TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
benn

The OAO 6/26 Raw Thread

Monday night, RAW will be left to sort out the fallout from Vengeance when the Superstars head to Fayetteville, N.C.

At Vengeance, Edge failed to bring the WWE Championship home to RAW when he lost to Rob Van Dam. However, after John Cena’s victory over Sabu in an Extreme Lumberjack Match, RVD approached the man he won the gold from and offered him a rematch tonight on RAW. Of course, Cena quickly accepted and the match is on. Will he be the one who brings the championship back where it belongs?

Also at Vengeance, DX defeated the Spirit Squad in a 5-on-2 Handicap Match, even forcing Mitch to kiss Triple H’s ass after the match was over. As DX celebrated, however, Mr. McMahon stood on the stage and told Shawn Michaels & Triple H that he would see them tonight on RAW. Does the WWE Chairman have something else up his sleeve for the degenerates?

Plus, Johnny Nitro won a Triple Threat Match to become the Intercontinental Champion, stealing Carlito’s pin on Shelton Benjamin. Will the Caribbean Superstar or the former champion come looking for some payback tonight?

Find out all this and more on RAW, Monday night at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

- WWE.com

I demand a Umaga/Estrada vs. Kamala/Kim Chee tag team match. If not on this RAW, then somewhere during the build for Umaga/Kamala at Summerslam. :P

I don't care what else is on this show, just as long as Cena doesn't get the title back.

If RVD retains on Raw tomorrow night, all is forgiven. Of course, he won't, but he better at least lose by screwjob, or I'm going ballistic. If he jobs clean to Cena, I might quit watching Raw for good.

By the way, what the hell is supposed to be the Raw main event of Summerslam? Do they really think that Edge has any heat left after jobbing clean yet again? At this point, I think Edge/Cena would tank horribly.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
By the way, what the hell is supposed to be the Raw main event of Summerslam?

Cena defending the title against Triple H was the plan a while ago. With Triple H finally winning the title after not being champion for a year and a half.

I was thinking about the RVD/Cena match, and how I'd do it if I were booking. I think to work is has to be a ref screwjob. If someone interferes or Cena uses a weapon, it doesn't matter because under ECW rules, those would be legal anyway.

I think an ideal situation would be that Cena locks on that stupid STFU, and RVD stays in it for a good 15 or 20 seconds as the ref looks increasingly nervous. Finally, when it looks like he's starting to counter, the ref signals for the bell.

RVD does counter and when he finds out, unbleeped, he says "this is fucking bullshit", gives the ref as good of a punch as he can, and walks off. Vince would love the idea because they get to revisit the Montreal screwjob a little bit, Cena can say that he wasn't in on it, but it was only fair, since he got screwed when RVD beat him, and RVD can still be the strong "real world's champion" on ECW TV.

I'm sure that revisiting Montreal again won't be popular on these boards, but a fake submission is really about the only way I can think of for Cena to win the title without taking RVD's heat with him. The alternative is for the WWE ref to refuse to count a pinfall for RVD, but that turns Cena straight-up heel in the middle of the match, and doesn't allow him the same out that the other scenario does.

Supposedly Triple H nixed the plans for a program with Edge a week or two ago in favour of working with Orton instead. The plan was for Cena and Edge to feud at least over summer. But things seem to be changing all the time.

By the way, what the hell is supposed to be the Raw main event of Summerslam?

Cena defending the title against Triple H was the plan a while ago. With Triple H finally winning the title after not being champion for a year and a half.

Wasn't that before HHH turned face? I figured after all this, they would be so intent on protecting Cena that they wouldn't dare put him against someone who's likely to get cheered over him. Also, I think HHH/Orton is rumored for Summerslam. Given that HHH and Cena just main evented 2 of the last 3 Raw PPVs together, I'd think that's actually even worse than another Cena/Edge match.

I was thinking about the RVD/Cena match, and how I'd do it if I were booking. I think to work is has to be a ref screwjob. If someone interferes or Cena uses a weapon, it doesn't matter because under ECW rules, those would be legal anyway.

I think an ideal situation would be that Cena locks on that stupid STFU, and RVD stays in it for a good 15 or 20 seconds as the ref looks increasingly nervous. Finally, when it looks like he's starting to counter, the ref signals for the bell.

RVD does counter and when he finds out, unbleeped, he says "this is fucking bullshit", gives the ref as good of a punch as he can, and walks off. Vince would love the idea because they get to revisit the Montreal screwjob a little bit, Cena can say that he wasn't in on it, but it was only fair, since he got screwed when RVD beat him, and RVD can still be the strong "real world's champion" on ECW TV.

I'm sure that revisiting Montreal again won't be popular on these boards, but a fake submission is really about the only way I can think of for Cena to win the title without taking RVD's heat with him. The alternative is for the WWE ref to refuse to count a pinfall for RVD, but that turns Cena straight-up heel in the middle of the match, and doesn't allow him the same out that the other scenario does.

I brought up the possibility of a fast count in another thread and I don't really see another way to finish the match that makes sense and provides both guys with some degree of protection. Maybe make Edge the special guest referee and have him screw RVD and then attack Cena after the bell.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Wasn't that before HHH turned face? I figured after all this, they would be so intent on protecting Cena that they wouldn't dare put him against someone who's likely to get cheered over him. Also, I think HHH/Orton is rumored for Summerslam. Given that HHH and Cena just main evented 2 of the last 3 Raw PPVs together, I'd think that's actually even worse than another Cena/Edge match.

I think over the next 2 months leading to SummerSlam, the "DX reunion" will suck/fail/naturally lead to Triple H turning on Michaels (again) and getting his title shot at SummerSlam. Or maybe it'll be a three-way, with Cena/Orton/Triple H. I just don't see how stretching out Orton .VS. DX for 8 weeks will work. It'll be just like the Spirit Squad/DX feud...that's probably what they'll do, continue the feud and add Orton to help the Squad and make it 6 .VS. 2 for two months.

As long as any champ that isn't John Cena is still carrying around that dumb ass spinner belt, you know that Cena's getting it back within a few weeks of his defeat. I'll guarantee you that Triple H doesn't keep the spinner belt for more than 24 hours after he wins it back.

Well, RVD not changing the belt is funnier than Edge. He at least already has the ECW belt and mostly has the spinner belt to amuse himself.

There flat out has to be something more tonight than Cena just beating RVD clean. I'd have rather them just jobbed RVD to Edge last night rather than that scenario.

Oh lord "Lather, Rinse, Repeat" seems to be Vinnie Mac's motto doesn't it?

5 on 1 Spirit Squad vs HBK or Mitch vs HBK with loser kissing Mr. McMahon's ass for the Raw main event?

For the past few weeks, the guys at PWInsider have been saying that the plan is to have HHH/Orton here pretty damn soon. That's the main reason he moved to RAW and why he beat Kurt Angle last night, to keep him strong for his feud with HHH.

And yeah, HHH ended the idea of a program with Edge anytime soon, with his reasoning being that it isn't something they need to do out of nowhere and instead should build up to it over a period of time, to make it seem more important.

For the past few weeks, the guys at PWInsider have been saying that the plan is to have HHH/Orton here pretty damn soon. That's the main reason he moved to RAW and why he beat Kurt Angle last night, to keep him strong for his feud with HHH.

And yeah, HHH ended the idea of a program with Edge anytime soon, with his reasoning being that it isn't something they need to do out of nowhere and instead should build up to it over a period of time, to make it seem more important.

In HHH-speak that means "I don't want to job to Edge"

Anyhow RAW should be interesting tonight. It better be, SD has been blowing it away for the past month or so.

I'm just curious about those reports about a month back talking about how they wanted to do Harry Smith/HBK as early as Summerslam. Guess those plans are nixed unless they make Harry some heel ally of Orton's.

I do think that RVD will lose tonight, BUT, I think this is how they have to do it:

A lot of people thought that RVD would lose at the PPV, thus ending the cross promotion, but honestly, having RVD win the title at ONS (with Edge's help and Heyman making the 3-count) and then losing it on his first title defense would honestly make RVD and ECW as a whole look really weak. So by letting RVD get a clean win over Edge last night (in a great match nonetheless), gives ECW and RVD a much needed boost, because an ECW wrestler beat a WWE wrestler, and retained his title on a WWE PPV.

Now, in terms of tonight, RVD will have to be screwed out of the title in some crazy ass way, possibly a ref screwjob, tons of run-ins, anything really. After the match RVD gets on the mic and says "fuck this, I am done with WWE and this sports entertainment bullshit, you can see me defending my ECW WORLD TITLE on Tuesdays from now on", or at least something to that nature so it will give a big push for the ECW TV Show tomorrow night, and thus also ends a lot of the WWE cross promotion with the ECW TV Show, as well as not having RVD look horrible since he beat Edge clean last night, and lost tonight via screwjob.

I have no motivation to watch this show at all. The last few weeks have been lousy, the PPV last night seemed uninspired, there aren't any feuds that I really want to see, and the result of the title match isn't in any doubt.

Just went over to WWE.com and Shane & Vince vs DX is happening tonight.

As for the WWE title, I'm predicting that it will be a total clusterfuck of a finish, with Cena getting the title thus ending the cross promotion stuff....and Sabu really needs to go apeshit on people either tonight or tomorrow.

The way the have been protecting Cena and making him look so strong since loosing the belt, I see a clean pin win for cena- nuff unfortunately. I hope I am wrong. I havent seen enough talk / build up / hints for a screw job inish.

I will be so suprized and incredibly happy if RVD retains.

I like the idea of Cena winning by referee screwjob. Yeah, it would be rehashing Montreal again, but at least it's a finish they haven't done in quite a while.

What if...though, it's revealed eventually that Cena _did_ know about it ahead of time, thus turning him heel officially? They could re-do him into Vince McMahon's corporate chamion, and then have him feud with a face DX. Would at least be something a little different.

I like the idea of Cena winning by referee screwjob. Yeah, it would be rehashing Montreal again, but at least it's a finish they haven't done in quite a while.

What if...though, it's revealed eventually that Cena _did_ know about it ahead of time, thus turning him heel officially? They could re-do him into Vince McMahon's corporate chamion, and then have him feud with a face DX. Would at least be something a little different.

You just mentioned three things of the past that you wouldn't mind seeing again because it would be different. Montreal wouldn't be different, they have done Montreal finishes every year since 1997. They have done the corporate minded champion again since The Rock's Corporate Rock period. A Face squad against McMahon? It's been done over 100 times.

This isn't something different, it's the same recycled stuff.

Well one problem is I assume they'd do it with the STF, but doing a mega screwjob on RVD has several problems:

--The STF has the hands over the guy's mouth so you can't tell if he's yelling "I quit" or not, whereas with the Sharpshooter you could tell Bret never submitted.

--Cena right now is a face and if he's going to feud with Edge some more, chances are he'll stay a face.

--The idea that "Cena didn't know about the screwjob" is bullshit and likely would confuse people.

--Does Vince care? Let's face it, Vince has no sold RVD even having the belt. There hasn't been one mention of Vince being upset that RVD is now the champ, no effort to screw him in any way.

--There are other ways to do this. Why not have Edge come out and demand to be added to the match? RVD can lose the title in the 3 way, or he and Cena can both pin Edge and there it is.

If they're taking the belt off Van Dam and putting it back on Cena then I think they'll go the obvious route and have Edge cost Van Dam the belt and then they'll use that as a reason to keep Edge in the title picture.

Some others things they could do is have Edge screw RVD to keep Edge in the title picture, make it a 3-way where RVD and Cena pin Edge, or do some double team thing where Edge and Cena pin RVD, and there is a disputed finish, and at SS its edge vs cena for the title, with edge coming out on top, playing heel, and cena keeps chasing him. nonetheless, whatever happens, rvd needs to give a heated speech about being screwed after the match and then he will completely defect to ecw, and maybe sabu can come in there too and go bullshit on some people.

--Does Vince care? Let's face it, Vince has no sold RVD even having the belt. There hasn't been one mention of Vince being upset that RVD is now the champ, no effort to screw him in any way.

I agree 100%, Vince thus far doesn't even fucking care that RVD has the belt and is an "ECW" guy. I mean besides the 10 seconds he spent "addressing the state of WWE" He hasn't even acknowledged the title situation. He SHOULD, but he is all wrapped up in the stupid DX bullshit to have time I guess. So why would the WWE Ref even try to screw over RVD......to appease Jerry Lawler!?!

I still say that if they want to continue the ECW/WWE cross promotion, then RVD needs to retain the belt. I mean I am sorry but does anyone else think a BIGGER DEAL should be made out of the fact that RVD is holding the WWE Belt AND the ECW Belt? Shouldn't that be a bigger damn storyline then "Look I am mooning guys, ahahahahahahahaha, wow naked male ass hahahahahaha"

I can see RVD losing the WWE belt tonight, but it better not be clean.

The thing is that they've made a big deal about how "under ECW rules, anything goes" with the idea that that was the way RVD could beat Cena in the first place. Well, if RVD loses to Cena in a manner that would have been legal under ECW rules (like Edge interfering), then what is he? A second rate champion. He isn't "screwed", he's just inferior to Cena.

Oh, and the "hands over the mouth thing" is even better as WWE can just claim that RVD submitted, and let that be that, while on the ECW show, RVD can say he was screwed and he's the real world's champion. In fact, if they just show an angry RVD in the background as the credits roll on Raw, and then never mention it again there, that would also be a great finish.