TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 8/28 - 9/3

Guest NYankees

Arod with a ABOMB. Hit that bitch into the black seats. He has been on fire the past week.

Me, too. Is Myers pitching the Houston series? And certainly, with all the doubleheaders over this weekend, the Phillies will want to give Ryan Howard a few days off to rest, right?

Edit: Roy O's on his fuckin' game today. Through five innings...8 K..no walks...and the Mets have left 0 on base. Nobody tell ESPN.

Why? ESPN doesn't need to see anything. That's not the game they're looking for. They can go about their business. Move along. Move along.

Angel Guzman was an out away from qualifying for his first major-league win, but apparently has some cramping in his arm and couldn't convince Dusty and co. he was okay enough to finish. Too bad.

O.k....who told ESPN? 6 perfect innings and a bad-hop grounder to Everett that probably should've been an error. Oh well, the 'Stros are still up 1 to 0 on a bases loaded squeeze, but Reyes is on 2nd with one out.

Edit: Outta the inning. Going into the bottom of the 7th. 1-0 'Stros. Only one hit each, but the Astros have received 6 walks, so we should be up by more. Here's hoping Roy can get a complete game 1-hitter. He's thrown less than 90 pitches.

Jacque Jones may just have the worst arm in professional baseball. I'm not sure if I've seen him make one throw towards the cut-off man that didn't make at least one hop. He just threw a ball from near the corner that virtually died halfway to Theriot. It's like watching the kid from The Sandlot throw.

A's score nine runs in the first inning off the O's in Hayden Penn's first outing of the year.

Of course I couldn't see any of it as it's another game not televised locally for the first place Oakland A's. Ya who watches baseball on a Sunday afternoon?

Guest Felonies!
Jacque Jones may just have the worst arm in professional baseball. I'm not sure if I've seen him make one throw towards the cut-off man that didn't make at least one hop. He just threw a ball from near the corner that virtually died halfway to Theriot. It's like watching the kid from The Sandlot throw.

We signed him for his defense.

The Astros win 2-1 despite being 1 hit. A squeeze and a sac fly scored the runs. Roy pitched 6 perfect innings. Lidge, of course, couldn't go an inning without giving up a run but still got his 29th save. Here comes the (hopefully) tired Phils!

This weekend signalled the end of the Phillies' Wild Card hopes, IMO, unless the Marlins and Padres get bad soon.

The Phillies are perfectly mediocre. Can't win games they should. Shits bullpen and an on-again, off-again offense.

Ryan Howard was the friggin' man today.

But with 10 against the white-hot Marlins, an awfullly tired bunch of pitchers and worst relief pitchers in the league playing a good Astros team, we're in big trouble.

This weekend signalled the end of the Phillies' Wild Card hopes, IMO, unless the Marlins and Padres get bad soon.

The Phillies are perfectly mediocre. Can't win games they should. Shits bullpen and an on-again, off-again offense.

But with 10 against the white-hot Marlins, an awfullly tired bunch of pitchers and worst relief pitchers in the league playing a good Astros team, we're in big trouble.

I think it shows the need for Tom Gordon to return ASAP.

Guest NYankees
I'm thinking of starting a petition to allow the Red Sox to face only NL East teams for the remainder of the season.

Dont forget the Orioles as well. Red Sox are like 28-4 against the Orioles and NL east.

If the Phillies somehow can get the Wild Card and Ryan Howard hits 60 HRs, he's gotta at the least finish second, if not win, the MVP voting for the NL.

But our bullpen SUCKS. Arthur Rhodes is a flat-out bum, and it was depressing to see Geary blow a lead today too.

I think it shows the need for Tom Gordon to return ASAP.

While he should be better than what we've been using, Gordon isn't exactly known for coming up big in pressure games.

Wow. Way to keep the faith guys. Remember, the last four games a team played is ALWAYS completely indicative of their true level of talent. The Phils' bullpen is third in the league in ERA, and they play in a pitchers' park.

And Chase Utley = Ryan Howard. And neither of them deserve the MVP.

While he should be better than what we've been using, Gordon isn't exactly known for coming up big in pressure games.

I think Gordon's postseason struggles are due to the fact he was exhausted by the time the playoffs came around both years he was a Yankee.