TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 8/28 - 9/3

Guest Paul

Yanks are down by 2, with no outs in the ninth.

Maggs just hit a double.

edit: Yankees win, 6-4. Rivera with the save.

Guest NYankees
Yanks are down by 2, with no outs in the ninth.

Maggs just hit a double.

edit: Yankees win, 6-4. Rivera with the save.

Yankees are down 2? I noticed that Lester has enlarged lymph nodes. Best of luck to him again. Tonight is the last night before September callups and a person must be on your roster today to be playoff eligible. I wonder if there are going to be any trades.

White Sox blew it against the Devil Rays and lost in the 10th.

I heard that in a Boston paper that Red Sox fans are actually having some trouble getting sellouts for their home games just because they have lost a few games. What a bunch of fair weather fans.

I heard that in a Boston paper that Red Sox fans are actually having some trouble getting sellouts for their home games just because they have lost a few games. What a bunch of fair weather fans.

Which is utter bullshit because they had sold out the entire season before the first pitch of the first game of the year. Never trust what you read in a Boston paper.

Wells was traded to the Padres for a PTBNL.

Apparently that player is George Kottaras.

Good move. I don't know a ton about the guy, but he's a 23 year old catching prospect and the Sox have no catching prospects even on the radar.

Wells was traded to the Padres for a PTBNL.

Apparently that player is George Kottaras.

Good move. I don't know a ton about the guy, but he's a 23 year old catching prospect and the Sox have no catching prospects even on the radar.

Supposedly he's good defensively, and below average offensively.

The Twins could have used Wells. After Santana there aren't any guarantees in the rotation.

Guest NYankees
That's just an awful, awful trade for the Padres. One of the better pitching prospects in baseball for six starts from a 43 year old pitcher? Ugh.

Maybe the Padres felt they "owed" the Red Sox after they fleeced them of Josh Baird and Clay Meredith for Doug Mirabelli.

I just can't believe that the Cubs are dismantling the team like this. First Neifi...now Nevin...and I hear that A-Ram is heavily considering cutting town over the offseason. 'Stros are up in the bottom of the 8th. A win tonite, and it's 2 1/2 games back with the Mets coming in next. If the Astros can take at least one of the games this weekend, probably Sunday's, they should be ok going into next week.

The AAA Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Red Barons can clinch the division with a win or Rochester loss tonight. The Barons are now in the 15th inning of their game and the Red Wings are in the 13th inning of theirs.

This is Nevin's seventh team. Three teams he's been on two separate occasions.

Something besides being fined, needs to be done about some of these umpires. I have no doubt that Mike Timmons, knowingly called Jeff Cirillo out in the 1st inning.

Tim Timmons. It was a bang-bang play. He probably beat it, but, I guess since he was the crew cheif, he needed to re-establish order after Brady Clark was giving him and the Home Plate Ump shit over something or other.

Edit: Oh, and Brandon Backe's getting TJ surgery. He'll be out the rest of this season and all of next season. Too bad. I really like Backe, even if he is only a servicable 3rd starter. He's still better than most of the AAA guys the Astros have called up this and last year. He occasionally shows flashes of absolute brilliance, too.