TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

2006 NBA Finals

Okay...but what does that have to do with anything. Who will be more likely to win a championship in their career. Nash or Kidd?

And like its been said, this is the Heat and Mavs thread. Look forward to a good game tonight...even if I am still in mourning.

Jason Kidd in his prime >>>> Steve Nash in his prime

John Stockton in his prime >>> Kidd and Nash in their primes. If we are playing that game.

Dallas is just too much for Miami I think.

Sure nobody on Dallas can stop Shaq, but conversely, nobody on Miami can stop Dirk, and Dirk is playing better than Shaq.

Jason Kidd in his prime >>>> Steve Nash in his prime

John Stockton in his prime >>> Kidd and Nash in their primes. If we are playing that game.

Not just that but

Oscar Robertson in his prime >>>> John Stockton in his prime >>> Kidd and Nash in their primes.

Yeah, but that's when Eastern Conference was at about it's worst point in history. Nash's 2005 or 2006 Suns would have beaten that Nets team easily.

I think you put Jason Kidd in those prime years, or even now in the Suns, I think they would be a much better team. Jason Kidd would give them the defensive strength they need in the backcourt.

Oh, and although its hypocritcal after my last post, but this team would suck with Jason Kidd at the helm.

Nash's one on one offensive abilities is just as important to the suns suceess as anything else. You can't go under screens because he is too good of a shooter. You can't double off anyone on the court because they all can hit the jump shot. You put Kidd out there and all of a sudden you can go under the screen thus killing the screen and roll and you can double off of Kidd who will simply never have a consistant jump shot.

Plus, unless people didn't notice, Tony Parker is the only guard that has hurt the suns in the playoffs in the last two years. So unless Kidd was going to D up Duncan or Dirk, it makes no difference.

Fact of the matter is the suns are going to have a low post presence to go to when they get in the half court with Amare next year. His minutes will cut into the "5th" mans minutes. Diaw, Marion, Bell, and Nash were always going to start. Tim Thomas or James jones were the fifth guy and if anyone even tries to argue that Amare Stoudimire playing at 50 percent isn't better than those two you should be banned from the sports folder all together.

Barbosa and Thomas combined did as much as, if not more than, Amare would have this postseason from the perspective of creating match up issues and knocking down key shots at times. Thomas was the main reason the Suns didn't lose in the first round. No one in their right mind would take him over Amare over the long haul, but his deal with the devil was huge in the Suns getting as far as they did. I'd even go so far as to say he was consistently their best player over the 20 game stretch.

If Amare were playing, the Lakers would win a game at most to begin with. The Suns were struggling when they couldn't grab boards, and allowed 2nd chance points. When halfcout defense took over a game, they really didn't have a true low post guy. Amare takes care of those problems.

And if you already forgot, the pick and roll between Nash and Amare was like the most unstoppable play ran last year.

Barbosa and Thomas combined did as much as, if not more than, Amare would have this postseason from the perspective of creating match up issues and knocking down key shots at times. Thomas was the main reason the Suns didn't lose in the first round. No one in their right mind would take him over Amare over the long haul, but his deal with the devil was huge in the Suns getting as far as they did. I'd even go so far as to say he was consistently their best player over the 20 game stretch.

Um...Amare averaged nearly 40 points a game against the SPURS in his last playoffs. Nearly 30 against this same Mavs team. Barbosa still would be backing up Nash and bell...how exactly would his minutes drop. And Tim Thomas, all he does is add depth to the bench, although to be fair, he probably wouldn't have been signed if not for Amare being hurt.

Bottomline, Suns sweep the Lakers with Amare, take the Clippers in 6 and I dare say take the Mavs. Hell, part of me still believes that they would have taken the Mavs if Raja hadn't screwed up his leg....the same way I believe they would have taken the Spurs had Joe Johnson not fallen on his face against the Mavs the year before.

Amare averaged nearly 40 against the Spurs and the team lost. Barbosa started games this postseason, unless you think Bell and Nash are only gonna play about 28-32 minutes per next season how does Barbosa not see his minutes cut in half when Amare comes back and plays 38-44 a night? Those are the minutes he and Thomas got for the most part.

Tim Thomas might have been a bench upgrade in another year, but he carried the Suns past the first round. I'm not saying Amare couldn't have done the same, but it's ridiculous to act like the guys who "replaced" him weren't effective. Diaw disappeared at times, Marion was invisible for long stretches and Nash was burned out by Game 6 of the Semis. Barbosa and Thomas were huge for the Suns, but then again they didn't make the Finals so I'm done posting about what might have been, or what might happen next year.

It's not that they weren't effective it's that they'll be better with Amare. Don't you think Amare would have helped out when you mention that Nash was burned out by Game 6, and Marion was invisible for long stretches, and Diaw disappeared at times? Tim Thomas and Barbosa are great bench players for Phoenix, while Amare will make them better and carry the team when the other big 3 aren't doing so. That should make Tim Thomas and Barbosa even more dangerous.

Dallas is winning the series. How do I know? Tony Mejia from CBSsportsline picked Miami. That dude is a walking kiss of death.

Jason Kidd would give them the defensive strength they need in the backcourt.

Yeah, just look at the way he shut down Anthony Johnson in the first round!

And God knows we couldn't bring up the Nets without taking another shot at KVH or Byron Scott. I guess that 20-win improvement in New Orleans was all Eddie Jordan's doing, too! I don't care how good Kidd or Chris Paul are, a team doesn't improve by 20 wins or go from the lottery to the Finals without good coaching.

Dallas is winning the series. How do I know? Tony Mejia from CBSsportsline picked Miami. That dude is a walking kiss of death.

He has the sports curse too? I need to team up with that guy. We'd destroy franchises. Perhaps we're both pulling for the Royals in the back of our heads and that's what has caused this?

Man I'm at a crossroads here. On one hand I hate everything about the Heat except Wade. On the other hand I love seeing Igg wrong and especially love it when he loses money.

Who to pick?

He has the sports curse too? I need to team up with that guy. We'd destroy franchises. Perhaps we're both pulling for the Royals in the back of our heads and that's what has caused this?

Man I'm at a crossroads here. On one hand I hate everything about the Heat except Wade. On the other hand I love seeing Igg wrong and especially love it when he loses money.

Who to pick?

Yeah, I secretly knew the suns were going to lose as soon as you picked them....fucker.

And what is up with the ABC crew tonight? Are they all drunk? Anthony Johnson does not coach the Mavs, Diop doesn't look a goddamned thing like Dirk, and Antoine walker plays for the HEAT.

And what is up with the ABC crew tonight? Are they all drunk? Anthony Johnson does not coach the Mavs, Diop doesn't look a goddamned thing like Dirk, and Antoine walker plays for the HEAT.

I don't think they know what the hell this strange game they are watching is even called.

Dallas looked very good to end the half but I'm wondering how Stack is doing. And even though I am a Dallas fan, I have a wild question that I really have never understood. How is it when a guy has position, Shaq can just come in and shove him aside like he's not even there? Is it just because he's big cause I don't understand how it wasn't a foul before the Stackhouse drive.

Miami's going to regret losing this winnable game since there's not a chance in hell they win 3 straight at home. If Dirk hulks up at any point in this series, Dallas will cruise to victory.

Yeah, Miami started out red hot from the floor, Dirk had one of his worst games of the postseason, and the Mavericks still cruised to victory. I'm now much more confident that they're gonna take the series. I think I'm ready to amend that "Mavs in 7" pick to "Mavs in 6". Shit, they might even take it in 5.

Nobody shot a FT on Miami other than Shaq or Wade. Wade was 6-10, and Shaq was *1-9*.

On the ESPN.com poll, "which team are you rooting for." 41 of 50 states are rooting for Miami. Only California, Wyoming, Colorado, Oklahoma, Michigan, Illinois, and (of course) Texas have more Dallas votes, and Nevada and Arkansas are even.

The California one is a bit odd. I would guess it's just most of them don't want Shaq to get another ring before Kobe.

Guest Vitamin X

Bingo. I knew I wasn't alone in feeling that way, and it isn't about Shaq getting a ring before Kobe, it's more along the lines of not wanting to see Shaq win another title out of a Laker uniform, if that makes any sense. Especially considering he got his fat, lazy, unmotivated ass in shape, and has lost over 50 pounds since coming to Miami. That's aggravating as a Laker fan; don't know why the other California fans would feel that way though.

Well, I'm sure the "Sacramento Queens" still have a healthy dislike for Shaq. Lakers fans and Kings fans cover most of the state don't they?

Bingo. I knew I wasn't alone in feeling that way, and it isn't about Shaq getting a ring before Kobe, it's more along the lines of not wanting to see Shaq win another title out of a Laker uniform, if that makes any sense. Especially considering he got his fat, lazy, unmotivated ass in shape, and has lost over 50 pounds since coming to Miami. That's aggravating as a Laker fan; don't know why the other California fans would feel that way though.

At least you know that he hasn't been honing his free throw shooting skills any.

The California one is a bit odd. I would guess it's just most of them don't want Shaq to get another ring before Kobe.

Heat are wannabe Lakers

Miami is a wannabe L.A.

Florida is a wannabe California

Hence we have little regard for Florida (Well I do anyway)

Guest Vitamin X

Heat are wannabe Lakers

Miami is a wannabe L.A.

Florida is a wannabe California

Hence we have little regard for Florida (Well I do anyway)

Okay, this was silly reasoning, except for maybe the first one. I hope you do realize that the two places are ridiculously different, right?

Guest Felonies!

Illinois is pro-Mavericks because they think Cuban would try to buy the Cubs if he wins