TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

HUGE Civil War delays announced

In information released to comic book retailers Tuesday, Marvel has announced that issue #4 and 5 of their hugely successful Civil War series are being delayed.

Civil War #4 [and all its variant cover editions], originally scheduled to be released tomorrow, is now scheduled for September 20th. Issue #5 and all its variants, originally scheduled for next month, is now scheduled for November 15th.

And because of the nature of the storyline, the delays in the main series will affect the related and tie-in titles, like Civil War: Front Line.

In the announcement, Marvel wrote:

“Over the next few weeks, the Civil War proper title and a few of the tie in books that are closely related to the story in the main book will be shipping later than originally planned. In an attempt to accommodate the creative team of Millar and McNiven and keep the artistic integrity and high standards of the event, we will be shifting the following titles:

CIVIL WAR 4 (JUN061952; $2.99) moves to 9/20

CIVIL WAR 4 TURNER VARIANT (JUN061953; $2.99) moves to 9/20

CIVIL WAR 4 TURNER SKETCH VARIANT (APR068201; $2.00) moves to 9/20

FANTASTIC FOUR 540 (JUN061961; $2.99) moves to 9/20

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 6 (JUN061955; $2.99) moves to 9/27

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 535 (JUN061938; $2.99) moves to 9/27

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 7 (JUL061956; $2.99) moves to 10/11

CIVIL WAR 5 (JUL061952; $2.99) moves to 11/15

CIVIL WAR 5 TURNER VARIANT (JUL061953; $2.99) moves to 11/15

CIVIL WAR 5 TURNER SKETCH VARIANT (JUL061954; $2.00) moves to 11/15

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 8 (JUL061957; $2.99) moves to 11/22

PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL 1 (JUL061988; $2.99) moves to 11/22

PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL 1 (Black and White) (JUL061989; $2.99) moves to 11/22

FANTASTIC FOUR 541 (JUL061965; $2.99) moves to 11/22

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 536 (JUL061941; $2.99) moves to 11/22

CIVIL WAR 6 (AUG062033; $2.99) moves to 12/20

CIVIL WAR 6 TURNER VARIANT (AUG062034; $2.99) moves to 12/20

CIVIL WAR 6 TURNER SKETCH VARIANT (AUG062035; $2.00) moves to 12/20

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 9 (AUG062036; $2.99) moves to 12/20

PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL 2 (AUG062066; $2.99) moves to 12/28

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 10 (AUG062037; $2.99) moves to 1/4/07

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 537 (AUG062018; $2.99) moves to 1/4/07

FANTASTIC FOUR 542 (AUG062045; $2.99) moves to 1/4/07

CIVIL WAR 7 moves to 1/17, Not yet solicited

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 538 Not yet solicited

FANTASTIC FOUR 543 moves to 1/24/07, Not yet solicited

NEW ADDITIONS TO THE CIVIL WAR CHECKLIST!

BLACK PANTHER 23 CW December 2006

CIVIL WAR: WAR CRIMES December 2006 ONE SHOT

BLACK PANTHER 24 CW January 2007

BLACK PANTHER 25 CW February 2007

CIVIL WAR FRONT LINE 11 February 2007

Also, starting in November some Marvel will be branded as “Casualties of War” -- similar to how they branded titles as “Spider-Man Unmasked” and “Road to Civil War”. Those titles are:

MOON KNIGHT 7

In December

CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER SPECIAL

IRON MAN/CAPTAIN AMERICA SPECIAL

MOON KNIGHT 8

In January 2007

BLADE 5

MOON KNIGHT 9

“The need for these shifts came about as the September [for November shipping product] Marvel Previews #37 was going to press and we were not able to make adjustments,” reads Marvel’s explanation to retailers. “The December Marvel Previews will reflect the changes and additions. At this point we do not anticipate further changes to the schedule. We apologize for the inconvenience but feel that this is in the best interest of the quality of the event and for retailers to continue to realize the immense sales for these books. We are announcing these shifts early enough in the hopes that retailers can adjust their buying patterns for the next few months. Also, we hope the addition of a few more key Civil War titles will make up for any lost sales that result from these moves.”

Wow, well atm isn't that pretty much most of Marvel's line?

Does that mean the only things going on pretty much will be Ultimate, and this Annihilation storyline? (I've only kept up with Civil War and Ultimate Marvel, so I do'nt really know what else there is)

Wow those are some huge delays and are going to leave some big gaps in between comics. Espically with Frontline seeing how 5 just came out last week. So whats coming out tomorrow if a lot had been delayed?

My biggest problem with this is - #4 is due THE NEXT DAY!

Come on now you must have known this a while ago, to push the announcement til the day before they're supposed to ship is just poor management.

Frontline, from what I have heard is written from the POV of reporters. I think the reporters are Ben Ulrich and another lady, but I am not certain.

Well this kinda sucks. This is just silliness. How long have they been working on Civil War? Good grief, you'd think Marvel would have better management than that. However, as this seems to be a recurring issue with comics these days, I guess I'm not surprised.

Irritated, yes....

Frontline, from what I have heard is written from the POV of reporters. I think the reporters are Ben Ulrich and another lady, but I am not certain.

Sally Floyd, from the Generation M mini. There's also a backup story chronicling all the "fun" Speedball is having in prison, and something about an Atlantean sleeper cell.

Sally Floyd, from the Generation M mini. There's also a backup story chronicling all the "fun" Speedball is having in prison, and something about an Atlantean sleeper cell.

I thought Speedball was dead.

Even through Speedball survived, his powers absorbed Nitro's blast and becuase of it, Speedball lost his powers, but I think in Frontline #3, while boxing a prisoner his powers come back for a split second. At the moment Speedball was transferred from Prison to a place where all Mutants who won't register are being placed at. Its another world, I forget what its actually called.

Even through Speedball survived, his powers absorbed Nitro's blast and becuase of it, Speedball lost his powers, but I think in Frontline #3, while boxing a prisoner his powers come back for a split second. At the moment Speedball was transferred from Prison to a place where all Mutants who won't register are being placed at. Its another world, I forget what its actually called.

It's a prison in the Negative Zone. Which makes me wonder if this plays into Annihilation at all?

It's a prison in the Negative Zone. Which makes me wonder if this plays into Annihilation at all?

Current rumor is there is zero connection between the two events save for the fact that Anniliation essentially saved Nova from being massacred alongside the rest of the New Warriors, due to Anniliation being planned out before Civil War was.

The current notion is that Annihiliation is basically a glorified vanity project Marvel gave Keith Giffen to wrap his unresolved plotlines from the Thanos ongoing series, with the format being influenced by Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers storyline....

So I just read Cable & Deadpool #31 and apprently someone has died. Cable had gotten back from something, I think something involing Civil War #4 and he said someone had died. Cable didn't say the name but I guess Thor has killed someone that ment something to Cable. It wasn't Deadpool because after trying to take on Captain America, Falcon, Hercules, and someone else, Cable came out and made Deadpool shoot himself with tranks and put Deadpool to sleep, then they all used duct tape.....A LOT OF DUCT TAPE to tie Deadpool down. In which case when Deadpool awoke, he was left there as the group went to go do something, I guess the battle, Deadpool really had to go pee.

After Cable returned, he told Deadpool someone had died, mentioned Thor's name, then cut Deadpool loose and they both teleported to the whitehouse and while Deadpool was in the bathroom. Cable had a chat with the president and talked to him about the future. I'm going to leave it for you to guys to go out and buy that comic then read it, but something big is going down.

Oh and in the new Young Avengers & Runaways, looks like Xavin might be dead. Someone was awaken by Iron Man, I'm not sure who it yet since his name is never mentioned, but whoever it is just snuck up on Xavin and grabbed him and might have broke his neck. Not sure yet, since the comic ended right after whoever grabbed Xavin and cracked his neck.