TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Metalocalypse

"What do ya mean booze ain't food?"

"DO YOU FOLKS LIKE COFFEE?"

"Blacker than the blackest black times infinity."

Brendon Smalls is a fucking genious.

I fell asleep during the Family Guy and Robot Chicken, and I missed it. May have to vidi The Fix and see whats what.

Still caught me some Venture Brothers.

IGNORE ME!!!

I fell asleep during the Family Guy and Robot Chicken, and I missed it. May have to vidi The Fix and see whats what.

IGNORE ME!!!

The Venture Brothers was just awesome last night. Almost every time there's a new episode, it's almost like they manage to top the previous ones. I seriously fucking love this show.

IGNORE ME!!!

That was seriously one of the best non-villian villians ever. Him yelling IGNORE ME at the baby made me laugh uncontrollably.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait WAIT.

Brendon Small has a new cartoon show?

It's about Metal?

I'm sold.

Edit: My God, I just saw some of this on Youtube. So awesome. Brendon Small is the fucking man. That's him playing the guitar parts, unless I'm mistaken, which I don't think I am, because part of the song was straight outta Home Movies, which I *know* he played all the guitar parts for.

Just hit the Fix on adultswim.com... I watched it there. As well as the Venture Bros.

IGNORE ME!

Basically, anyone yelling at babies is damn funny.

Yeah, [adultswim] has all of the new eps up on their website, no need to be illicit now...

IGNORE ME~!!

Very Flash, which annoys the piss outta me, but oh well.

Yeah, I see what you mean, but I think it suits the cartoon very well, just not in the context of Brendan Smalls work. Infact, I think if I wasn't told Brendan Small was involved, I wouldn't have guessed it.

I just hate Flash animation on TV in general. I mean, the internet is one thing, but it's TV! Someone should be drawing that stuff! Flash just comes across to me as lazy sometimes, though I can understand why they do it (less time to focus on the drawings = more time to focus on the jokes).

Yes, I'm well aware that Home Movies was also very Flash. That bugs me too.

Ah, but Home Movies was almost a radio show they just did animation around it. There was always more spoken jokes than visual, especially in the earlier seasons. The flash thats usually on tv always seems to be from a high standard, as opposed to even good standard internet flash such as Salad Fingers or something along those lines.

Yeah, it may be *good* flash, but that doesn't make it good animation.

Like, when you can see all the possible points of articulation on a character, that's BAD. And there are some shows like that, and it drives me bonkers. The shows like that seem to have no flow to the animation; it's very flat and sterile.

And don't tell me what Home Movies was. I know very well.

"It's Metal for fish."

"You are all my underwater friends!"

Oh, and the Venture Brothers is seriously the best thing on Adult Swim right now.

Guest Vitamin X

"The blackest present anyone can give to the most brutal bass player in the world... NOOOOOOOOOTHIIIIIIIIING!"

The car at the end had me in stitches

Oh, and the Venture Brothers is seriously the best thing on Adult Swim right now.

Mos def.

I didn't "get" most of this week's episode (aside from the obvious Dr. Doom parodying; other stuff like the catfaced guy, hitler girl, and the gay eunuchs fell flat for me.), but that was probably, bar none, the most hilarious Brock killing spree so far (including the aftermath).

Guest Vitamin X

bump

this thread is dildos.

Also, pretty awesome for fellow metalheads.. King Diamond, Corpsegrinder from Cannibal Corpse, plus some guys from Arch Enemy and Nevermore did some recordings for the show.

banana stickers for all!

Me and my friends have been trying to figure out who's who. We believe the guitarists are meant to be Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom) and Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth, Bloodbath), the drummer Devin Townsend (Strapping Young Lad; balding, dreadlocks, and from Canada), and the frontman Corpsegrinder (Cannibal Corpse). Still can't figure out who Murderface, the bassist, is meant to be.