TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - July/24th/2006.

Will Hulkamania run wild?

The legend of all legends Hulk Hogan will be coming to Monday night Raw. Last week, at Saturday Night's Main Event, Hogan accepted a friendly challenge for SummerSlam against Randy Orton. However, later that night the "Legend Killer" showed his true colors when he hit the Hulkster with an unsuspecting RKO on the truck of his own car. Will Hogan be able to wait until SummerSlam to settle the score?

Mr. McMahon tried to divide and conquer DX on Raw when he put Shawn Michaels in a match with his son Shane. But after the Spirit Squad teamed with Shane for a six-on-one beating on HBK, "The Game" came into the ring and cleaned house with his sledgehammer. With yet another plot to destroy DX foiled, does "The Chairman" have anymore tricks up his sleeve?

Mr. McMahon's not the only one out for revenge. After nearly losing his WWE Championship to John Cena at Saturday Night's Main Event, Edge showed up at Raw to sabotage Cena's match with Umaga. Will Cena retaliate when Raw comes to Cleveland, Ohio?

Amy Zidian was the first to get eliminated from the 2006 $250,000 Diva Search Contest. After Friday night Smackdown's Diva Dance-Off, which one of the seven remaining finalists will be the next to go? Find out on a live edition of Monday night Raw, 9pm/8pm CT on the USA Network.

Fuck Hogan and his stupid creative control. Who exactly does it help to have Orton job to him? Who is going to be on RAW the night after Summerslam, Orton or Hogan? Bah

RKO'ed on the truck of his own car? Do some proofreading, WWE.

Let me guess: This Raw turns out like every other Raw this year.

40% Michaels vs. McMahon in some capacity

20% WWE title picture, most likely portrayed as a disntant second to item #1 in terms of importance

20% Diva Search (Replacing an extra 20% of traditional filler)

10% traditional filler (IC stuff, Umaga squash, random divas tag)

10% Miscellaneous

=

100% shit

Still gonna watch it though.....

Same here, although I will record it so I can skip the Diva crap later that evening.

Guest Princess Leena

I'm only interested in seeing Randall get the upper hand before jobbing at SS...

And maybe Shelton and Umaga.

Guest netslob

goddammit, can't that orange fucker GO AWAY? how much more money do you need, you prick? oh that's right, you gotta whore you daughter out to us, yet another fuckin Spears clone. super.

screw it, i'm hittin a bar.

RKO'ed on the truck of his own car? Do some proofreading, WWE.

Let me guess: This Raw turns out like every other Raw this year.

40% Michaels vs. McMahon in some capacity

20% WWE title picture, most likely portrayed as a disntant second to item #1 in terms of importance

20% Diva Search (Replacing an extra 20% of traditional filler)

10% traditional filler (IC stuff, Umaga squash, random divas tag)

10% Miscellaneous

=

100% shit

Its more like:

35% Brooke Hogan's tittys bouncing while Orton beats up the orange goblin

35% DX gay dick jokes about Mr. McMahon

20% Divas acting dumb and the Miz studdering his lines

10% Lita's titys bouncing while Edge annoys Cena

+/- overrun error margin for Foley/Flair taped interviews

Tonights Sponsor

Fuck Hogan and his stupid creative control. Who exactly does it help to have Orton job to him? Who is going to be on RAW the night after Summerslam, Orton or Hogan? Bah

Exactly.

Brooke's gotten plenty of publicity over this already, including a music video aired on a big 4 station in primetime. Hogan does not have to get up and work for Vince the day after Summerslam. Let alone the fact Orton is more than likely the future of the company. (After all, his "punishment" did result in a move to the bigger show and a win over Angle.)

Want Brooke to get publicity? Have her turn on Hulk at SS. I realise Hulk wouldn't have it in a million years, but with all the mainstream media that will likely be at SS over this, THAT would get people talking.

Steph has gone into labour, HHH and Vince have gone back home to be with her forcing major re-writes of the show according to PWInsider.....

I'am afraid to watch this show, the little bit exciment left in me after Booker winning the title last night would be washed away at the sight of Hulk Hogan and his daughter. ugh. thank god I'am working tonight or I would have watched anyways.

Steph has gone into labour, HHH and Vince have gone back home to be with her forcing major re-writes of the show according to PWInsider.....

Hmmm...maybe it will be a good show. I just hope they don't end up giving us some skit tonight or down the line about the birth. I really don't want any more flashbacks to Mae Young splayed out on that table.

"In a piece of breaking news, word has been received that Stephanie McMahon, who was backstage at the venue for tonight's RAW, has gone into labor.

Tonight's show therefore will need re-writing to some degree as Vince McMahon and Stephanie's husband Triple H are going back to Connecticut to be with her." - LordsofPain.net

As reported earlier, Stephanie McMahon has gone into labor and both Vince McMahon and Triple H have decided to be with her and thus won't be on RAW tonight. Some speculated earlier than if WWE wanted to continue the McMahons/DX angle tonight on RAW, it would be up to Shane McMahon and Shawn Michaels. However, it appears Shane McMahon is also not at RAW tonight.

Credit: PWInsider.com

No McMahons or HHH tonight? This almost has potential to be decent.

It means extended Diva Search segment and more Smackdown Rebounds and more ECW highlights. Hope you enjoy the 2 hour edition of Heat.

You know, they could salvage the lost of Vince and HHH by having extended matches with Orton/Venis, Nitro/Carlito, SS/Highlanders.

Or stretch the DIVA search stuff out.

Guest Oblivious Heel
"In a piece of breaking news, word has been received that Stephanie McMahon, who was backstage at the venue for tonight's RAW, has gone into labor.

Tonight's show therefore will need re-writing to some degree as Vince McMahon and Stephanie's husband Triple H are going back to Connecticut to be with her." - LordsofPain.net

Raw is in Cleveland, OH tonight. They keep her in that much pain to fly her back to CT? Then again they were backstage so they could pretty easily cope some decent pills.

So this board likes Randy Orton now.

Well the multi-returns of Hogan does strange things to people. I don't think anyone likes Orton, but for one the entire storyline here is so contrived that I think people might just want Orton to win because it would screw things up. I would actually laugh if people ended up cheering for Orton in this feud by match-time, because lets face it, more wrestling fans probably relate to being the boyfriend chasing the untouchable chick, rather then relating to being a father trying to protect his daughter.

Hogan's program with HBK opened up some people's eyes, I think. The nostalgia kick with Hogan can only be done so many times before people just get tired of it. WWE.com was pushing that Hogan will be on Raw for *gasp* the first time since October! It gets old.

...more wrestling fans probably relate to being the boyfriend chasing the untouchable chick, rather then relating to being a father trying to protect his daughter.

Good point.

So this board likes Randy Orton now.

Well the multi-returns of Hogan does strange things to people. I don't think anyone likes Orton, but for one the entire storyline here is so contrived that I think people might just want Orton to win because it would screw things up. I would actually laugh if people ended up cheering for Orton in this feud by match-time, because lets face it, more wrestling fans probably relate to being the boyfriend chasing the untouchable chick, rather then relating to being a father trying to protect his daughter.

I like Orton. There. I said it.

Since my bluff is about to be called...I genuniely don't hate him, and my dislike for Hogan knocks Orton up one.

I'm wondering how HBK will manage to somehow spike the drinks of both McMahons, sending them both home...or something. I'm just intrigued, as to how they'll keep DX heat and hurt the McMahons simultaneously, with the majority of them being off-camera.

For god's sake, more Umaga/AAE tonight.

Guest Oblivious Heel
Hogan's program with HBK opened up some people's eyes, I think. The nostalgia kick with Hogan can only be done so many times before people just get tired of it. WWE.com was pushing that Hogan will be on Raw for *gasp* the first time since October! It gets old.

...more wrestling fans probably relate to being the boyfriend chasing the untouchable chick, rather then relating to being a father trying to protect his daughter.

Good point.

How can you be the boyfriend if the chicks untouchable? :huh:

Good point.

The chick is untouchable because the overprotective father is right there. That's what he was getting at by saying people can identify with Orton's place chasing a girl that isn't easy to get to.

Last week, after another impressive victory, the undefeated Highlanders issued a challenge to the World Tag Team Champions. The Spirit Squad has accepted that challenge, and the match will take place tonight. Which members of the Squad will step up to the plate to defend the gold? And what shape are they in after being laid out by DX last week? Tune in tonight at 9pm/8pm CT on USA to find out.

Well, if the SS really are breaking up, then that means they'll probably lose tonight. I really hate WWE's habit of putting the tag belts on the freshly debuted team. Although, I'm surprised it took them this long... three-four three weeks?

Good point.

Think "Romeo & Juliet"