TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

PRIDE in USA, October 21st!

title0803.jpg

pix_0804_01.jpg

PRIDE FIGHTING: THE REAL DEAL

PRIDE FIGHTING is proud to announce its first ever show on American soil, "THE REAL DEAL"! The event will take place on SATURDAY,OCTOBER 21st at the THOMAS & MACK CENTER in LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

Possible participants.

(Fighters and card subject to change.)

HW champ Fedor

Randleman

Coleman

Filipovic

Shogun

Barnett

Baroni

Fujita

pix_0804_03.jpg

LIMITED PRE-SALE TICKETS AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY TO PRIDEFC.COM MEMBERS

PRIDEFC.COM mailing list members will have the exclusive privilege to purchase tickets two weeks before they are made available to the general public. Event tickets will be available on a first come first serve basis, meaning PRIDEFC.COM mailing list members will have access to the best seats before the general public. Ticket prices will range from $50, $100, $300, $500 and $700.

Ticket sales for members will begin on August 7th, upon the emailing of an exclusive newsletter, which will contain a link to a hidden page that can only be accessed by PRIDEFC.COM members. A secret password will be issued to allow members to enter the special shopping site to purchase their tickets. Also, members must first register with the PRIDEFC.COM shopping site in order to be eligible to purchase items on the site. This chance to purchase pre-sale tickets is a limited time offer and only available for one week, from August 8th @ 10am (Pacific time) to August 14th @ midnight (Pacific time).

Remember, seats to THE REAL DEAL will be issued on a first come first serve basis so get yours soon!

As an added bonus, all PRIDEFC.COM members who purchase tickets through this offer will receive free an exclusive PRIDE FC WRISTBAND (previously only available in Japan).

August 8: Ticket Release Date for Members (starts at 10:00 am Pacific Time)

August 16: Media day 1 in Los Angeles

August 17: Media day 2 in Las Vegas

August 19: Meet and greet session with fighters in Los Angeles (Open to Public)

August 20: Tickets go on sale to general public

Guest asher66

Seeing Fedor in the States will be awesome. I hope they put him up against someone with an exciting style (i.e., not Coleman or Randleman) for his American debut.

It's too bad about their recent yakuza scandal, but hopefully this show can help them rebound.

Guest snakesonawiggly

Does anyone know if josh bernett will be their.I'll go if he is scheduled.

Since he's fighting on 9/10 at Final Conflict Absolute, I doubt he'll be at the 10/21 event.

Guest Brian

There's a test for him to pass, so even though he's advertised, I doubt he'll show. He's been among the people I've seen helping out Ivan set up his place once in a while and he's looking a little on the positive side.

Guest Brian

Josh is a friend and classmate of a lot of friends, so I won't slander him badly, but read into it as you will.

UFC rules will always favor the wrestler, but Shogun is good enough and Randleman is incosistent enough to swing this Mauricio's way.

You know, they could probably do an "America vs. the World" type theme for this show.

UFC rules will always favor the wrestler, but Shogun is good enough and Randleman is incosistent enough to swing this Mauricio's way.

You know, they could probably do an "America vs. the World" type theme for this show.

Or HAMMAAAAHHHH HOUSE VS. Chute Boxe!

There's really no reason for Coleman/Shogun to not happen here and you'd figure that Mark would be pushing for it with the fight being on his home soil and his first US bout in a while.

Unless he's, ya know, scared. Can't say I blame him.

Guest DRH 502

Did you see the first fight? Its not like Fedor decimated Coleman or anything...if i'm remembering right he was doing fairly decent till he got caught in the armbar...

Guest Big_Jay101

Yeah and Fujita did fairly well to, until he pissed Fedor off, I still have no desire to see him in a title fight. They could've put together a little better fight for Fedor, maybe Fedor vs one of the losers of the OWGP since they are all fighting on the card. I know the winner gets Fedor at NYE but Fedor -Coleman II is ridiculous. Shogun - Randleman doesn't seem to appealing to me either, but there isn't many options for Shogun unless it is a rematch, why not put Shogun/Rogerio II on the card, it would def. give PRIDE a good buzz with a fight that's almost certain to be great. But I guess it's that whole HH?CB bullshit.

Well considering Coleman was the only one who stepped up to the plate, please stop bitching about PRIDE not making a better card.

Plus, Coleman broke Fedor's nose in the 1st fight IIRC.

I wouldn't say it was a matter of Coleman being the only one to step up, more like he was the most favourable because of the fact that he is not in the Final Four, and because he is an American fighter, specifically one who was a UFC star before. PRIDE tried to make an attempt to reach out to the American audience, which is understandable, but it's still a mismatch on paper and really doesn't need to happen.

Same reasoning behind using Randleman. He is one of the most inconsistent fighters around, hasn't had a big win since the Cro Cop fight, and now he's fighting their top LHW? From a rankings perspective, much like the other fight, it blows. From a marketing perspective, it makes sense.

I'm not in that market, so I choose to be disinterested seeing as how I prefer to see good matchups. I'll wait till I see the rest of the card before passing judgement, since a couple of squash matches aren't ever that bad.

I saw a link for "Mike Tyson to box again" on my Netscape Home page. Of course it mentioned that he's only going to box exhibition fights, but it mentioned that he will be doing it with PFC. Just saying, never saw UFC on Netscape, that's a pretty popular website right thurr.

Guest Big_Jay101

There will be no elbows in Pride, so basically it is about like the IFL.

I saw a link for "Mike Tyson to box again" on my Netscape Home page. Of course it mentioned that he's only going to box exhibition fights, but it mentioned that he will be doing it with PFC. Just saying, never saw UFC on Netscape, that's a pretty popular website right thurr.

To add to this...

Koji Takada Reports: Mike Tyson's appearance at the Pride 32: The Real Deal Press Conference sparked many rumours on if and when Iron Mike will participate in a Pride event.

Pride's President, Nobyuki Sakikabara has revealed that Dream Stage Entertainment do have a contract with the former Boxing World Champion. Mike Tyson will fight in Pride but not under MMA rules. Tyson will most likely take part in a bout which will be held under "Special Boxing Rules". The freshest rumour from Croatia is that Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic is being lined up to be Tyson's opponent for that bout.

It was also revealed that Tyson will definitely not fight in Japan, most probably because of Japan's strict laws prohibiting the entry of foreign nationals with a criminal record. This leads us to believe that Tyson will fight in one of Pride's new branch events that are planned for China, Russia, Europe but the smart money is on a Pride USA show.

SOURCE:http://www.mmauniverse.com/news/SS814

Don't know if it's for real or not.