TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

OAO 6/20 ECW Week 2 Thread

PWInsider said WWE decided over the weekend to not do the 7/4 show from the ECW Arena due to "production restrictions". The main one being...

...they couldn't use pyro.

From PWInsider:

According to reports from inside the Pepsi Arena in Albany, New York, it would appear that ECW is going to be broadcast live tonight (or close to it) on SciFi. With less than 15 minutes before the show is scheduled to begin, the arena is set up for Smackdown, not ECW.

WWE had intended for ECW to be broadcast live last week, but concerns from the SciFi Network over the strong language used by fans at the One Night Stand Pay-per-view resulted in a last minute decision to tape ECW first, then hold the Smackdown tapings. There were no problems in regards to strong language at last week's show, with WWE even going so far as to ask the fans to not use foul language before the show began.

PWInsider.com will have live reports from tonight's tapings, with full Smackdown spoilers.

If it's to be broadcast live, what's the problem? Shouldn't the arena be set up for Smackdown and THEN changed over for ECW by 10?

If it's to be broadcast live, what's the problem? Shouldn't the arena be set up for Smackdown and THEN changed over for ECW by 10?

Who said it was a problem?

Guest Princess Leena

How long until this horrible show gets less replies than SD's. Soon, I hope.

I doubt if it ever gets less than Smackdown. Smackdown is just stuck in horrible timeslot land.

Guest hasbeen
I hope everybody cusses their hearts out..its 10pm for crying out loud.

But honestly..the crowd probably wont care one way or another.

They shouldn't have to curse. If they're as smart as they think, they should know F-this and that, especially in loud chants (you f-ed up, when a wrestler misses a move one of those fans could never do on the best day of his life) can get that show moved to midnight, or bleeped so much it would be too distracting and annoying to watch.

Guest hasbeen

Why?

I remember last week when I was watching the show, the first backstage segment they had. I was thinking how this was just like Raw and the show is going to blow cock and ECW is going to fail, blah blah blah. My gf walks in and says "What is wrong? You have a very worried face right now."

I tried to explain it to her, but she got bored and walked away.

The question is will the board crash again this week.

The board usually crashes for Mania's and big events, so in fact, last week may have been the very first time the board crashed because everyone wanted to express how utterly shit that show was.

Considering ECW has had exactly ONE bad show thus far, it would take about three years worth of bad shows to catch up to Smackdown.

The question is will the board crash again this week.

The board usually crashes for Mania's and big events, so in fact, last week may have been the very first time the board crashed because everyone wanted to express how utterly shit that show was.

The horror fans overloaded the board to explain all of the rules that the Zombie broke in his match.

Guest JumpinJackFlash
QUOTE(Princess Leena @ Jun 20 2006, 04:49 PM)

Considering ECW has had exactly ONE bad show thus far, it would take about three years worth of bad shows to catch up to Smackdown.

Priceless. :D

I hope everybody cusses their hearts out..its 10pm for crying out loud.

But honestly..the crowd probably wont care one way or another.

They shouldn't have to curse. If they're as smart as they think, they should know F-this and that, especially in loud chants (you f-ed up, when a wrestler misses a move one of those fans could never do on the best day of his life) can get that show moved to midnight, or bleeped so much it would be too distracting and annoying to watch.

Why would that stop the crowd? Then again its not really a ECW crowd, but why would that stop the crowd and do you actually think because of a crowd a show would be pushed back in a time slot?

Hopefully since ECW will be going on after Smackdown instead of Joey asking the crowd not to chant vulgar things because of kids, Joey can now come out and warn the crowd that the show is for more mature audience and that people with kids should leave or something. Fuck I don't know Joey should just warn people instead of asking them to now chant things.

Looks like they took all the chairs out and are having the fans stand to make a "tighter" appearence.

Oooh and now the darken the arena. Nice touch and I like how the front row is all bearded big biker men.