it.

Tomorrow is CW's lineup and I am most pumped for that out of all the networks. Not because I like the shows but I'd like to see what the network will look like.

I think you're being way to general with what makes a 'smart' show. Now, I seem to agree with you on what is a quality show, but just being plotted out over a season doesn't make anything 'smarter' than a show that goes episode by episode. Any hack writer can plot something out over a 22 epsiode run and it can still be shit. Veronica Mars, 24, yeah those are smart shows (Lost I loved until a quarter of the way through the second season but now I can't fucking stand it, but that's an argument for another time), but it's not solely due to their serial nature. A standalone episode of Veronica Mars is still great.

And CSI, while not my cup of tea is in no way 'dumb' just because it's procedural. It's pretty well written and has good characters.

Something doesn't need a cliffhanger every week (*cough*Lost*cough*) to be good, that comes across really contrived after a while.

So in conclusion, I sort of agree with what you're trying to say, but I think you're being a bit closed minded.

And is it cool with you if I like American Idol AND Veronica Mars/Arrested Development/The Office/24? Hmmm?

Okay yea, I get what you're saying now.

FOX also announces its lineup tomorrow. What will get the Friday 9 pm death slot?

I miss Killer Instinct. :-(

I downloaded all the episodes and burned them to a CD when I still had the chance.

People in the year 2040 need to see this show.

FOX PRIMETIME SCHEDULE: FALL 2006 (All Times ET/PT)

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM PRISON BREAK

9:00-10:00 PM VANISHED

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM STANDOFF

9:00-10:00 PM HOUSE

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM BONES

9:00-10:00 PM JUSTICE

THURSDAY

8:00-8:30 PM 'TIL DEATH

8:30-9:00 PM HAPPY HOUR

9:00-10:00 PM THE O.C.

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM NANNY 911

9:00-10:00 PM SPOUSES: MEET YOUR NEW MOMMY

SATURDAY

8:00-8:30 PM COPS

8:30-9:00 PM COPS

9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA'S MOST WANTED: AMERICA STRIKES BACK

11:00 PM-MIDNIGHT MADtv

MIDNIGHT-12:30 AM TALK SHOW WITH SPIKE FERESTEN

SUNDAY

7:00-7:30 PM FOOTBALL OVERRUN (COMEDY ENCORES)

7:30-8:00 PM FOOTBALL OVERRUN (COMEDY ENCORES)

8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS

8:30-9:00 PM AMERICAN DAD

9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY

9:30-10:00 PM THE WAR AT HOME

FOX PRIMETIME SCHEDULE: BEGINNING JANUARY 2007

(All Times ET/PT)

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM STANDOFF

9:00-10:00 PM 24

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM AMERICAN IDOL Performance Show

9:00-10:00 PM HOUSE

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM JUSTICE

9:00-9:30 PM AMERICAN IDOL Results Show

9:30-10:00 PM THE LOOP

THURSDAY

8:00-8:30 PM 'TIL DEATH

8:30-9:00 PM HAPPY HOUR

9:00-10:00 PM THE O.C.

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM BONES

9:00-10:00 PM THE WEDDING ALBUM

SATURDAY

8:00-8:30 PM COPS

8:30-9:00 PM COPS

9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA'S MOST WANTED: AMERICA STRIKES BACK

11:00 PM-MIDNIGHT MADtv

MIDNIGHT-12:30 AM TALK SHOW WITH SPIKE FERESTEN

SUNDAY

7:00-7:30 PM COMEDY REPEATS

7:30-8:00 PM KING OF THE HILL

8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS

8:30-9:00 PM AMERICAN DAD

9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY

9:30-10:00 PM THE WAR AT HOME

Standoff and/or Justice will go quickly.

Bones and Wedding Album get the Friday Night death slot starting in January, although that will probably change.

FOX finally realized that having a live action show between four animated shows is silly.

And the sitcoms certainly aren't going to have an easy time. As if their lead-out wasn't a sinking ship, they're up against My Name Is Earl and The Office and ABC's sitcom line-up.

I loved Killer Instinct, the cases were so stupid and over the top, that I couldn't help but laugh.

And yea, a city just happened to form a division for deviant crimes- I love Fox.

THE CWs 2006-2007 PRIMETIME SCHEDULE

SUNDAY

7:00-7:30 PM EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS

7:30-8:00 PM ALL OF US

8:00-8:30 PM GIRLFRIENDS

8:30-9:00 PM THE GAME (New Series)

9:00-10:00 PM AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL (Encore Presentation)

MONDAY

8:00-9:00 PM 7TH HEAVEN

9:00-10:00 PM RUNAWAY (New Series)

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM GILMORE GIRLS

9:00-10:00 PM VERONICA MARS

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL

9:00-10:00 PM ONE TREE HILL

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM SMALLVILLE

9:00-10:00 PM SUPERNATURAL

FRIDAY 8:00-10:00 PM FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN!

Guest El Satanico

That's an awful slot for Everybody Hates Chris. They should've put it head to head with the terrible War At Home.

That's an awful slot for Everybody Hates Chris. They should've put it head to head with the terrible War At Home.

Everybody Hates Chris' ratings have sagged, and I believe it's due to the older households who tuned in because of the critical hype having gradually left, leaving a lot of younger viewers and families.

EHC is one of PTC's favorite family friendly shows. It's also the highest rated of the UPN sitcom fleet, which means you use it as a lead-in for the other shows.

A) Bones getting stuck on Friday the 2nd half of the year will kill it so I hope they can find a way to leave it on Wednesday.

B) Prison Break + 24 = awesome, but I knew they wouldn't find a way to do it again next season.

C) I might be interested in Vanished but I doubt it. Standoff..no..Justice..no..

and apparently the scripts for the first 4 episodes of 24 for next year are already written..hmm.

Happy endings are for pussies.

But Jennifer Love Hewitt's tits are for me.