TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JimmyHendricks

D-X DVD

Picked it up at BBuy for 16 bucks, and it's the first wrestling DVD I've bought in a long time that I've regretted. I knew it was a rehash of the 1998 VHS, but couple that with terrible, VHS picture quality and the WWF logo being obsessively blurred and it's nothing special. One of the blurs is so bad (the hanging WWF banner over the ring) that it actually blurs out Michael Cole's and HHH's faces as they are talking. Bleh. Only about half of the feature focuses on the Hunter/Shawn version of D-X, and I was surprised to see so much NAO, X-Pac, and Chyna. All the extras focus on the original (and now current) D-X, and I'm left wondering why they didn't just release a disc of matches. The feature is censored, where I can remember the original VHS (especially the "state of the union") being uncensored.

It's obvious this was rushed out about as quickly as the decision was made to bring back D-X in the first place. I'd actually like a updated disc with a newer doc, but who cares at this point?

Extras:

Mine came with a Vengence 2006 Poster. It was marked with a cardboard slipcover.

Shawn/Mankind, RAW 8/11/97

Shawn/HHH vs. Mankind/Taker, RAW 8/18/97

HHH/Bret, RAW 10/6/97 (the infamous "Shawn picks his nose with the Canadian flag" match)

HHH/Shawn, RAW 12/22/97 (Shawn lets HHH pin him for the Euro title)

Shawn/Owen, RAW 12/29/97

Shawn/Taker, Casket Match, Royal Rumble 98

HHH/NAO/Savio vs. Cactus/Chainsaw Charlie/Owen/Austin, No Way Out 98

HHH/Owen, Raw 3/17/98

I grabbed this off WWEShop when they had a special; it was like, $20 for the DX shirt and the DVD, so I bought it.

I wasn't impressed with the DVD's footage, but the matches weren't too bad, and the shirt usually goes for $25 by itself, so it was a steal.

Disappointed that so much of it was censored, but the HHH/HBK title match of 12/22/97 is still funny nearly 9 years later.

yea, the VHS tape wasn't censored. I still have my copy.

The thing about 1/2 only being about Shawn/HHH sucked because it was released a few months after Shawn "retired".

I really want the entire DX: IYH PPV on DVD.

I got it from a radio station to review it and it was pretty shitty, but the extras where pretty good, although the HHH/Sarge bootcamp match and the HBK/Shamrock match, both from DX IYH should have been included and maybe dropped the NWO 8 man tag or HHH/Owen.

man wish I had got the vhs version back then. I almost did one day when my dad said I could get a video at I think sams club, and I chose the best of wm over dx cuz it was longer,

yea, the VHS tape wasn't censored. I still have my copy.

The thing about 1/2 only being about Shawn/HHH sucked because it was released a few months after Shawn "retired".

I really want the entire DX: IYH PPV on DVD.

Erm...why? That show was horrendous. DQs out the hizzhouse.

Funk came up with that whole deal. He told 'em to find him a chainsaw and a pantyhose, and he went out there as a madman.

I think he said he did it so people would be cheering for him because he's Terry Funk, instead of Foley like they wanted, so that's why he did it.

This way he wasn't Terry Fuckin Funk to the crowd, he was Chainsaw Charley, some nutcase with a running chainsaw noone had ever seen before.

Funk came up with that whole deal. He told 'em to find him a chainsaw and a pantyhose, and he went out there as a madman.

I think he said he did it so people would be cheering for him because he's Terry Funk, instead of Foley like they wanted, so that's why he did it.

This way he wasn't Terry Fuckin Funk to the crowd, he was Chainsaw Charley, some nutcase with a running chainsaw noone had ever seen before.

Or a third rate Leather Face/Super Leather.

I still have the original VHS tape. Now if I only had a VCR to watch it with. It was definitly uncensored, with foul language and uncensored titties being flashed.

I still have the original VHS tape. Now if I only had a VCR to watch it with. It was definitly uncensored, with foul language and uncensored titties being flashed.

Yea I use to have that!!! I also rented that Sable VHS that one time when I was like 6. My dad wouldn't let me turn it off :)