TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW TV Thread - June 13th 2006

Two hard cameras? Then on one hard camera you'd see the other camera staring back at the top of the screen, and even if it was tarped off...it would look stupid.

They need to just have a third touring group.

Like Sci-Fi message boards. "ECW IS COMING HAHA" Yeah they know, they're allowing them the timeslot to air their program.

Anyone else read this like Armando Alejandro Estrada? ECW IS COMING HA HA!!! Brilliant. The seperate touring group is going to be needed for sure.

The first showing being taped is not a bad idea, just to work out the production side of things.

In the OAO Raw thread I was going to point out (maybe I did, I forget) that the Sandman music thing was probably a money/legal issue. Obviously everyone in WWE knows the THE SANDMAN is probably best served by the music of the same name.

Not even the WWE is dumb enough to say "hey, let's just randomly change the music for no reason at all!"

Jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts is pretty lame, and a ton of people are guilty of that in this one. Business isn't always as straightforward as it appears. We only see what happens on the outside.

Guest Kobe24KGold

DAMMIT. SCIFI sucks already.

And, ECW will end up being WWEized whether we like it or not.

SHIT. SHIT SHIT

Now ECFuckingW will never everrrrrrrrrrrrr be live.

Not only that, but the SciFi censors are going to go ape shit, causing the whole show to be practically MUTED.

ECW with NO SOUND!!!

however, it will be LIVELIVELIVE.

ECW ECW ECW ECW!!!

Guest Kobe24KGold
It's okay if they don't censor the PPVs.

Since when has that ever happened?

Anyway, if they do try to censor everything, then the whole show will be pretty much on MUTE. And, when you take out the ECW crowd, you have SHIT.

I'm actually pretty pumped up for the show. After seeing some clips of ONS on RAW, I'm kinda sad I didn't order it. Are any of the matches on YouTube?

Or any other matches announced for tonight?

-Vince McMahon is going to continue to allow Paul Heyman to book ECW just as it used to be, in terms of the violence, action in the ring, and all of that. The reason for this is to hook in all of the old ECW fans who don't watch WWE, or any other wrestling for that matter, and to get them hooked on the new ECW brand. As of right now, that's only going to be the case for the next few months, after which they are going to slowly tone it down, simply because of the fear of injury.

So it's like the wrestling equivalent of Grapes of Wrath. Awesome.

SHIT. SHIT SHIT

Not only that, but the SciFi censors are going to go ape shit, causing the whole show to be practically MUTED.

ECW with NO SOUND!!!

ECW ECW ECW ECW!!!

jackyl.jpg

Up next STARGATE ATLANTIS!

Popups-Insider:

They have a curtain covering the Smackdown set and the small ECW entrance is set up on the right side of the set.

There's a ring with an ECW logo set up. There are two hard cameras set up where the Smackdown stage is.

Atlas Security at ringside.

There is also a small Titantron screen over the ECW entrance.

About as good as one could expect for this setup, I guess.

SHIT. SHIT SHIT

ECW with NO SOUND!!!

ECW ECW ECW ECW!!!

Overreact much? While it is stupid to advertise that the show's going to be live and then not do it, it makes sense for the first show so they can work everything out. It said this weeks show wouldnt be live, not the entire run.

Everyone who's crying "OMG ECW's dead already" before it even starts needs to shut the hell up and WAIT to see what happens. Watch the fucking shows and see what happens. It's gonna take a couple weeks probably to really get going.

Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free.

Here are some more notes from PWInsider, and it doesn't look like anything that will air at all so I think it's save to post this:

Mike Johnson is live at tonight's ECW and Smackdown taping in Trenton, New Jersey and will be sending in results from the show, as they happen.

There was a big ECW chant when the house lights went down.

Justin Roberts is the ring announcer for ECW, not Stephen DeAngelis. When he said the crowd would see Smackdown stars later tonight, the crowd booed.

Non-ECW Dark Match: Funaki pinned Simon Dean with a reversed small package.

They introduced Tazz and Joey Styles who came out to Tazz' ECW music.

Joey entered the ring. He asked the crowd if they knew tonight was the premiere of ECW. He said there's also a Smackdown taping and asked the ECW fans to keep the risqué chants to a minimum because of the families here to watch Smackdown, then gave an Oh My God!

Check back later for more results.

PWInsider.com will have a more detailed report on the debut of ECW on SciFi, as it happens, later tonight.

As for the part in bold:

-It's hard to tell on paper how that was meant. If it was meant in a sarcastic way just to get the crowd to do the chants that much more, then it's great.

-However, if Joey was told to go out there and say that, and actually mean it, then it's some of the dumbest bullshit I've ever heard of. Not only because they would be trying to tell the fans what they can and can't do, but also because they should know damn well that it'll make them want to do it more.

What's next? Wildcat Willie coming out so the camera can't see him holding up a "Boo" and "Cheer" sign?

WWE is already censoring the fans. If they are aware of how idiotic it is to have ECW taped before Smackdown, they should do something.

Why don't they just make every Monday a supershow? Move ECW and the smaller venues on Tuesday night with an hour delay...

It really wouldn't upset the balance they have right now.

WWE is already censoring the fans. If they are aware of how idiotic it is to have ECW taped before Smackdown, they should do something.

Why don't they just make every Monday a supershow? Move ECW and the smaller venues on Tuesday night with an hour delay...

It really wouldn't upset the balance they have right now.

<WWE>And lose the Smackdown Fist? Are you crazy?

Chirs, your sig is fucked up. RVD, Rey Mysterio, and Christian all being the world champs at the same time?

Wow.

What would have been more fun, IMO, is if Edge kept his title up to when Christian won the NWA title.

A Team ECK sig would have been great.

People, look on the bright side;

If the ECW/Smackdown tapings are dominated by ECW fans over and over, I think it will lead to ECW getting their own tapings. The best thing we can hope for RIGHT NOW is for every ECW fan, under every rock to turn up for the ECW tapings, once it is apparent that the majority of the crowd is there for ECW and not Smackdown, it could lead to some changes in the way ECW is taped. Just be glad that it looks like we have an ECW crowd in the house tonight and not a Smackdown crowd. It's not going to be perfect, especially in the beginning, but the one CONSTANT thus far in the ECW project has been the fans, and trust me, fans of ECW still remember what ECW was, and they aren't going to accept the new ECW if it is too WWE-ized. Especially the live crowds. Like Heyman said at ONS II, ECW is back BECAUSE OF THE FANS, the ones who bought the first ONS, the ones who go out and buy ECW dvds etc....and you can bet those are the folks showing up to the ECW shows to voice their opinion. McMahon can and will probably censor the fans reactions for TV purposes, but he will still see the real footage for himself, which should dictate ECW's future.

Chirs, your sig is fucked up. RVD, Rey Mysterio, and Christian all being the world champs at the same time?

Wow.

What would have been more fun, IMO, is if Edge kept his title up to when Christian won the NWA title.

A Team ECK sig would have been great.

Yeah, I was hoping for Edge/Christian/Angle to all be the champs at the same time.

I don't think we're going to tell much by this first show, or even the show next week. I'm going to reserve judgement on this ECW deal until the shows really start to take off after this WWE mess is finished up with. That is if they end this ECW/WWE stuff after the upcoming PPV. The purpose of these first few shows is just to get as many normal WWE viewers as possible.

I think I will be leaving this thread soon for a couple of hours, because for the first time in about a year or so, I really don't want to read the spoilers ahead of time, and would rather see it on TV...FIRST. Wow what a new concept...LOL. See everyone after the show :)