TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

WWECW Report Fitchburg, MA

Wow, I've been to bad shows in my day, but this ranks among them. My friends and I drove up 2 hours from Connecticut to see this garbage, and to say ir wasn't worth the trip is like sayingf Khali is just a bad wrestler. For starters, the "Wallace Civic Center" was just a retrofitted, dank Hockey Rink, that looked and smelled like a bowling alley. Secondly, the crowd was so small that it would have had most Indy promoters throw their hands up in disgust. If there were 300 people in this place, I'd be shocked. The crowd was dead almost the whole show, and no one was into any of the matches at all. Worst of all, NOTHING went longer then 10 minutes, and the show was barely a hair over 90 minutes, including a 20 minute intermission.

Because of the length of the drive, we ended up at the show 15 minutes late, but I was told that all we missed was Balls Mahoney squashing a jobber, adn we sat down to see the FBI get beat by 2 jobbers.

First match I saw was Mike Knox vs Steven Richards. This was atrocious, non stop rest holds and nothing even the least bit exciting. Match ended with Knox pinnging Richards after his finisher.

Next was the "Extreme Bikini Contest" which featured Francine getting louds cheers and winning over Kelly. After the contest, Jazz came out and laid out both women.

CM Punk beat Kevin Fertig in the only margainally decent wrestling match at the night. Fertig is worthless, but Punk tried to keep the match going with some decent offense, including a plancha through the ropes. Punks finish was like a rock bottom into a headlock submission.

10 Minute Intermission came next

Sandman and Justin Credible fought in a "Dueling Canes Match". Sandman did his entrance walking through the whole rink, before comign to the ring. Match went no where, and ended with Knox and Test doing the run in. Dreamer made the save, leading to a tag match.

Sandman and Dreamer beat Test and Mike Knox. Again, paint by numbers tag match. Dreamer gets dominated by the heels, makes the hot tag to Sandman, all 4 guys brawl, Sandman ends it with the leg sweep.

Main Event has Big Show beat Sabu after chokeslamming him through a table. This was just a mess, both guys botched most of their major spots, and it ended up looking terrible as a result. It was an "Extreme Rules" match, but yet the Ref tried stopping Sabu from using a chair. Sabu whipped Big Show into the corner that had a table propped up, but Big Show just kind of fell and had his foot land through the table and break it. Sabu then slipped off the top rope when attempting the facebuster. Big Show was slow and worthless as always.

Overall this show was absolute pits of hell awful. Fitchburg, MA is a nothing town out in the middle of no where, in an area where ECW never really ran that often anyways. Connecticut is maybe 2 hours down the highway, and it's always a hot market, where ECW used to run all the time. I've been to Indy shows that have had larger crowds then this ECW show did tonight, and they were more excited to be there then anyone here did too. If you have an oppertunity to buy tickets for a WWECW House Show, by all means, pass. This was a worthless excercise in futility, and it's really a fucking wonder that they still pull strong 2's every week with this trash.

Secondly, the crowd was so small that it would have had most Indy promoters throw their hands up in disgust. If there were 300 people in this place, I'd be shocked.

Actually that many people at a indy show is a good draw. Weird place to hold the card though.

Guest jcmar3x

I was (unfortunately) there as well, with this going up there as one of the worst live wrestling shows I've ever been to, including WCW Thunder tapings.

I'd say the crowd was much larger than 300. Definitely not the "1700" people that Dreamer was overselling on the mic, but I'd say 500-700 people. The entire floor was mainly covered, but there was hardly an ass in the bleechers allowing for some great spots to sit in. The previous night in Durham, NH supposedly drew about 800, so this seems par for the course in the "new" WWEC-Dub.

I think a big problem with running Fitchburg is it it's so close to the NH line that they would have been better served to run more central to Boston where they have had a loyal fanbase forever, especially since they ran New Hampshire the previous night.

You're spot on with all the matches though. Balls worked some roided up "ethnic" character named Eric Perez, who opened the show with some incoherent, rambling promo where he did everything he could to sound Puerto Rican. They then worked the 2nd longest match on the show with both guys working the arm THE ENTIRE MATCH. Balls didn't even use a chair before or after the match.

FBI vs. The DSW Rejects was a trainwreck and makes me truly believe DSW needs to close up shop and burn to the ground in an effort to never produce "talent" like this again.

Francine somehow looks like Elizabeth Berkley in Showgirls with all the makeup she has on to hide her wrinkles. Next to Dreamer/Sandman/Sabu I'm pretty sure Jazz got pop of the night for beating up the "Vixens".

Stevie came out to a decent reaction, then immediately killed all the goodwill by working one of the most boring matches ever against Mike Knox, another DSW pet project.

Punk was pretty much the only non ECW guy to know how to work a crowd and made for MOTN against Fertig. I didn't really mind the Vampire shtick as much as I thought I would, I just wish Punk would have tried using some garlic in the match.

I skipped Credible's "awesome" promo to hit the bathroom, and came out just as Sandman was making his entrance. Literally almost walked right into him. Watching him make his entrance was surreal, if only because all of his beer pretty much showered a group of 12 year olds who high-fived afterwards. My mark of a cousin telegraphed the Knox run-in leading to tag match, since "they are fighting on Tuesday."

Big Show needs to have a liver problem, because he is sucking the energy out of these crowds, well whatever energy was left after the undercard. Sabu is still awesome in person, blowing spots or not.

I came from Providence, so I didn't feel AS ripped off about driving to Bumfuck MA for the bastardized version of ECW. The funniest part of the night was grabbing gas afterwards and having Balls & Guido come into the Mobil looking for beer. Some marks told them to go to NH, but when they realized they were being swarmed by mutants they hopped in Balls little yellow sports car and drove off.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Is the Hammerstein show live or is it going to be taped?

Dark matches from 9pm - 10pm, then the live ECW on Sci-Fi show at 10pm.

Is the Hammerstein show live or is it going to be taped?

Dark matches from 9pm - 10pm, then the live ECW on Sci-Fi show at 10pm.

The Sci-Fi censors are going to be working harder than they ever have before.

I can't really imagine it being more vicious than that Philly crowd. The Hammerstein PPV audience wasn't enormously vicious to people not named Orton or Cena.

I can't really imagine it being more vicious than that Philly crowd. The Hammerstein PPV audience wasn't enormously vicious to people not named Orton or Cena.

ONS wasn't an atrociously booked or wrestled show though. The heat for Big Show as ECW champion ought to be surreal. Think of how they treated Orton and Cena, two guys who arguably have potential, and now imagine what's going to happen when Test comes to the ring.

I just read these results, now I'm scared about the ECW event I have tickets to this Saturday, but nonetheless, Godlike or a piece of crap, I'll give you results

imagine what's going to happen when Test comes to the ring.

:spank::cheers::throwup: We Want Sandman :spank::cheers::throwup:

or

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Liver Disease :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I think what folks need to remember is that in WWE, house shows are treated as nothing more then warm-ups/tune-ups for the Bigger shows. So you shouldn't expect WWECW shows to be any different. In the original ECW, they used the actual house shows for the TV show, no matter where they were and how small/big the crowd was, so every show had to be "exciting"

I have tickets to a show 3 weeks from tonight. I think just from when I tried to buy tickets on the day they went on sale and saw a lot of good seats were sold already that the place is going to have more than 1,000 people. Back when they had Nitro/Thunder tapings I think they got like 5,000 in there, and for the SD/RAW House Shows probably about half of that. Im on the entranceway about 4 rows back so its the best seats I've ever had for a wrestling show, which is kind of sad.

They had good will towards the product at the time. Now they've got all the TV tapings scarred in their heads. Believe you me, it will get nasty.

I'm going to the ECW show tomorrow, I'm excited for Big Dave v. Big Show.

I'm hoping to start a Vicodin chant for when Angle comes out

Even if the show is shit, either way I think your going to have fun with the NY crowd. :D

I have tickets to a show 3 weeks from tonight. I think just from when I tried to buy tickets on the day they went on sale and saw a lot of good seats were sold already that the place is going to have more than 1,000 people. Back when they had Nitro/Thunder tapings I think they got like 5,000 in there, and for the SD/RAW House Shows probably about half of that. Im on the entranceway about 4 rows back so its the best seats I've ever had for a wrestling show, which is kind of sad.

[self-gloss] I had front row ringside tix to Raw, and it ended up being the Raw where Michael Modest got his WWE tryout, and it was featured in Beyond the Mat....yes I am in Beyond the Mat....for a second or so!!!!!!!!!!! :D [/self=gloss]

"A correction from the report from last night's ECW show in Fitchburg, MA, there were in excess of 1,000 fans at the show" - Meltzer

Hey spman, you can lie to us, you can lie to Dave Scherer, but don't f'n lie to The Meltz. Just because you don't like something and thought driving two hours to a watered down ECW show is a good idea is no reason to make up attendance numbers and claim the venue "smelled like a bowling alley". What the hell does that mean, anyway? I've never gone into a bowling alley and said "wow, this place has a unique smell I will apply to similar smelling locales". Maybe it's because the ones I've been to are nice? I don't know, I'm veering off topic here... oh, right:

DON'T LIE TO BIG DAVE.

I'm hoping to start a Vicodin chant for when Angle comes out

That's why I like Bob Barron, see.

^^^ what is Angle drinking there?

I live within 2 hours of Fitchburg and I know some people who live near there, so when this show got announced I briefly contemplated going. But after watching 'ECW Unleashed' for a few weeks I pretty much kicked myself in the ass for even thinking about it. And after RVD and Angle got suspended.....you couldn't have even paid me to go to it. I take pity on any of you who were there.

And I've actually seen a couple concerts at that arena....Nirvana/The Breeders in 93 and Rage Against the Machine about 10 years ago...it's not THAT bad, actually it's probably a lot nicer than many of the venues ECW ran back in the day

I can't wait for the NYC crowd to piss on the Show/Batista match, WWE will never learn that you don't pass a WWE Heat show as an ECW show to the ECW fans.

I hope they don't, Batista v. Show is the reason my friend and I are going.

Roy: Angle is drinking a Diet Sprite Zero...one of my favorite beverages of all time.

Well, now it's just called "Sprite Zero", but back then it was "Diet Sprite Zero."

Guest jcmar3x

Yeah the beer definitely helped get me through this show.

Overall the venue was just as nice, if not nicer than alot of venues ECW ran back in the day. I'm looking at YOU Revere Dog Track. Also I can recall a couple of heat stroke inducing nights at the Fall River Armory shows too.

The weirdest part of the show was the fact that they didn't even rip your tickets. You could just walk in and out and just "show" your ticket.

At least beer was only $3.

I already mentioned this, but the arena for the show Im going to cant sell beer, so that should make it even that much more not fun.

"A correction from the report from last night's ECW show in Fitchburg, MA, there were in excess of 1,000 fans at the show" - Meltzer

Hey spman, you can lie to us, you can lie to Dave Scherer, but don't f'n lie to The Meltz. Just because you don't like something and thought driving two hours to a watered down ECW show is a good idea is no reason to make up attendance numbers and claim the venue "smelled like a bowling alley". What the hell does that mean, anyway? I've never gone into a bowling alley and said "wow, this place has a unique smell I will apply to similar smelling locales". Maybe it's because the ones I've been to are nice? I don't know, I'm veering off topic here... oh, right:

DON'T LIE TO BIG DAVE.

Whoever told Meltz there was 1000 or more people there is delusional. There were 500 people there tops, despite Tommy Dreamer claiming "1700". Also, Bowling Alleys DO have a unique smell, similar to night clubs and other similar places. It's the smell of decades stale cigarette smoke.