TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampiro69

Fishing

I am curious if there are any people on the board that goes fishing. I figured that there would only be a couple of people that did, but I was curious who here did. I can't be the only one who fishes.

My girlfriend's dad always goes on those charter boats, where you pay a fee for the day and if you catch anything they filet the fish right there on the boat for you, so I always call that HYBRID fishing, lol.

He always invites me, but with too little of notice. I will make it out there one of these days though.

I fished a few times off the Gulf of Mexico -- I think the largest I ever caught was a 7-9 inch sea bass. Another time I was on this boat and this guy was trying to bring in a barracuda. He was fighting this fish tooth and nail, looking like he was ready to be thrown overboard. He then turns to me, a 8-9 year-old kid at the time, and asked if I wanted to take over. I think he wanted to use me as bait for even bigger fish so I declined.

Oklahoma supposedly has more coastline than any other place in the country because we have so many damn lakes.

I've been fishing only a handful of times but I've never caught anything good because I never had a boat and had to fish off the shore. Caught like small perch and bass and the occasional catfish.

"I think we should fish five days of the week and work for two" LOL

The girlfriend and I have gone a few times in the last few months, mostly fishing off of bridges in Matlacha.

Went fishing this morning and caught a Northern Pike that was 31 inches long and 7 pounds. It took about 10 minutes for me to land the thing.

I've never been deep sea fishing, but whenever I go to one of the local shitholes, I never catch anything.

I think I've caught two fish in my entire life.