TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

NHL 2006 Off-Season...

I have heard various rumors that Jack Johnson doesn't want to play for the Carolina Hurricanes. I also heard that he said he would re-enter the NHL draft before he would sign with the 'Canes. If these rumors are true, which I feel they are, I suppose the 'Canes should try and gain some type of compensation for a player of Johnson's caliber.

The team has ALOT of confidence in Babchuk's ability to develop. They also recently signed Brett Carson, who has been impressive with his minor league club.

I don't know if Jordan Staal is what we need. I suppose they want to have Rod Brind'Amour's replacement in place for whenever he retires, which likely will be in another year or two, but I think there are bigger needs on the team to be addressed.

I'm not too high on Babchuk, but you're right, they should get something for Johnson.

I think Backstrom's what they need, not Staal, but I guess it would be good for keeping Eric around when he's a UFA.

I'm not too high on Babchuk, but you're right, they should get something for Johnson.

I think Backstrom's what they need, not Staal, but I guess it would be good for keeping Eric around when he's a UFA.

I agree with your assessment that they should look for help on defense, maybe this move means that they'll look to address defense in free agency.

There's a lot out there that doesn't cost a whole lot. Kubina, Mitchell and McKee for starters.

Pittsburgh signed Malkin and he'll be coming over next year.

I think he'll ask for 4, but that's not a lot compared to what Blake, Jovanovski, Chara and Redden are going to ask for. 4 million is going to be the rate for good but not very good d-men.

I don't think he's worth more than 3.5.

The Gonchar signing was one of the worst I've seen.

I've got Jovanovski at 5.5, same as what Blake will ask for. Chara's gonna get 7 and I don't want any part of it.

I'm hoping that the Kings get Luongo (6-6.5 is what he'll get) so that they don't spend 7.5 on Elias, because that's what people are talking about as far as his money figure goes. People will be overpaying huge this offseason.

What are Crosby, Ovechkin and Phaneuf going to get when their time comes?

Savard and Weight have the worst salaries on that page. Savard was good this year because Atlanta plays high-tempo hockey, that's all. They didn't make the playoffs playing that way either.

I think Doug Weight's decision will come down to whether he wants to attempt to win another Stanley Cup, in which case he would likely re-sign with Carolina, or if he wants to show loyalty to the St. Louis Blues and return to them.

"Gorton said last night that all qualifying offers had been issued, and anyone without one in hand by yesterday would not receive one. Peter Fish, the agent for Pat Leahy, said yesterday his client had not received a qualifying offer. Another of Fish's clients, unrestricted free agent defenseman Hal Gill, also had not yet received an offer."

-Globe 6/22.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I like them. They're inoffensive, lack a big obtuse logo and even though they have a black jersey, it actually looks good.

Old uniforms: 5/10

New uniforms: 8/10

still no match for the Red Wings white uniforms though. Those are an art piece.

In other news, Jose Theodore was seen going out with Paris Hilton, and his girlfriend kicked him out of his Montreal home.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2006/06/22/1647540-cp.html

Goalie's Hilton fling proves costly

MONTREAL (CP) -- Jose Theodore's girlfriend has apparently kicked him out after learning about a weekend fling with Paris Hilton.

The TQS French-language television network says that Stephanie Cloutier ended their eight-year relationship and kicked Colorado Avalanche goalie out of their Montreal home after learning about the affair.

Today's Le Journal de Montreal says the former Habs goalie and Cloutier picked up their daughter from hospital a day after the Toronto weekend.

The three-month-old girl had been in a children's hospital since being born prematurely.

The young family was supposed to spend the summer together in Denver.

Theodore has purchased a home there after being traded to the Avalanche.

"Non, cherie, you misunderstood...I spent a weekend AT the Paris Hilton, not WITH Paris Hilton."

What a scumbag. And this was a guy who wrote articles after being traded saying how homesick he was, and how every day he couldn't wait to get back to the house he was staying at to see pictures of his newborn that his gf was sending him by email.

Someone made a good crack at HF.

Paris and Theo have two things in common. They both suck and both let everything through their legs.

Theo's a sonofabitch anyway.

Some half news, Luongo's sad that the Panthers are talking about trading him. This guy is confusing.

Someone made a good crack at HF.

Paris and Theo have two things in common. They both suck and both let everything through their legs.

That was the funniest thing I heard in awhile.

Guest Felonies!
I like them. They're inoffensive, lack a big obtuse logo and even though they have a black jersey, it actually looks good.

Old uniforms: 5/10

New uniforms: 8/10

still no match for the Red Wings white uniforms though. Those are an art piece.

Homerish as it may sound, I think the Blackhawks have the coolest sweaters in hockey. They used to mean something; they're not worth wiping one's ass with these days. The old 1990s Maple Leafs white sweaters without the armpit vents (or whatever they are) or the big chunky Maple Leafs font were cool too. I don't know what it was then for the names, it was like blocky and rounded-off.

He got the Pearson. That one is much more important, because that means his peers think he's the best.

But really, Jagr was the MVP.

And I realize the playoffs aren't counted, but anybody who sawv the rangers in the playoffs could tell the Rangers were the worst team in the league without him.

But really, Jagr was the MVP.

And I realize the playoffs aren't counted, but anybody who sawv the rangers in the playoffs could tell the Rangers were the worst team in the league without him.

2585.gif

I beg your pardon?

A guy who'd probably be a second or third line centre elsewhere won the Richard, thanks to the playmaking of the Ross winner. The Sharks were well under .500 at the same time. They made the playoffs. That's MVP worthy.

I don't have a problem with Jagr getting the Pearson, however.