TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Boxing Thread

Espn Classic is showing the Mayorga-Vargas fight tonight, and the Cintron fight from the undercard. Pernell Whitaker-Azumah nelson from 1990 follows that.

(Talking to myself)

I don't have ESPN classic, and I haven't seen the fight myself. Sounds interesting though, based on what I know about both guys, it was pretty much just a brawl no? I've only seen these guys lose in big fights.

I'd still be interested to see it, I'm sure there's a few copies floating around online.

I don't have ESPN classic, and I haven't seen the fight myself. Sounds interesting though, based on what I know about both guys, it was pretty much just a brawl no? I've only seen these guys lose in big fights.

I'd still be interested to see it, I'm sure there's a few copies floating around online.

Mayorga beat Forrest twice, those were pretty big fights.

Tonight will be the first time seeing the fight for me. Sounds like it was good, though.

Yeah, both have been beaten, often brutally, in all recent big fights. They did win some big fights in their careers, though...Vargas over Ike Quartey was very impressive; Mayorga destroying Forrest in their first fight.

Yeah, I meant most of the fights I saw recently.

I saw Pacquiao vs. Barrera I today for the first time. Talk about a one-sided beating, I'm amazed that so many people saw Barrera as the favourite considering what happened, especially because he was just getting beat to the punch every time. It was embarrassing.

I'm not the biggest boxing fan but I caught two episodes of Hatton/Mayweather 24/7. I found myself kind of rooting for Hatton...

Does he even hae a chance?

What a strange lineup of announcers for the Mayorga-Vargas card- Tessitore, Rich Moratta, and Roy Jones Jr. Roy sounds even dumber than he did in his HBO days.

Rich Moratta is underrated.

I've watched every Hatton fight since and including the Tzsyu fight. The one guy he had trouble with (Collazo), I saw Mosley beat his ass live, and in living color. I hate Floyd with a passion, ok. Floyd will win this fight in a walk.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I watched a bit of the 24/7 show, and they were using cuts from Isis' Oceanic as hype music. Badass.

As I've said before, I have a feeling Hatton is going to hammer out a close decision. I like the momentum he has coming into the fight and he looks to be really motivated and in great shape. The Castillo knockout is the best thing that could happen to him coming into a fight like this. Floyd is well..Floyd but his wierd bitching and seemingly indifferent attitude during the 24/7 at least has left me with a bad feeling.

I'm not the biggest boxing fan but I caught two episodes of Hatton/Mayweather 24/7. I found myself kind of rooting for Hatton...

Does he even hae a chance?

He'll knock the cocky bastard out.

I looked at your location and notice that your opinion does not matter.

I got Mayweather for tonight.

Been a fan since i saw him giving his picks for the playoffs to the announcers during one of his fights. While giving his predictions, he was beating the other dudes ass and won in a TKO.

Just looked it up and found out that happened almost 3 years ago. Didn't know it's been that long.

I've been a fan of Floyd ever since 1998. Great boxer, and a very nice person. I met him in Vegas back when I was in High School, took the time and had a long convo with me about boxing in general. His on-screen persona is only to help build the fight up so him and his opponet can generate the most money, and attrach media attention.

Boxing is getting it's BUTT kicked by MMA in ratings, someone will Floyd who is a draw because of his talent and personalitiy is good for the sport.

Call it stupid, but I'm in with the rest of the UK backing Hatton tonight - COME ON, MY SON! It's not often someone comes along that the whole nation can get behind - Tim Henman, yeah right. Lewis Hamilton, he looks like he might be able to be the nations next sporting darling. David Beckham, never had much love for the guy and its so hard to get behind footballers due to the clubs they play for.

Tonight is all about Hatton.

Good luck.

Pretty clear that the hype strategy for this fight is working."C'MON MY BOY!" "MASH HIS GUTS" "WALLOP HIM SILLY" "WHOOP THAT MINCER" All these Brits that don't know what they're talking about are coming out of the woodwork to talk about this fight, and just keep talking about this "feeling" they have that Floyd will get KO'ed, ignoring all the facts. Well, I don't have a feeling, but I have logic and facts that point to Floyd outclassing Hatton.

This fight will make a lot of people a lot of money, as the nationalistic pride is being used for all it's worth.

Guest Warriorfan

I like Hatton's relentless style but he has no shot in this fight whatsover. None. It's interesting to see some of the boxing commentators calling for a split decision in Mayweather's favor.

This is boxing and there is always room for "interesting" judging but I see Mayweather winning by unanimous decision.

Where does Floyd go after this victory? Mosley looked great in the Cotto fight as MSG and I thought anything less than a draw in that fight was wrong. I think a Mosley matchup would work and of course with De La Hoya on hand tonight they can always start the promotion for Mayweather vs De La Hoya 2.

Pretty clear that the hype strategy for this fight is working."C'MON MY BOY!" "MASH HIS GUTS" "WALLOP HIM SILLY" "WHOOP THAT MINCER" All these Brits that don't know what they're talking about are coming out of the woodwork to talk about this fight, and just keep talking about this "feeling" they have that Floyd will get KO'ed, ignoring all the facts. Well, I don't have a feeling, but I have logic and facts that point to Floyd outclassing Hatton.

This fight will make a lot of people a lot of money, as the nationalistic pride is being used for all it's worth.

Hey don't get me wrong, I wouldn't bet on the guy, but naturally I want him to win tonight - underdog story and he's a fellow Brit. So yeah, everyone we'll be cheering him on tonight, just as if the tables were turned and it was Mayweather that was coming into the fight where no one thinks he can win, you and your fellow Americans would be cheering.

"WHOOP THAT MINCER" has just became tonights slogan drink word though, thanks for the idea! haha