TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prime Time Andrew Doyle

OAO Raw Thread- 12 June 2006

Guest The Great Muta

Oh and if it isn't apparent by now, it seems Heyman has lost most of his creative control over ECW, because tomorrow night's show reeks of Gerwitz/Stephanie.

The setup for tomorrow can be seen as two different things.

Either this is what we should expect every week, WWE Superstars on an ECW show OR they just want to get everyone to tune in for the first week because it is important to get people in the habit of tuning in for the show, especially when it is on a different network/timeslot then they are used to.

I was also reading somewhere that Dreamer has been almost completely phased out from the booking team altogether. The thing is, im not surprised. As long as ECW is under the WWE umbrella, it is doomed for failure...

Dreamer without control is a GOOD thing. He really isn't a good mind. He is known for being a shitty booker. Why would you give him any control?

He isn't even a good road agent as he couldn't control Rhyno in the hotel and he let CM Punk work ROH, as well as appearing at indy shows despite being told not to.

I never advocated for Dreamer, but come on man you can't be happy that Heyman is phased out with Steph and Gerwitz in charge....!?!

I'm actually afraid to watch tomorrow because I KNOW I am going to be disappointed, even though that is what should have been expected all along.

Oh and if it isn't apparent by now, it seems Heyman has lost most of his creative control over ECW, because tomorrow night's show reeks of Gerwitz/Stephanie.

The setup for tomorrow can be seen as two different things.

Either this is what we should expect every week, WWE Superstars on an ECW show OR they just want to get everyone to tune in for the first week because it is important to get people in the habit of tuning in for the show, especially when it is on a different network/timeslot then they are used to.

I was also reading somewhere that Dreamer has been almost completely phased out from the booking team altogether. The thing is, im not surprised. As long as ECW is under the WWE umbrella, it is doomed for failure...

Dreamer without control is a GOOD thing. He really isn't a good mind. He is known for being a shitty booker. Why would you give him any control?

He isn't even a good road agent as he couldn't control Rhyno in the hotel and he let CM Punk work ROH, as well as appearing at indy shows despite being told not to.

I never advocated for Dreamer, but come on man you can't be happy that Heyman is phased out with Steph and Gerwitz in charge....!?!

Heyman is still there. People like to ignore that ECW used WWE talent in the peak of ECW's run. It's not like it's a new thing for Heyman to do this.

He sure did, but most of the time it was wrestlers that WWE wasn't using, that Heyman WANTED to use on ECW. This time around, besides Kurt Angle, he is basically forced to accept what Stephanie and Gerwitz think should be happening on an ECW show, even though those two clowns were so adamant about ECW not returning just barely a month ago.

Check out "funk gets stitches" on www.ecw.com Once they get Funk to lay down you can hear the match going on in the ring and you hear the "Balls Balls Balls...whoooooooooooa BALLS" LOL.

I taped the show. Awful two hours. McMahon didn't even acknowledge the WWE Title situation. DX returning should have been done weeks ago when people actually cared, even though it's something we've already seen and it isn't a fresh new take on it. Cena KILLED everyone again and Cena vs ECW at ECW (but in front of a WWE crowd) will be the worst. Foley and Flair aren't a couple of guys I think would have chemistry not to mention their age and condition.

"McMahon didn't even acknowledge the WWE Title situation."

In kayfabe world, Vince McMahon has absolutely NOTHING he *can* say about the WWE Title.

He did mention it, and said that Paul E.'s claim that ECW now has the title is valid.

Ross said it himself, "For the first time since 1963 the WWE Title is not in the WWE."

I thought Vince owned ECW in reality and in kayfabe. Surely he could stop Heyman from making the WWE Title the ECW title since he's his boss.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

With the IC title Triple Threat, (Benjamin, Nitro, Carlito), they're not going to have a WWE title Triple Threat, (RVD, Cena, Edge), right? Or at least, they shouldn't.

Last night's Raw was crap. DX reuniting was so damn anti-climatic, and overlooking RVD's title win was just plain stupid. Cena/Edge was pointless, and the rest of the show didn't even have one good match.

Hmm. I watched Raw for the first time in two years (last time was after WM20?). I really liked Foley's interview, even if the crowd no-sold it.

But Cena. Please don't tell me all of his interviews are like that. What happened to the rapping? I took him a lot more seriously as a rapper than with the "intense" quasi-DDP smile and worse acting skills than Dirk Diggler. Come on, now. The WWE made this guy their top star?

Guest Human Highlight Reel

The lack of the D-X theme music and Micheals playing lackey to Trips killed the reunion for me

Guest Human Highlight Reel
Lackey? I missed that part. Looked like two old buds reuniting to me.

Michaels was acting like a sidekick while Triple H was setting up for the Pedigree, and the King of Kings music ending the segment, while the posing was just showcasing Triple H now that it wasn't the D-X chop. I dunno, it just came off that way to me.

Yeah when DX was around, it was HBK telling 90% of the jokes, with Triple H just usually making funny faces and backing up HBK. I doubt it would be like that now..

I thought Vince owned ECW in reality and in kayfabe. Surely he could stop Heyman from making the WWE Title the ECW title since he's his boss.

In kayfabe, he wouldn't care because ECW is still unfer the WWE umbrella.

Ross said it himself, "For the first time since 1963 the WWE Title is not in the WWE."

Didn't Austin take the title to WCW/ECW during the Invasion?

So either the WWE title didn't technically exist until 2002, and thus the 1963 line is a lie, or we can assume it did exist, which means that it is not the first time the belt has been with another "promotion," which just happenes to be ECW, again.

I love WWE revisionist history.

Lackey? I missed that part. Looked like two old buds reuniting to me.

Michaels was acting like a sidekick while Triple H was setting up for the Pedigree, and the King of Kings music ending the segment, while the posing was just showcasing Triple H now that it wasn't the D-X chop. I dunno, it just came off that way to me.

maybe the music guy screwed up? or they are waiting for next weke for them to come out to the old song.

wierd thing is, DX was most popular when they turned face in 98 after shawn left so most of the boom period fans who came in during the mid 98 might not remember shawn in dx

plus they teased this already in 2002 when HHH turned on shawn during th dx promo in the ring.

But they did book this good I think. They hinted at it at mania with both Shawn and HHH doing the chop. Plus the slow-burn face turn for HHH. I don't know where they will go after vengeance, but it has been done well IMO.

The only way it would be better is if next week they cut a late 97 style promo with HBK making jokes and HHH cracking innuendos at every turn. But I doubt they will change the game characte back to the old one. Its just the name thing.

It's just like Diesel and SHawn reuniting in 95, 2 old friends who "broke up" and hated each other for years.

I guess in Kayfabe after Shawn got injured by the SS, HHH started to feel bad about that plus his growing hatred at Vince for his actions toward himself.

"McMahon didn't even acknowledge the WWE Title situation."

In kayfabe world, Vince McMahon has absolutely NOTHING he *can* say about the WWE Title.

He did mention it, and said that Paul E.'s claim that ECW now has the title is valid.

I guess the 2001 Invasion now has officially never happened (remember Austin the wwf champ defecting to WCW or the alliance or whatever)

I find it funny Flair goes off on Foley for being remembered for falling off the HIAC when it was Flair namedropped HBK earlier in the promo who *GASP* is remembered for doing the same exact thing.

It's just like Diesel and SHawn reuniting in 95, 2 old friends who "broke up" and hated each other for years.

Hate to nitpick here, but I wouldn't call 4 months "years" :P

Yet they always show that clip whenever they present an HBK Vs. ? PPV build-up video. Flair seems to forget Foley's had numerous good / great matches throughout his career without it being a Japanese Death Match.

don't know if this should go here, but I just watched the Vengeance press conference on wwe.com. Man its weird to see RVD announced as the WWE champion.

DX came out and (shawn did look weird doing the chop thing considering hes now mr christian) Shawn cut a vintage DX promo where he said that although they were back, anoth men had grown up and would not be doing stupid sophmoric things (at this point HHH gives Todd Grisham a wet willie) like giving a grown man a wedgie (HHH gives Todd the Michael Cole 97 special) or mooning people (HHH moons the crowd, then asks girls to flash). HHH then added that while back then they did it cuz they were young and didnt care, they will do it now cuz "theyre rich beyotch" (exact words)

Pretty funny stuff, though the mics weren't working well, which Trips later mocked by announcing the equipment would be on sale later for a cheap price.

I find it funny Flair goes off on Foley for being remembered for falling off the HIAC when it was Flair namedropped HBK earlier in the promo who *GASP* is remembered for doing the same exact thing.

Hate to nitpick here, but I wouldn't call 4 months "years" :P

well I meant in HHH and shawns case, I should have clarified that. but the dx reunion was very similar to the Diesel/Shawn one, even though it was years this time.