TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TWIB: June 5-11

Why did I not have the mute on or otherwise I could have avoided Buck/McCarver popping boners over Nick Swisher, the team's best hitter, bunting. Ya brilliant fucking strategy.

Chavez's back is still bothering him. He's looked awful up there today.

Guest Brian

Was Swisher batting righty when he bunted and not lefty like they kept on saying, or was I just imagining.

Why IN THE WORLD did Torre take the lefty Villone and his 2 ERA out, to bring in the righty, overworked, Scott Prctor whos been killed by EVERYONE latley to face TWO LEFTIES IN A ROW!?

Okay feel good story and all but come on Mike Rouse player of the game? Difference in the game? You know there was that two-run homer by the Big Hurt in a ten pitch at bat that was pretty important.

Awww Timmy so upset over Jeter not coming thru in the clutch today he can't say anything at the end. Maybe they can clutch each other after the game.

Guest Brian
Okay feel good story and all but come on Mike Rouse player of the game? Difference in the game? You know there was that two-run homer by the Big Hurt in a ten pitch at bat that was pretty important.

Awww Timmy so upset over Jeter not coming thru in the clutch today he can't say anything at the end. Maybe they can clutch each other after the game.

I was complaining about that homerun not getting mention.

BTW, did you hear them when they were trying to read off the producers and stuff? Those guys badly wanted to announce the Yankees winning the game.

Guest Brian

We need to start a donation site to buy Cleveland a bullpen. This is absurd.

So Ted Lilly has his best outing of the year, going 8 2/3 innings, striking out 12 Tigers and allowing only three hits.

Unfortunately, 2 of the 3 hits were a 3-run homer and a 2-run homer, and the Jays lost, 5-3. :angry:

todd jones almost blew another save today. the tigers are about two pieces away from being great. a closer is one of those. though i'd just put zumaya in that position. that kid is a freak. though i could imagine at the rate he's going that his shelf-life won't be that long.

Os are winning 8-0, Daniel Cabrerra is having a decent game despite his further pursuit of the all time worst BB/9IP ratio which at the start of the night was 8.55 (Record is like 8.2 back in the 40's) with 6 walks in 6IP which by my calculations pushes it up to 8.65/9 IP.

A decent debut by Lester today. He couldn't get his fastball down consistently, but his hook looked pretty good. It didn't help that he was getting the "rookie squeeze" from the umpire. Color me hopeful for the future.

Guest Felonies!
Os are winning 8-0, Daniel Cabrerra is having a decent game despite his further pursuit of the all time worst BB/9IP ratio which at the start of the night was 8.55 (Record is like 8.2 back in the 40's) with 6 walks in 6IP which by my calculations pushes it up to 8.65/9 IP.

Trade him for John Koronka so he can become Walker, Texas Ranger

Soler's given up just 1 hit through 7. The Mets tagged B. Webb for 3 in the 1st and haven't done much since. It's a good thing the bats were alive early.

The Mets ultimately win 5-0, behind a 2 hit shutout from Soler. Can we get a couple more Cuban defectors to pitch for us?

The offense always shuts down when Claussen has his rare great games.

But I had heard here that the Reds - like other Central teams - laid down for the Cardinals, but always played the Cubs like their life was on the line every game. You must be mistaken.

The offense always shuts down when Claussen has his rare great games.

But I had heard here that the Reds - like other Central teams - laid down for the Cardinals, but always played the Cubs like their life was on the line every game. You must be mistaken.

Opposite really. They can handle the red-birds. Its the damn baby bears they cant figure out, so it seems.