TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Connzilla

ECW's next PPV 'December To Dismember'

By the way, I predicted the reaction Lashley would receive tonight weeks ago before he even made his ECW debut. Don't let those previous crowd reactions kid you -- the crowd liked Lashley but they didn't like him as much as Van Dam or CM Punk. WWE should know, when they try to push a certain company favorite down the crowd's throats in a match where he is surrounded by people more popular than him, it will never work. Not even if they get rid of the most loved wrestlers first. This could be seen last year when they got rid of Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels early in the Elimination Chamber match to leave Cena, Carlito, and Masters by themselves...and Cena still got the shit booed out of him. Lashley was doomed to fail in this ECW retread and tonight only established that.

The Big Show was a heel because he didn't represent the old ECW and the passion it had. How could they think they could suddenly use Bobby Lashley -- who once again does not represent the old ECW and the passion it had -- and make him a face? They didn't try to transition him into an extreme mold and encourage the fans to cheer him. They threw him onto the scene with no buildup and expected the crowd to accept it. Assuming the fans are idiotic sheep and they know no better -- despite the fact they spent the past year and a half proving exactly the opposite of that idea with Cena. Lashley's character in ECW is identical to the Big Show's, only shorter and blacker. How they could possibly be surprised by his reaction tonight is mind-boggling.

I think Vince actually thought he was gonna send the fans home happy because hes fuckin clueless.

I wouldnt mind as much if there was some actual build but Lashley literally walked in weeks ago, at least the others have been there for a while with the low payoffs.

And the whole 'I'll walk in and sign the contract' is an annoying logic hole that always bothered me, like with HBK for WM 20. So if Stevie Richards got in the ring first he couldve got to main event too?

There wasnt much planning into it at all, it's obvious the whole thing was set aside as soon as they got a ppv date set. It's funny how this entire thread from the very beginning is all about 'when are they gonna add matches? and when are they gonna add more guys?" and the show ended up as underbooked as when the thread started. More guys should have been protected. One of the faces should have beat Show and have him be the first guy out. Hell, why not have everyone turn on him? But then again if all you have now is Lashley vs the other babyfaces, they decided not to have them beaten by Lashley although there would have been more suspense with 3 babyfaces as the last guys in. Isnt the new champ the same guy that got hit in the balls by Tatanka not long ago and never even got his beat back?

Sapp is perfectly within rights. Unlike 99% of people looking to get work with WWE, Sapp is something special. WWE should have taken what they could.

The guy is no young pup, he is 32.

I don't see all this hype about him. People talk about like he is the next coming or something. And that it would be a huge signing because of who he is. I have no idea who this guy is and had to look him up on Google and I have a pretty good knowledge of big athletes.

Guest Bammey

Looks like an absolute pitiful PPV. The PPV ended at 10:16? What a ripoff. How did Punk get eliminated?

Looks like an absolute pitiful PPV. The PPV ended at 10:16? What a ripoff. How did Punk get eliminated?

He took the 5 star and RVD pinned him.

Guest A.BUTCHER'S HOUSE OF RIBS
TWO MATCHES AT ECW PPV CHANGED ON SHORT NOTICE

Sabu being removed from the Elimination Chamber and replaced by Hardcore Holly was a last minute decision made to discipline him for his recent backstage behavior. This is evident as "Hardcore Holly vs. The Sandman" was a listed match on the PPV T-Shirt being sold at the show.

According to the t-shirt, Al Snow vs. Elijah Burke was scheduled for the show but was also changed at the last second to Burke & Sylvester Terkay vs. The FBI. No word on why that was changed.

I just watched the Shoot with The Hebner's. They said when Sid failed a drug test they still kept him in the main event of some PPV sorry I can't remember which one. They said that it wouldn't be fair to the fans to remove him from the PPV but they did suspend him for a few months after the PPV. I don't understand why they didn't do that with Sabu.

TWO MATCHES AT ECW PPV CHANGED ON SHORT NOTICE

Sabu being removed from the Elimination Chamber and replaced by Hardcore Holly was a last minute decision made to discipline him for his recent backstage behavior. This is evident as "Hardcore Holly vs. The Sandman" was a listed match on the PPV T-Shirt being sold at the show.

According to the t-shirt, Al Snow vs. Elijah Burke was scheduled for the show but was also changed at the last second to Burke & Sylvester Terkay vs. The FBI. No word on why that was changed.

I just watched the Shoot with The Hebner's. They said when Sid failed a drug test they still kept him in the main event of some PPV sorry I can't remember which one. They said that it wouldn't be fair to the fans to remove him from the PPV but they did suspend him for a few months after the PPV. I don't understand why they didn't do that with Sabu.

Because it wasn't a 1-1 PPV......also Vince seems to think Sabu is a piece of shit right now and the WWE is all about punishing guys these days.

I think that Heyman had to convince Vince to let RVD pin Punk, in hopes that the crowd wouldn't shit on it so much, but that didn't work out. I understand what WWE was trying to do, establishing Lashley as the guy by getting rid of RVD & Punk... but they should have learned by now that it never works out for them when they go down this route.

No doubt in my mind they want to kill ECW. You couldn't do much of a better job than this so in a way it was very clever

Kill it as in they just want it thought of as the 3rd part of WWE that is different than the other 2.......people have this highly romantisized view of ECW and obviously the WWE isn't going to do things that way....

Also Heyman probably does lobby hard for RVD seeing as that is his guy.

No doubt in my mind they want to kill ECW. You couldn't do much of a better job than this so in a way it was very clever

Kill it as in they just want it thought of as the 3rd part of WWE that is different than the other 2.......people have this highly romantisized view of ECW and obviously the WWE isn't going to do things that way....

Punk is Heyman's guy. RVD is old news for Heyman. He knows going to bat for RVD isn't worth the time. Problem is, while HHH and Vince like Punk, princess doesn't.

Punk is Heyman's guy. RVD is old news for Heyman. He knows going to bat for RVD isn't worth the time. Problem is, while HHH and Vince like Punk, princess doesn't.

This is the woman that thinks Daniel Rodimer is the next big star in wrestling....for growing up in the business she sure doesn't seem to know much.

Will this be when they do the turn........as a Face Lashley doesn't exactly have anyone to work with other than Test and well....no one wants to see that.

I don't understand. Hawk, where did you get this inside information that Heyman has completely ditched RVD for Punk?

I don't understand. Hawk, where did you get this inside information that Heyman has completely ditched RVD for Punk?

Well going to bat for RVD with Vince would be pretty stupid at this point seeing as RVD already fucked himself over with the company.........

I'm pretty sure Heyman worked with Punk in OVW and personally chose him for ECW.

It's more common sense really. It doesn't take a genius to realize RVD's stock is way down, so why risk what clout you have by openly backing the guy? Best to side with Punk, who WWE aren't so against, and fight a battle you can win.

Kill it as in One Night Stand was a great show with a totally different feel that got a great reaction and now ECW just had a show worse than any Smackdown or Raw show I can think of

Choken One knows all.

Poor Tommy Dreamer, I felt really bad for him

This is the woman that thinks Daniel Rodimer is the next big star in wrestling....for growing up in the business she sure doesn't seem to know much.

No, it's real simple... Vince wants to bring in some more divas... and Steph just wants a little more beefcake on RAW.

It's just too bad I can't stand TNA - Maybe I'm just not a wrestling fan anymore.

It's not like TNA and WWE are the only options out there. TNA forces people $30 for the actual good stuff but you can get that quality at a higher level without the booking headaches for about the same price per month elsewhere.

But see, you're making the assumption that Heyman has no loyalty to the guys he has been with for nearly a decade. Sure, he might be supporting Punk. But to say he completely dumped RVD in favor of Punk...seems ridiculous. It is possible to push more than one guy and, if Heyman is going to push any of his old Originals, it would be Van Dam. Considering Van Dam did last longer tonight in the match than Punk, despite having less crowd momentum on his side, I would say it's fair to assume he still has Heyman backing him, at least partially.

No, what I mean is that I think Vince might have wanted someone else, maybe Test to go over Punk, and Heyman saw this as a bad move that would kill the match, and suggested Van Dam should do it, in hopes of damage control.

This show had some decent booking, it was just dreadfully bad and boring.

I went to my local Buffalo Wild Wings to watch this show. I hate to be unoriginal, but man did it suck.

I'll admit it got off to a great start with Hardys/MNM. The match got tons of time and Nitro pulled out some big new moves. Plus, there were all your other favorite Hardys and MNM spots throughout the match, dive sequences, double teaming, etc. Oh, and Melina absolutely ATE IT on a dropkick from Nitro. The finish was nice with the double top rope cutter from Matt and the stacked Swanton from Jeff. *** 1/2 and probably ECW's second best match this year.

However, once this ended, the show proceeded to go downhill in a damn hurry before falling off a cliff and not just hitting rock bottom, but crashing into it creating a crater several feet deep.

First, we get filler match #1 with Balls and Striker. For god's sake, someone get Striker tights that aren't two sizes too small. I guess this match wasn't that bad, per se, but it was total free-tv material. Whatever, moving on...

Filler match #2 with Burke and the Manbear vs. the FBI. Total Velocity-quality borderline squash match. Didn't belong on ppv at all, but when your roster is only 15 people, I guess there's no choice.

Filler match #3 with Dreamer and Daivari was also a worthless Heat-quality match. Only worthwhile moments were Khali slamming Dreamer on the ramp after the match and Daivari's music.

Filler match #4 (the mixed tag) was atrocious on pretty much every level. Kelly was the most over person in the match, but also wrestled like she was trained by Jackie Gayda and Ashley. Thorn, Ariel, and Knox really didn't bring anything to the table here.

Finally, we get the Chamber. It started off promising with RVD hitting some cool (even if recycled) spots, and the Punk getting in on the quality spot work as well. However, once Test entered the match, the match died. RVD eliminating Punk first was one of the most retarded booking decisions I've seen this month. And that's after watching Survivor Series AND Genesis. Remember Punk's ovation last week? WWE: We listen to the fans! Yeah fucking right. Then there was a fucked up elim on Holly where the ref clearly did not count to three, but showed Holly the door anyway. Total business exposer there. Test's elim on RVD was pretty cool, but the fact RVD was eliminated most certainly was not. Then Lashley comes out kills Test and Show and wins to no crowd reaction.

Lashley gets some pyro and the show ends... 30 minutes early. What a fucking joke. There was at least 2 minutes of dead time in the chamber, and I'm not talking about 3 guys laying there. I'm talking about 1 guy walking around the chamber because there was no one else in there. Who booked that shit? And you're telling me they couldn't have run Sandman/Holly then eliminated Sabu first in the chamber? Terrible booking all around.

All in all, this was one of the most piss-poor efforts of a ppv I've ever seen. I feel bad for the Hardys and MNM because their solid match will be overlooked due to everything else on this show that was terrible. I hope the buyrate is miserable and tv ratings drop big next week. I feel dumber for watching this show. I don't think fans can shit on this one enough.

If they could hear me I'd tell the Hardys and MNM to look away...

Hey WWE...

....................../´¯/)

....................,/¯../

.................../..../

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`•¸

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\

........('(...´...´....¯~/'...')

.........\.................'...../

..........'\'...\.........._.•´

............\..............(

..............\.............\