TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JJMc

Gas Price Check...

Paid $2.19 here in Houston last time I filled up (4 days ago), but I've seen it as low as $2.08 if I recall correctly. I'm in a fairly middle/upper-middle class neighborhood though so I'm sure you can find it under $2 if you look around a bit.

Guest Felonies!
I just hope people aren't shocked when prices sky-rocket back up after November.

Yeah, and I hope they don't so that you shut the fuck up.

It's been dipping again a little bit recently. There's actually two stations wherever I live that are at $1.93. You can't even pull in because every pump is tied up and there are people waiting.

I just hope people aren't shocked when prices sky-rocket back up after November.

Yeah, and I hope they don't so that you shut the fuck up.

No one posted on this thread for 3 months, so apparently they didn't and he did.

Shit last few days here it's been 1.84-1.99 most places

We've had mild winter weather so people aren't using as much gas for heating, hence the lower prices.

Guest Vitamin X

I don't know what it is normally around here, but I guess since Oregon has that dumb "You can't pump your own gas rule", the stations charge more, maybe. Because the 76 I frequent by my place is at $2.60-something all the time. Although in surrounding areas it's more around $2.40 or so.

That just sealed it. I must drive out to Oregon one day. Seeing the utter nothingness in its eastern counties and northern Nevada and whatnot had me already interested (never gone on a trip with wide open spaces and been old enough to appreciate it), but knowing I can finally experience something other than self service locked it up.

Guest Smues
I don't know what it is normally around here, but I guess since Oregon has that dumb "You can't pump your own gas rule", the stations charge more, maybe. Because the 76 I frequent by my place is at $2.60-something all the time. Although in surrounding areas it's more around $2.40 or so.

God I hate that law. I try my best to not have to gas up in Oregon when I'm there. Every damn time I'd need gas the station I'd go to would have one guy running both the register inside and the pumps outside so it'd take forever. DON'T PUMP YOUR OWN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's a pretty ridiculous law. My town used to have one gas station that still offered "full service" at the pump, but they recently closed (it was a really old Mobil station).

Just saw gas for $2.099 today here in Wisconsin. That's pretty good compared to the last few months.

Hell, there are 4-5 full serve stations in my town. It's funny when people from New Jersey (full service only) come into the one I work at expecting to be able to pump it and I greet them at the pumps, a lot of times resulting in them getting pissed and driving off.

$2.09 in NW North Dakota right now. Seems strange since we have 12 drilling stations surrounding the town. I thought it would get below 2.00.