TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest messiahtype

Wrestlers with extreme heat and where and why it started?..

How about Owen Hart and everyone else backstage that had refused to work with him prior to his death? Sure, it's obvious why Austin wanted nothing to do for him after the neck injury, but reportedly Michaels, Triple H, and others wanted nothing to do with him either. What was the deal there?

I had never heard that. Austin and DX aren't surprising, but a lot of people refused to work with him?

I'm only saying this because I hate when people respond to something with this:

WHY IS THIS IN THE WWE FOLDER?

I don't really care. It's an interesting subject. I'm just surprised someone hasn't said it already

I remember when Owen returned after Bret left and attacked Shawn after his ppv match with shamrock. He did an interview the next night and then they put him with the Nation, which made perfect sense

So yeah Im assuming they put the kibosh on some plans there, as they couldve done big things with Owen but didnt

It still doesnt make any sense why Vince wouldnt let him ou of his contract.

He stayed pretty over despite not untilizing him because he was so damn good, reminds me of how Matt Hardy is treated now

Shawn refused to work with Owen after Shawn had his fight with Bret. Austin didn't want to work with him after the accident at Summerslam, but nobody else did. After Owen came back in December, the plan was for Owen to beat Shawn for the European Title to set up a series WWF Title matches at house shows, but Shawn refused to drop the belt to Owen and instead we had that 'match' where Shawn literally laid down for Hunter.

About HBK''s whining the next night, Michaels was just being a fucking bitch because Hogan wouldn't job to him. WTF was he expecting?

The only person Matt Hardy should be mad at is himself. How could he not know that he would be turned into a jobber once returing. If Hardy thought he would get a strong push, he's blind as a bat.

Don't forget he didn't sell for the Undertaker at SSeries, which further covered his burial.

Hogan / Savage - Well, for one thing, Hogan never jobbed to Savage properly ever (pinfall) out of all their years of feuding so I can see why that would piss Savage off. Then Savage accused Hogan of having an affair with Elizabeth and blamed him for the failure of his marriage. Savage then came out with that silly rap CD saying he wanted to kick Hogan's ass. Confronted backstage by Hogan at a TNA show, Savage turned into a little bitch when Hogan offered to give him the fight he so badly wanted, LOL.

I don't think Savage thought Hogan and Liz were having an affair. I think what happened was Liz became friends with Hogan's wife Linda, and Liz confided in her that she wasn't happy with the marriage, and Linda told her that she didn't need Randy and that if she wasn't happy she should leave him. So Savage blamed Hogan and his wife for the breakup. I may be completely wrong about this. I'm sure HTQ knows. Brother, help me out!

You're pretty much completely accurate.

Re: Goldberg refusing to work with Jericho in WCW: That was down to Nash getting in Goldberg's ear. Jericho was getting pretty hot at the time, so you can work out for yourself why Nash talked Goldberg out of the program with Jericho.

Re: Shawn and Hogan: It was meant to be a two match program, with one match at Summerslam and the second either the next night on Raw or the next month at Unforgiven in a cage match, depending on where in the timeline you're talking about. Shawn suggested either a cheap win or a DQ win at Summerslam to set up the rematch at Unforgiven. Hogan refused and insisted on a the pinfall win. He was open to doing a cage match the next month, and was willing to do a photo finish ending where he'd get out of the cage a split second ahead of Shawn, but he refused to loss. This upset Shawn a great deal, but there was nothing he could do about it. So, the next night, Shawn did the promo he did burying Hogan. Vince OK'd the promo and was somewhat eager that it happen, because he's always had a thing for ruffling feathers over personal issues to get his kicks.

I do have to wonder if Matt knows how much of a bitter bitch he sounds like whenever the Edge/Lita thing is brought up. My lord, just don't talk about the issue for your own sake man. And he looks like a pussy whipped wimp whenever he puts all the blame on Edge and totally gives Lita the benefit on the doubt. Bah.
I'm not sure how you draw the conclusion that he gave her the benefit of the doubt just because he appears to have forgiven her. Didn't he pretty much say that the reason that they are back on friendly terms is that she admitted that what she did was wrong? How does that equate to giving her the benefit of the doubt?

As hard as it might be to fathom, sometimes people do forgive the people that cheat on them; turn the other cheek, and all that... Now, that's not saying that he would forgive Edge if he admitted fault, but it seems to me that he definitely stated that he forgave Lita at least in part because she took responsibility for her actions, whereas Edge didn't admit any wrongdoing.

He knocked him silly - well damn all these years of Warrior being weird and it's all because Rude punched him in the head ;)

I think Shawn/HHH refusing to work that much with Owen is quite obvious after Montreal and Bret and everything.

It's not hard to think what would be going through HBK's head when he pictures a spot where he has to take a piledriver from Bret Hart's brother.

He knocked him silly - well damn all these years of Warrior being weird and it's all because Rude punched him in the head ;)

I think Shawn/HHH refusing to work that much with Owen is quite obvious after Montreal and Bret and everything.

It's not hard to think what would be going through HBK's head when he pictures a spot where he has to take a piledriver from Bret Hart's brother.

Yes, because Owen really liked going around and intentionally breaking necks with botched piledrivers.

I do have to wonder if Matt knows how much of a bitter bitch he sounds like whenever the Edge/Lita thing is brought up. My lord, just don't talk about the issue for your own sake man. And he looks like a pussy whipped wimp whenever he puts all the blame on Edge and totally gives Lita the benefit on the doubt. Bah.

I'm not sure how you draw the conclusion that he gave her the benefit of the doubt just because he appears to have forgiven her. Didn't he pretty much say that the reason that they are back on friendly terms is that she admitted that what she did was wrong? How does that equate to giving her the benefit of the doubt?

As hard as it might be to fathom, sometimes people do forgive the people that cheat on them; turn the other cheek, and all that... Now, that's not saying that he would forgive Edge if he admitted fault, but it seems to me that he definitely stated that he forgave Lita at least in part because she took responsibility for her actions, whereas Edge didn't admit any wrongdoing.

Not that I want to dwell on this subject, but come on dude.

"She's in a totally different place to when she was sucked in by my lying, betraying former friend."

Poor little Lita was just sucked in by evil Edge! EVIL EDGE! It's obvious he puts much more of the blame on Edge.

ANYWAYS, any answers on that Jericho/Trips question to Metz's most loyal?

Austin, on the way to becoming the biggest star in the business, has a right to not want to work Owen when Owen was sloppy, paralyzed him, almost ended his career, caused multiple surgeries throughout his life, and totally altered his ability to take upper-back/neck bumps for the rest of his life.

Not that I want to dwell on this subject, but come on dude.

"She's in a totally different place to when she was sucked in by my lying, betraying former friend."

Poor little Lita was just sucked in by evil Edge! EVIL EDGE! It's obvious he puts much more of the blame on Edge.

Since when does putting more blame on Edge the same as giving Lita a free pass? When did he say that he doesn't find her at fault?

Yes, because Owen really liked going around and intentionally breaking necks with botched piledrivers.

Did he really now? Explain this to me in detail.

I didn't say that Owen would have intentionally done anything. But that Micheals refused to work with him strongly suggests that he (Micheals) was worried that he might. Paranoia? Maybe. But if I were in his shoes I wouldn't work with anybody who had a rep for being tight with Bret Hart.

LOL it's also a sign of how inflated Shawn's ego is - "Oh he's a friend of Bret his first and foremost thought is to hurt me because I am da Heelz LOLZ!"

Maybe it's because Shawn despised Bret and by proxy his entire family and would rather not have Owen elevated? More so than the injury posibility.

Guest messiahtype

i havent gone throught the entire thread yey. but if it hasnt been mentioned, what does vince/bruno's heat stem from?

LOL it's also a sign of how inflated Shawn's ego is - "Oh he's a friend of Bret his first and foremost thought is to hurt me because I am da Heelz LOLZ!"

Maybe it's because Shawn despised Bret and by proxy his entire family and would rather not have Owen elevated? More so than the injury posibility.

Are you serious? Shawn Michaels screwed over and embarassed Owen's brother! It would certainly seem reasonable for Owen to try to get some measure of revenge for it, whether he actually WOULD choose to do so or not. The family ties between Owen and Bret were very strong, so Shawn was understandably wary of putting himself in the ring with someone so close to Bret -- and someone who, through sloppiness, had already nearly paralyzed a wrestler in Steve Austin. I don't fault him for not going along with this Shawn/Owen feud. Yes, call it paranoia, but he was right to look out for himself and his well-being in this situation.

reasonable to get revenge? as in PHYSICALLY hurt him? nah that's where the "reasonable road" ends because that's not a reasonable way to react to something

unless you're in grade school or you're some thug or you have the mentality of a grade school thug . . . so I can see why Shawn may actually have thought that upon reflection.

reasonable to get revenge? as in PHYSICALLY hurt him? nah that's where the "reasonable road" ends because that's not a reasonable way to react to something

unless you're in grade school or you're some thug or you have the mentality of a grade school thug . . . so I can see why Shawn may actually have thought that upon reflection.

Well, I guess you can call me a thug, then... because if I was in Owen's shoes, and I had the chance to do so, you can bet your ass that *I* would have taken liberties with him.

Guest BrokenWings

Every time this gets brought up, no one ever mentions the fact that Owen told Austin that he drops to his ass. Austin still assumed he would drop to his knees, for whatever reason. He picked Austin up to in a manner of which to drop to his ass, rather than going for a tombstone. They did not agree on the spot, each leaving with their own perception of how it would go, and thus shouldn't have done it.

To say that Owen was a sloppy wrestler, overall, is wrong and unjust. Accidents happen. It could, and should, have been prevented by both guys in the ring.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Bruno is old school and didn't like Vince pushing entertainment over wrestling, plus he was pushing the boys to work extreme schedules and looked the other way at the rampant drug and steroid abuse in the locker room.

Plus he tricked Bruno into unretiring twice with promises of a David Sammartino push.

Plus Bruno was a loyalist to Vince Sr. Junior was a teen when Bruno 1st came to the WWWF.

Well, I guess you can call me a thug, then... because if I was in Owen's shoes, and I had the chance to do so, you can bet your ass that *I* would have taken liberties with him.

I guess that's just shows the differene between people - you'd beat up someone for tricking your brother to lose a title that's decided by a booker anyways and not actually a legitimate sports title and then make fun of his while he went off to a HUGE Turner payday.

To each his own I suppose.

I guess that's just shows the differene between people - you'd beat up someone for tricking your brother to lose a title that's decided by a booker anyways and not actually a legitimate sports title and then make fun of his while he went off to a HUGE Turner payday.
I'd beat someone up because blood is thicker than water, and the enemy of my brother is my enemy, too.

Worked sport or not, I don't think that there's any question that Bret and Shawn are enemies; Shawn would probably screw Bret over just for the hell of it, given the chance. And, if Bret was my brother and I had the opportunity to get some getback? Damn straight I would.

Shawn not putting Owen over had nothing to do with Bret or Owen personally.

Shawn wasn't putting ANYONE over. Period.

I'd beat someone up because blood is thicker than water, and the enemy of my brother is my enemy, too.

Worked sport or not, I don't think that there's any question that Bret and Shawn are enemies; Shawn would probably screw Bret over just for the hell of it, given the chance. And, if Bret was my brother and I had the opportunity to get some getback? Damn straight I would.

Well thank god you are not a wrestler then, because that is totally unprofessional. Even Shawn and Bret in the ring together didn't jepordize each other's body. Nobody has the right to intentionally injure someone in the ring. If someone is that determined to injure someone, don't be a pussy and do it in the ring when you can use it being "an accident" to cover up what you did.

I never said that I'd wait to do it in the ring; I'm just saying that I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to do it in the ring, too.

Basically, If I was in Owen's shoes, I'd fuck him up on sight, every time I saw him.

Re: Shawn and Hogan: It was meant to be a two match program, with one match at Summerslam and the second either the next night on Raw or the next month at Unforgiven in a cage match, depending on where in the timeline you're talking about. Shawn suggested either a cheap win or a DQ win at Summerslam to set up the rematch at Unforgiven. Hogan refused and insisted on a the pinfall win. He was open to doing a cage match the next month, and was willing to do a photo finish ending where he'd get out of the cage a split second ahead of Shawn, but he refused to loss. This upset Shawn a great deal, but there was nothing he could do about it. So, the next night, Shawn did the promo he did burying Hogan. Vince OK'd the promo and was somewhat eager that it happen, because he's always had a thing for ruffling feathers over personal issues to get his kicks.

I remember someone posting last year that Shawn should have agreed to this booking and then in the cage match at Unforgiven suddenly bolt out of the door as Hogan was climbing out and thus "screw" Hogan and win the match. I would have loved to have seen that happen just to see Hogan's reaction on live pay-per-view.

I remember someone posting last year that Shawn should have agreed to this booking and then in the cage match at Unforgiven suddenly bolt out of the door as Hogan was climbing out and thus "screw" Hogan and win the match. I would have loved to have seen that happen just to see Hogan's reaction on live pay-per-view.

If they ever screwed Hogan like this, I'll buy every WWE product for the next ten years.