TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest InuYasha

Bush attacking the Gay Community again.

I'm just afraid/discouraged that this tactic STILL WORKS.

You may get it.

I may get it.

But millions of Americans SOMEWHERE do not.

They're still upset/threatened by gay sex, sex in general, and so on and so forth.

They're afraid of telling their 7 year old cousin why two men are kissing, like it's some dirty little secret.

Like it's okay to tell them if a man and a woman are kissing, they're in love, but if a man and another man are kissing, its a secret?

Come on.

I have a harder time explaining why people enjoy watching cars drive around in an oval for four hours than I do talking about homosexuality.

I have a harder time explaining why people enjoy watching cars drive around in an oval for four hours than I do talking about homosexuality.

That might be post of the year, thus far. Mostly because you're absolutely correct.

Although I do watch golf and curling pretty relgiously.

I hate this tactic. Hate it, hate it, hate it. So you fucked everything up, and your poll numbers are in the tank. Time to get everyone scared of gay people again!

^Summarizes the last 5 years.^

My wife informs me that there is some form of driving stratgey involved that become apparent if you know what to look for. Personally, I can never get past the fact they call them "stock cars" when its perfectly obvious the damn things are custom built for racing.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
My 2 cousins were spending the night, when I wake up and see them both in my room (they weren't both supposed to be in there) laying down on the floor and fooling around under the blankets. Now, I don't know what they were doing, but this is something that I've never seen before.

Hold on, your two cousins were doing stuff together?

Guest LiveFastDieNever
What would the reaction be if a racecar driver came out of the closet?

The redneck community would have a collective heart attack.

I gotta ask: Other than Homophobia, why are some people so afraid of gay marriage? I mean, let's face the facts: marriage is no longer the sacred bond it once was, and how the fuck is two men or two women getting together to get married going to hurt people?

Guest LiveFastDieNever

Depends. Some people just hate anything that's different. It's the people that hate that bother me, especially among my Christian brothers and sisters. In our culture, marriage may no longer be held in such regard, but the biblical perspective still holds it firmly there. Disagreeing with a sinful lifestyle is one thing, but shunning people or worse hating them is far over the line and very unbiblical.

Everybody sins. Sin is sin. I'm not sure Christians have the justification to hate, not if they have a true, biblical understanding of sin and the work on the Cross. That doesn't make sense to me. Before I moved to my present city for college, I maintained friendships with a couple of lesbian ladies. Living on Campus, I don't get out into the city much but I still have zero problem with solid, trusting friendships with gays, whatever my views.

Politically, the United States isn't a Christian state. Those issues are state issues as far as I'm concerned, and those laws should be determined by the representitives of the people, acting on the interests and majority opinion of the people.

That's my take.

Guest netslob

Politically, the United States isn't a Christian state.

I guarantee that's news to somebody.

(*raises hand*)

yep, over here. news to me.

Guest Felonies!

You know what Stuart? I like you. You're not like the other people here in the trailer park. Oh no, don't get me wrong, they're fine people, good Americans. But they're content to sit back, maybe watch a little Mork and Mindy on channel 57, maybe kick back a cool Coors 16-ouncer. They're good fine people, Stuart. But they don't know what the queers are doing to the soil.

You know that Johnny Werzner kid who delivers papers in the neighborhood? He's a fine kid. Some of the neighbors say he smokes crack, but I don't believe it. Anyway, for his 10th birthday, all he wanted was a burrow owl. Kept bugging his old man: "Dad, get me a burrow owl! I'll never ask for anything else as long as I live." So the guy breaks down and buys him a burrow owl. Anyway at 10.30 the other night I go out into my yard, and there's the Werzner kid looking up in the tree. I said, "What are you looking for?" He said, "I'm looking for my burrow owl." I say, "JUMPING JESUS ON A POGO STICK! EV-ERYBODY KNOWS THAT A BURROW OWL LIVES, IN A HOLE, IN THE GROUND! WHYTHEHELLDOYOUTHINKTHEYCALLIT A BURROW OWL, ANYWAY?!?" Now Stuart, do you think a kid like that is gonna know what the queers are doing to the soil?

I first became aware of this about 10 years ago, the summer my oldest boy Bill Jr. died. You know that carnival that comes to town every year? Well this year it came with a ride called the Mixer. The man said "Keep your head and arms inside the mixer at all times." But Bill Jr., HE WAS A DAREDEVIL, just like his old man. He was leaning out saying, "Hey everybody! Look at me, look at me!" POW! HE WAS DECAPITATED! They found his head over by the sno-cone concession! A few days after that, I open up the mail and there's a pamphlet in there from Pueblo, Colorado, and it's addressed to Bill Jr., and it's entitled, "Do you know what the queers are doing to our soil?"

Now Stuart, if you look at the soil around any large U.S. city with a big underground homosexual population - Des Moines, Iowa, perfect example. Look at the soil around Des Moines, Stuart! You can't build on it. You can't grow anything in it. The government says it's due to poor farming. But I know what's really going on, Stuart! I know it's the queers! They're in it with the aliens! They're building landing strips for gay Martians! I swear to God!

You know what Stuart, I like you. You're not like the other people, here in the trailer park.

You know what Stuart? I like you. You're not like the other people here in the trailer park. Oh no, don't get me wrong, they're fine people, good Americans. But they're content to sit back, maybe watch a little Mork and Mindy on channel 57, maybe kick back a cool Coors 16-ouncer. They're good fine people, Stuart. But they don't know what the queers are doing to the soil.

You know that Johnny Werzner kid who delivers papers in the neighborhood? He's a fine kid. Some of the neighbors say he smokes crack, but I don't believe it. Anyway, for his 10th birthday, all he wanted was a burrow owl. Kept bugging his old man: "Dad, get me a burrow owl! I'll never ask for anything else as long as I live." So the guy breaks down and buys him a burrow owl. Anyway at 10.30 the other night I go out into my yard, and there's the Werzner kid looking up in the tree. I said, "What are you looking for?" He said, "I'm looking for my burrow owl." I say, "JUMPING JESUS ON A POGO STICK! EV-ERYBODY KNOWS THAT A BURROW OWL LIVES, IN A HOLE, IN THE GROUND! WHYTHEHELLDOYOUTHINKTHEYCALLIT A BURROW OWL, ANYWAY?!?" Now Stuart, do you think a kid like that is gonna know what the queers are doing to the soil?

I first became aware of this about 10 years ago, the summer my oldest boy Bill Jr. died. You know that carnival that comes to town every year? Well this year it came with a ride called the Mixer. The man said "Keep your head and arms inside the mixer at all times." But Bill Jr., HE WAS A DAREDEVIL, just like his old man. He was leaning out saying, "Hey everybody! Look at me, look at me!" POW! HE WAS DECAPITATED! They found his head over by the sno-cone concession! A few days after that, I open up the mail and there's a pamphlet in there from Pueblo, Colorado, and it's addressed to Bill Jr., and it's entitled, "Do you know what the queers are doing to our soil?"

Now Stuart, if you look at the soil around any large U.S. city with a big underground homosexual population - Des Moines, Iowa, perfect example. Look at the soil around Des Moines, Stuart! You can't build on it. You can't grow anything in it. The government says it's due to poor farming. But I know what's really going on, Stuart! I know it's the queers! They're in it with the aliens! They're building landing strips for gay Martians! I swear to God!

You know what Stuart, I like you. You're not like the other people, here in the trailer park.

Ok, thread over. Czech used an awesome Dead Milkmen song as a post, so any other reaon to post now is pointless.

Guest InuYasha

Ok, thread over. Czech used an awesome Dead Milkmen song as a post, so any other reaon to post now is pointless.

Okay,

1. If this is a song, I've never heard of it. :huh:

2. I'll bet half the Midwest, and about 75-80% of the South believe this is true.

Maybe you could take it home in your bitchin' Camaro.

And this thread could have used some Mojo Nixon. If you don't got Mojo Nixon then your thread could use some fixin'.

I cannot believe I glanced at that LFDN post and didn't IMMEDIATELY see that it was Spider Poet.

Thats all I'm going to say, because no good will come of discussing this topic with him. I'm going over there where I can scream about with people who will scream back.

Guest LiveFastDieNever

At least I don't advocate a Christian state. : )

No but neither are these people against Gay Marriage.

They're just looking for votes.

Its an untenable, immoral, and bigoted position.

Believe everything you want about the sacred bond performed in the house of God, but don't make laws about the state sponsored love bond being not allowed for gay people.

Guest LiveFastDieNever

Bringing it up for the vote is terrible, I agree.

Question, though, just for the sake of curiosity. If it is a state level issue, what if a particular state does genuinely vote negatively towards it? What if that is the majority vote of that particular state?

Just wonder what your thoughts are on that.

Not when there is a proposed CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMANT making gay marriage and civil unions illegal.

That means it's illegal AND unconstitutional in America.

Meaning the Judiciary cannot even determine that it IS legal, since the constitution is what the Judiciary is supposed to use to determine law.

That they can magically try to add this thing to the constitution 200 years after the fact blows me away.

Guest LiveFastDieNever

No, no. I was working within the possible scenario of it instead coming back to being a states issue. Which I would rather it become.