TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW TV Week 3 Thread - June/27th/2006.

I can't freakin' believe out of all of the images that I post, this is one of the few that's actually eventually removed because of "high-bandiwdth usage":

ecwsandmanugh6tj.gif

Lita is one fugly bitch! What a mug! I cant believe so many guys use to find her attractive

Lita brings the trashy slutty hotness like nobody else.

Trashy sluts are not hot.

To each his own. I think she can be pretty smokin' hot and so do several other posters here.

Add me to the list.

Slutty Lita > Punk Rock Lita

People, people please . . . A rehash of last week? So what? They need to develop rutines so the crowd sees what these guys are all about. Did it develop new storylines? Yes. Debut more new guys? Yes. Have good wrestling? Yes. It is leagues of anything you will see on RAW.

I thought Angle/RVD was WWE's match of the year so far. Entertained the hell out of me.

The WWE crowd seemed to buy what this show was about. That's what they want to do anyway, since the ECW faithfull crapped all over the house ahow. But if those idiots are willing to give Vince money just to chant "this show sucks," the hell with them.

I find it insanely funny how the ECW/SD crowd love RVD, while the RAW crowd hates him. Marks are incredibly stupid. "We hated Cena for a while, but by gorsh I'll cheer for him now 'cause I gotta stay faithful to RAW."

I thought the show was solid. There is still plenty of room for improvement, but with matches like Sabu vs. Roadkill, and RVD vs. Angle... You can't go wrong.

I'm still waiting for Punk to debut.

Guest MrBriggs
Kelly's segments are really killing the show. It'd be one thing if she was actually dancing, but the way she moves is equivalent to lighty tapping a bowl of Jello.

S_D, this is the absolute truth. It shakes even less than the jello & water in Jurassic Park. :( stupid bitch

ecwsandmanugh6tj.gif

Ok, that's my new avatar

Guest nokia

Is it wrong of me to be semi pissed that Danny Dorring & Roadkill both jobbed this week?

Is it wrong of me to be semi pissed that Danny Dorring & Roadkill both jobbed this week?

You know I was kinda wondering the same thing, but Roadkill didn't really job to Sabu if you think about it. He still came out looking strong in the match. Roadkill kicked out of a lot and didn't tap out to the first camel clutch. Danny Doring on the other hand did job and didn't get much offense in the match, well that I saw anyways. I don't like the fact that he jobbed the way he did, but with a limited roster theres only so much you can do.

...you know, with this reformation of DX and Heyman's booking qualities paired with the comedy stylings of Dancin Stevie...

I think it's time the bWo came back out and begin to mock DX and this SciFi shit...

I was thinking that. Maybe they call it bWx or something. It would be hillarious if Stevie played HBK, and Blue Meanie was Triple H.

Blue-Generation X.

It's golden.

The thing is, it's such a good idea, that I doubt it will happen.

We'll see.

Did Knox do a Yakuza kick?

This is the WWE so let's call it the move #3 of the 5 moves learned from OVW.

But he's from DSW.

Big freakin' difference.

--The feeling this week, and this was strong, even though it changes daily, is that Vince McMahon is taking full control of ECW and taking it in his direction after giving Paul Heyman a measure of power last week.

I thought Angle/RVD was WWE's match of the year so far. Entertained the hell out of me.

Let's not get carried away here. I'm as big of an Angle mark as anyone, but I don't think it was anywhere near MOTY territory. In fact, I'd say that the RVD/Cena match from Raw and the tag match from ECW TV the week before were both better.

--The feeling this week, and this was strong, even though it changes daily, is that Vince McMahon is taking full control of ECW and taking it in his direction after giving Paul Heyman a measure of power last week.

Its going to be a constent battle for power for a LONG while.

Well, that was a decent two weeks of life. Hopefully that doesn't last or this is deader than dead.

Well since everyone has chimed in on Kelly, I guess I will. If her damn segments were just a little bit shorter, then I could write it off as harmless, but why do need her to dance around for a good 5 mins before she even removes her blouse? The segments drag and it really kills the crowd dead. Also, the fact that it is a weekly segment is rather lame. No reason we need to see it over and over again.

I like the idea someone said about maybe having an ECW flashback segment, kind of like the WWE does the "This Day in WWE history" or whatever. It could serve purpose in not only getting over the current roster, but if they want to bring anyone else in that used to be in ECW, it could get them over.

Sabu vs. Roadkill was a solid match. I think they are trying to build Sabu here, and I am hoping each consecutive match he has every week becomes more competative. His match against Mamaluke was almost a squash, but against Roadkill it was actually a match, maybe next week the match will be even tougher for Sabu.

The Dreamer/Big Show storyline reminds me of the angle in ECW where Sandman caned the hell out of Dreamer and he kept asking for more to show he was "Hardcore" It seems like they are doing that over again, except instead of a match, they are doing it over the course of the weekly show. The problem is, the beatdowns should get more severe every week. I mean this week's beatdown seemed like it was EXACTLY the same as last week. If the same thing happens next week, Big Show should top it off with tossing Dreamer through a table or something.

I loved how Tazz/Styles could hardly keep from laughing when talking about the Vampire flying all over the country to stalk ECW.

Test is coming *gag*

The Sandman segment this week was disturbing, but Sandman's reaction MADE the segment, even more then the actual beatdown. The way he was reacting like he was just in disbelief was hilarious.

The Main event was good, it started slow and built to a good ending. RVD going over clean was a nice touch, as I figured Edge was going to factor into the ending. From a business standpoint, you have to be happy for Angle/RVD because they took a crowd that was losing it, and turned them all onto the match and had them excited for the finish. And I applaud the guys in the crowd that responded to the "We Want Cena" Chant with a "No We Don't" Retort.

What does "last week" mean, are they referring to Week 2? Because it sure seems whoever booked Week 2, also had control of Week 3. Week 1 was much more of a McMahon/Gerwitz produced show. Unless they are referring to "last week" as yesterday's show, OR Vince did book the show this week but didn't feel the need to change much.

Someone sent in a Smackdown/ECW report to wrestlingobserver saying after he went home to watch the broadcast, it seemed obvious that the crowd mics were turned way down for the ECW broadcast, because they crowd was a hell of a lot more hot for the show then it came off on TV.(I would imagine Vince is doing this in fear of vulgar chants) He also said all the Cena chants were coming from women and children in the upper-deck and he mentioned the "No We Don't" Chants.

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/h...t.asp?aID=16684

This is a really minor thing of course, but did anyone else think it looked really stupid for Tazz and Joey to be announcing the match and not even looking at the ring?

I'll post this here also, since most of it has to do with ECW. From PWInsider:

-On the topic of Orlando Jordan, the guy in the pictures is indeed the guy that got OJ fired and it's still rumored (more than a rumor really), that the guy with OJ was/is indeed underage, and THAT'S why they fired him, along with him not telling anyone that he was bringing him backstage and all of that, not just because he's gay.

-There was a meeting between Vince, Dunn, and Heyman about ECW and changes being made. The decision has been made to move away from ALL of the old ECW concepts, characters, fans, and everything else and instead to simply 100% form ECW as just another brand for WWE, simply with the ECW name. In Vince's eyes, the old ECW fan base is dead and largely gone and he's going to go forward with things with that in mind.

-This week Heyman put the show together, but when they actually got to the show Vince and the rest of WWE creative tore apart Heyman's ideas, and as a result we got the show that we saw. Heyman did book the Sabu segment, as well as the RVD/Angle segment, but the rest of the show (you know, the entire middle part that everyone hated) was because of Vince and the rest of creative.

-Paul Heyman was not at the gorilla position last night, and Vince was the guy running around running things. Paul kept mainly to himself over on the sidelines, and when someone would come up to him and ask him for feedback or whatever he was open and gave his opinion, but other than that it was more obvious than ever that he is no longer the "mad genius behind ECW".

-They spoke to a lot of people, just people who work for RAW and SD, and they are like "It's not ECW, it's just a continuation of RAW and SD. This isn't good for the ECW wrestlers, and it's not good for the fans." Even people that were not involved in ECW back in the day are ticked that this is what ECW has become now, because they were also hoping for a more old school ECW style of program, in hopes that it would have flooded over and then have allowed workers on RAW and SD to finally go outside of the box more often with their style.

-Another question they've asked people in WWECW was about what happens to guys that have been "Paul Heyman projects", like Mike Knox and CM Punk. The response to that was that they still want Heyman to try and develop characters, but he has been told to change his style to go more along with the WWE style of character creation/development.

-Another thing asked as about if Paul Heyman loses power if Dreamer has anything to gain, and that's not the case. Tommy Dreamer no longer has any control over anything at all and he's now just another wrestler, just like he's always been on TV in WWE. It's been said that the reality has set in for Tommy now, and part of his passion that he had for ECW coming back has now died out a bit. It has hurt him a great deal.

-There was a lot of former ECW people who were not at the show last night. Pretty much the people you saw on TV last night who were former ECW people is the ECW people who were actually at the show. They don't know if this means anything other than they didn't have anything to use them for on TV this week.

-The view right now by many in power in WWE is "why do we need a Danny Doring, Justin Credible, Steven DeAngelis, the refs, etc... when we have fifty workers in OVW, DSW, etc...?"

-The reason for all of this is because when this project first started up, Paul Heyman and Tommy Dreamer had a ton of power, and the plan was for them to really be the main creative bookers and they planned to used all of the former ECW guys in big ways. Now that Paul Heyman is really nothing more than a symbolic head writer (since Vince and WWE creative go through his work and destroy most of it) and Tommy Dreamer has no power at all anymore, creative just doesn't see the need for most of the former ECW guys.

-Already, most of the ECW refs are on the way out.

-Kurt Angle will be taking time off very soon. As of late, Kurt Angle has been walking around like "the walking dead". People say that he's hurting all over all the time, but being injured isn't what he's taking time off for, and instead it's because of some sort of personal issue.

-Kurt Angle stayed totally to himself at the last ECW show Tuesday night and hasn't been sociable at all with anyone in ECW. He also showed up very late for the ECW show at the ECW Arena. They speculate that Kurt Angle is now looking at everything like this just isn't worth his time anymore (being in ECW that is).

-They talked to a number of people in the company about the "male stripper". As reported before, he is a member of creative, and he's one of the most hated guys in the company. People backstage were actually cheering Sandman doing that, and were actually wishing that he was a lot stiffer on the guy. Many people who weren't Sandman fans before last night, are now.

-When the SD guys showed up for the house show Saturday night, guys were pulled to the side for drug tests, the first time it's happened at a house show. It really shocked a bunch of the workers.

-Gunner Scott has been told that he's not working out right now, and he'll be going back to OVW for now. He'll more than likely be brought back, but for now he's being demoted.

Poor Vince, the ECW fans bruised his ego by not accepting his crap and so in his mind, they are dead and gone. Maybe he can just turn ECW into a hour long Diva search program.

So for those who said Rhyno and the Dudleys were stupid for not coming back to the new ECW, I think most of them saw the writing on the wall before it started. They knew Paul and Tommy would not have control for long. Now Paul has to accept that he is going to have to sell whatever this deformed creature is going to become as "ECW".

They won't accept his characters, they won't listen to his ideas, and Paul is just basically dead in the water. And when the Vince direction fails, which it will, they will just say it was the ECW name and they'll send in Randy Orton to finish it off.

I wonder who Vince thinks bought the ONS PPVS, and who made the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD the hottest selling "WWE" DVD of it's time? Does he really think it was WWE marks that bought all that stuff?

So why is Heyman even employed then? Just as a figurehead so people actually think they are watching "ECW"?

Jesus, Vince can be a blockhead sometimes. Oh well this is his pet project, so if it crashes and burns, he can look in the mirror at his own stubborn self.

I just so don't understand why he wouldn't take the oppurtunity to make the ECW brand an alternative brand that would take business away from TNA, ROH, and other indy promotions, that are basically the leftovers we have now from what ECW was in the past.

I love how this went from, "Heyman will be booking ECW", to, "Vince wants his vision of ECW to be carried out", and in ONLY 3 WEEKS(The last 2 of which have been pretty decent) has turned into, "ECW is Dead, the fanbase is dead, ECW is simply going to be a third WWE show"

Vince = Stupid

With all of this bad news, I still want to make clear that I loved the opening and ending of the last show. Out of one hour of wrestling programing, I flat out loved 50% of it. That's a hell of a lot more than I can say about most episodes of RAW, ya know? If we keep having a hot opening with a solid main event, I'll be tuning in week after week.