TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB: 5/29 - 6/4

Guest NYankees

How many straight innings has Webb pitched scoreless? He had 7 today and back to back shutouts before tonight. So that is 25 innings without giving a run. What about his previous start?

Fantastic game at Shea thus far. Both Martinez and Webb were terrific. Going into the bottom of the 9th right now with the game tied at zero; the Mets have Beltran, Delgado, and Wright coming up in this frame.

Annnnnd they all strike out. Goin' to extras, again...

Endy Chavez with another walkoff single for the Mets. Sadly, Pedro didn't get a win this month despite a few gems, but we'll take it any way we can get it at this point.

Os won again in extra innings. Chen pitched like crap again though, I wish they'd send him down since he's not getting better whereas at least Rodrigo Lopez has shown improvement since they went to having Javy Lopez be his catcher.

Quietly they've won 3 in a row, and are only 3 under .500 at 25-28, but with the Yankees in for the weekend I dont anticipate them being able to reach .500 any time soon.

I will just say that Francisco Liriano looks great. I'm glad that I added him to my fantasy team. I hope that he can keep getting ahead of hitters and finishing them off, so that he can throw a complete game...and keep an extremely low WHIP.

I'm pretty sure the Reds gave Eric Milton his ridiculous contract after only viewing what he's done against the Cubs. I can understand true aces shutting down the offense, but Eric Milton looks like Cy Young everytime he faces the Cubs. Thankfully, I watched the Pistons instead of any of the Cubs game.

I'd actually prefer a couple of those walks to be hits. That probably keeps the pitch count down, possibly making Liriano available for the 7th.

Yeah, well he recovered well enough. What's his pitch count up to? Maybe he can at least finish it out.

Edit: Nevermind. He pitched really well, though. Once he gets a little better control....yeesh.

Yeah, I didn't get to see those. This is the first time I've actually seen him start. Still, he walks way too many people. And, on another note, man...the Angels suck this year, huh?

Yes, but they could still win the division. They'd get anally raped by whoever they'd play in the playoffs.

I still think Oakland's gonna take the West. The Rangers pitching isn't all that great and once the A's get all their injured guys back, I pick them to be on top, but yeah...I doubt anybody from the West makes it outta the first round. The Central and East are just too strong.

I don't have any idea. I think all 4 teams blow, with Oakland being more complete than the rest. Without Harden, they're screwed.

I forgot about the Lofton catch. It was a nice one.

Meh, well they still have Zito and Haren and Joe Blanton. Huston Street's not doing too well, though. It's a bad year for closers.

Mike Maroth will be having surgery to remove bone chips in his pitching elbow. A bummer, but hopefully they can get around it until he gets back(the 0 for 3 vs the Yankees so far not withstanding).

Mike Maroth will be having surgery to remove bone chips in his pitching elbow. A bummer, but hopefully they can get around it until he gets back(the 0 for 3 vs the Yankees so far not withstanding).

I pray they get their head outta their ass and start Zumaya...he competed for a spot in the rotation in spring training and hes a starter in a relief role...the Tigers seem to have forgotten that...a starter is more important than a set up man anyday

It means that the contract is for $22 million, but since he's only playing for slightly more than half the season, he doesn't get paid the full amount and instead will only receive ~$12 million.

Basically it means that if he played a whole season he would have made $22 million, but since he's only playing slightly more than half of the season he's making $12.25 million or whatever it is.

Edit: Too slow on the trigger.