TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Connzilla

ECW's next PPV 'December To Dismember'

What went wrong with the Sapp deal? It sounded like a formality and then it never happened.

He basically wanted to be able to do his own thing not work that many houses still do MMA stuff in Japan.....basically he wanted a contract on his terms and well I bet we all know how Vince responded to that.

I dont wanna be spoiled, so I have not read thru the thread. Is the PPV worthy of a buy for the re-play? Thinking of buying the next showing.

All opinions welcomed

Probably the PPV of the year. The Elimination Chamber was sick, easy MOTY candidate.

Mike fucking Knox is on it too, his match is ***1/2-****.

What went wrong with the Sapp deal? It sounded like a formality and then it never happened.

He wanted to do WWE and PRIDE, figuring his PRIDE fights would give him a legit aura and his WWE work would get his name out. WWE wanted him all to themselves, so he passed on the deal.

Yeah. It would have been similar to Rock's schedule before he left for good. Sapp goes over to PRIDE, does his thing where he is star and comes back to America and is a superstar for WWE.

Instead WWE will probably let Sapp walk into TNA where they would more likely let him work in Japan along with the 3-4 shows per month.

Hey I found a naked picture of Shelly Martinez I think that's better than anything from the PPV........

I dont wanna be spoiled, so I have not read thru the thread. Is the PPV worthy of a buy for the re-play? Thinking of buying the next showing.

All opinions welcomed

Probably the PPV of the year. The Elimination Chamber was sick, easy MOTY candidate.

Mike fucking Knox is on it too, his match is ***1/2-****.

Don't forget about Balls/Striker stealing the show. Hardys/MNM was little below expectations, but still good.

He wanted to do WWE and PRIDE, figuring his PRIDE fights would give him a legit aura and his WWE work would get his name out. WWE wanted him all to themselves, so he passed on the deal.

Yeah. It would have been similar to Rock's schedule before he left for good. Sapp goes over to PRIDE, does his thing where he is star and comes back to America and is a superstar for WWE.

Instead WWE will probably let Sapp walk into TNA where they would more likely let him work in Japan along with the 3-4 shows per month.

Sapp has this thing where he always says "he doesn't want to be owned by anyone" after what happened with him and K-1. That tells me he'll never work for WWE they essentially own everyone that works for them.

As has been mentioned he wanted to work MMA and would need serious chunks of time off to train for upcoming fights. Basically he wanted to use the wwe to establish his name stateside to increase his fight purse. There is just so much more money in MMA these days for big draw fighters.

Vince likes to own his talent completely, so obviously the sides couldn't agree.

All opinions welcomed

Decent couple of matches aside, this show was like getting beating about the groin with the Elephant Man bones

Sapp has this thing where he always says "he doesn't want to be owned by anyone" after what happened with him and K-1. That tells me he'll never work for WWE they essentially own everyone that works for them.

Sapp is perfectly within rights. Unlike 99% of people looking to get work with WWE, Sapp is something special. WWE should have taken what they could.

For those claiming that TNA was also sick of Sabu, let me remind you of this quote from Dave Meltzer right when the ECW relaunch was announced:

"After Rhino told WWE he had no interest in returning for their ECW project, Sabu has signed a deal to be a part of it. TNA came very close to matching the offer and keeping him. Sabu didn't have a preference, just whoever was offering more money. Both sides wanted him and sources said that WWE's offer was only larger by a few thousand".

And the current word going around is that the way Sabu is acting backstage lately gives off the vibes that he "almost wants to be fired." I think all the ECW originals are not too happy about being lied to about the project and don't give a fuck anymore. RVD's contract expires in July 2007 and I bet he's counting the days until he can get the fuck out of there.

comon guys!!! Is there just a diffrence of opinion or are half of you guys fucking with me?

Hawk34--is it worth the buy??

It's worth the money. Ignore the haters. Get this PPV. It's great.

...It's pound for pound the best WWE PPV of this decade.

And H34's tears were tears of joy.

For those claiming that TNA was also sick of Sabu, let me remind you of this quote from Dave Meltzer right when the ECW relaunch was announced:

"After Rhino told WWE he had no interest in returning for their ECW project, Sabu has signed a deal to be a part of it. TNA came very close to matching the offer and keeping him. Sabu didn't have a preference, just whoever was offering more money. Both sides wanted him and sources said that WWE's offer was only larger by a few thousand".

And the current word going around is that the way Sabu is acting backstage lately gives off the vibes that he "almost wants to be fired." I think all the ECW originals are not too happy about being lied to about the project and don't give a fuck anymore. RVD's contract expires in July 2007 and I bet he's counting the days until he can get the fuck out of there.

RVD resigned in January......I almost bet you money he's got the 2 years that rollover like everyone else does.....it's possible his contract could end then but I doubt it does as they pick up his contract....

TWO MATCHES AT ECW PPV CHANGED ON SHORT NOTICE

Sabu being removed from the Elimination Chamber and replaced by Hardcore Holly was a last minute decision made to discipline him for his recent backstage behavior. This is evident as "Hardcore Holly vs. The Sandman" was a listed match on the PPV T-Shirt being sold at the show.

According to the t-shirt, Al Snow vs. Elijah Burke was scheduled for the show but was also changed at the last second to Burke & Sylvester Terkay vs. The FBI. No word on why that was changed.

According to the t-shirt, Al Snow vs. Elijah Burke was scheduled for the show but was also changed at the last second to Burke & Sylvester Terkay vs. The FBI. No word on why that was changed.

Al Snow should have pursued MMA back when he had the chance... I feel bad for the guy.

I wouldn't lie, man. I was reduced to tears by this show. It really got to me.

Redused to tears in a good or bad way?? From one fellow house fan 2 another! Whats the truth?

Dude, it was a tremendous show. MOTYC with the Chamber. GET ALL THIS.

I will have to check out more of Sapp's work. I knew he had charisma to burn but have never been impressed by his ring work. It seems foolish that the WWE would be so hung up on house shows since they are folding ECW house shows in with Smackdown. They could have gotten away with only needing Sapp 3 dates a month.

Well, Lashley's high-pitched voice and bland personality can be the it factor for them as well. I heard he got an outstanding ovation tonight for his thrilling and highly awaited win.