TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

The 7/4 show in Philadelphia was moved from the ECW Arena to the Wachovia Center, so they are going to run two straight nights in the same building, according to the latest reports. That decision seems strange on the surface.

Da Meltz

I just got a commercial that says on June 29th, WWE will run a live event with the main event being

John Cena v Edge for the WWE Championship

That's what they've been advertising as the Raw ME in Rochester for the past two months. Match still went on as ME dark match. I just think they're too lazzy to change the commercial.

Interesting Wresting Trademark News

WWE is close to finalizing "World Wrestling Federation" trademark. It's going through the "opposition" phase.

Meanwhile, Anheuser Busch Inc. is opposing the 'ECW One Night Stand' trademark. No reason given why; while WWE is opposing Bubba Ray Dudley Inc.'s trademark of 'The Deadly Brothers'. Again no reason given why, but its probably obvious why.

In non-WWE trademark news, a company in Italy called Tod's S.p.A is opposing "Hulk Hogan", "Hollywood Hulk Hogan" and "Brooke Hogan" because they own a trademark to "Hogan". As well, another company based in Chicago called Stealth Industries Inc is opposing "Hulk Hogan" and "Hollywood Hogan" because they own a trademark to "Hulk".

NFL Properties LLC, Baltimore Ravens Limited Partnership and Scott Levy himself are opposing TNA's trademark of "RAVEN".

From PWInsider:

NBC.com has confirmed that Saturday Night's Main Event on July 15th will air in prime time, beginning at 8 PM.

I wonder how ECW-heavy this show will be...

Cena is on Conan right now, and holy shit does his face look fucked up. He said it happened when he went through a table face first by a "genie", and didn't even mention Sabu's name.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Cena is on Conan right now, and holy shit does his face look fucked up. He said it happened when he went through a table face first by a "genie", and didn't even mention Sabu's name.

Yeah, I don't think Cena gets Sabu's gimmick.

And now it's over. They talked about some stupid shit, and Conan simply said that there is a PPV on Sunday, and then RAW the following night. There wasn't a mention of anyone from ECW (unless you count the "genie, or even the ECW name.

I found this poll kind of surprising on WWE.com.

Who do you think will win at Vengeance? Cena or Sabu?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Cena 44.11 %

Sabu 55.88 %

Total Votes: 597505

I found this poll kind of surprising on WWE.com.

Who do you think will win at Vengeance? Cena or Sabu?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Cena 44.11 %

Sabu 55.88 %

Total Votes: 597505

Aren't all those polls worked anyway?

WWE is close to finalizing "World Wrestling Federation" trademark. It's going through the "opposition" phase…

Hope this comes to pass. I'm getting tired of people saying "the WWE" when if you use the full name the "the" makes no sense". Kinda like "the wCw".

what I found more interesting in that trademark article is that Anhueser-Busch is opposing the trademarking of "ECW One Night Stand"...wtf for?

I'm guessing maybe they want to start a "one night stand" promotion to sell product?

I don't know, it doesn't make sense to me either.

WWE is close to finalizing "World Wrestling Federation" trademark. It's going through the "opposition" phase…

Hope this comes to pass. I'm getting tired of people saying "the WWE" when if you use the full name the "the" makes no sense". Kinda like "the wCw".

I'm pretty sure this is seperate from "WWF". Right now, they can still say "World Wrestling Federation", but when they say WWF, they so silent on the F. I think their trademark for "World Wrestling Federation" is just about to run out, and they want to keep the rights to that.

Some great DVD news from PWInsider audio:

-Because of the Wrestlemania Anthology box set success, they are putting together a Summerslam Anthology, AND a Royal Rumble Anthology Set.

-Because of the Wrestlemania Anthology box set success, they are putting together a Summerslam Anthology, AND a Royal Rumble Anthology Set.

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

I'll be picking up all of the new Anthology sets ASAP. I waited too long for the WM set, and now I can't find it for a decent price.

(If any of you can help me out with that one, let me know!)

The guys in the audio also say that one of the new sets will more than likely be released by the end of this year.

Also, they also speculate that there is a very good chance that Randy Orton will never get a major title again based on what they hear from backstage sources, not only because of his attitude problem, but also because he is very injury prone.

I know I'm alittle late with this but, it sucks about the Goldust firing. I mean if they wanted something for him to do there is a king over on SD that could use some backup. Not like they don't have a history together.

That's great to hear, but give me a SSeries anthology, that's what I really want!

I don't understand why RVD doesn't use "Fury of the Storm" off Wreckless Intent, its so much better than "One of a Kind" IMO.

I'll be picking up all of the new Anthology sets ASAP. I waited too long for the WM set, and now I can't find it for a decent price.

(If any of you can help me out with that one, let me know!)

Downhome, I picked an Anthology volume for like $45 each at Wal-Mart, Best Buy was charging too much, but at SOME Suncoasts, you might find a cheap deal, I forgot what FYE was asking.

]itle again based on what they hear from backstage sources, not only because of his attitude problem, but also because he is very injury prone.

One more time won't hurt...

JUST FIRE HIM ALREADY

Thanks Deon, I guess I'll just have to get the individual sets afterall. Maybe I can find just the box to store them all in on eBay or something.

From PWInsider:

The 6/16 edition of Smackdown ended up doing a 2.0 broadcast rating, with a four share. That is an official "ouch" number. As we have mentioned on the site before, WWE has the show in something of an unofficial holding pattern until the CW Network starts in the fall, but they really need to address the problems with the program because that number is dropping to a scary level. Wrestling comes with a stigma for a major network, not to mention a lower ad card for commercials. Smackdown that does a 3 or better will have a spot on CW. Smackdown that does a 2 may not.

And:

As to why Anheuser Busch has a problem with the One Night Stand name, Josh sent this: Anheuser Busch is opposing the name because they have a concert series in small clubs in major cities called, what else, One Night Stand and I believe it is from Bud Light (subsidiary of Busch). Here in Washington D.C., they have had a couple shows with radio station WKYS with various artists at various clubs. Here is an example of a show in DC TONIGHT.

Here's some random ECW news from PWInsider:

For those of you who have asked, the ECW championship belt used on the first edition of ECW on Sci Fi was one of the licensed replica belts that are sold commercially. At this week's episode, WWE had a professionally made belt ready and replaced the replica. The original ECW title is likely still in the possession of Rhino, the final ECW World champion of the original company's run.

WWE announced that this Saturday's 6/24 return to the ECW and the 7/8 house show in Racine, Wisconsin at the Memorial Hall are sold out.

ECW on Sci Fi taping tickets for 7/4 at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia go on sale 6/23. The 8/1 Hammerstein Ballroom return goes on sale 7/15. Tickets for the Hammerstein event are priced at $45, $35, $30, $25 and $20.

Jakks Pacific will be adding regular ECW action figure assortments to their WWE products in 2007.

A judge was named on 6/20 in Tod Gordon's appeal over whether the United States Bankruptcy Court had the right to sell the Eastern Championship Wrestling video library to WWE during the HHG bankruptcy proceedings. The original judge that signed off the sale shot down Gordon's contentions, but he is appealing, so a new judge will rule on the case. Should Gordon lose the appeal, he is completely out of luck on the claim.

Speaking of Gordon, ECW Press announced that his book "Sex, Drugs, and Wrestling - The Truth, The Lies, and the Extreme" will be released this December. The Sandman will be featured on the cover of the book. Promotional material for the book reads, "An underground, counter-culture success story, Extreme Championship Wrestling revolutionized the sport in North America. Superstars like Shane Douglas, Chris Benoit, Rob Van Dam, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, and the Dudley Boys all established their names at ECW. Even industry legends like Terry Funk, Mick Foley, and Stone Cold Steve Austin established their legacy here. Behind it all, from day one, was Tod Gordon. Sex, Drugs and Wrestling chronicles how Gordon first and foremost a fan created a company that respected the intelligence and integrity of his paying customers. He started as an independent investor in the late 80s with his Eastern Championship Wrestling promotion. Realizing change was needed for his promotion to survive, Gordon and his booker Paul Heyman exchanged Eastern for Extreme and ECW was born. Now, Gordon talks about the sex, drugs, and stories that made ECW the innovator of hardcore. From the great angles the blinding of Sandman, Gordon's personal feud with Fonzie, Raven's war with Tommy Dreamer, the infamous live crucifixion to public scandals like the lesbian kiss that rocked the wrestling world, nothing is taboo. Whats the real scoop on The Posse, New Jack, Paul Heyman, and notorious diva Missy Hyatt? Who was on WCWs and WWFs payroll while working for ECW? Who was sleeping with whom? Gordon delivers the truth blood and scars and all. Tod Gordon created Extreme Championship Wrestling, becoming one of wrestling's most influential players. He lives in Philadelphia."

If both the Flair and the Dusty Rhodes collections sold well why not make a Clash of Champions Anthology set.

Hulk Hogan has moved his family to Miami Beach and put his mansion near Tampa on the market for a whopping $25 million.

The pro wrestler-actor, aka Terry Bollea, and his wife, Linda, moved last month to a new $12 million bayfront estate on Miami Beach so their children, Brooke, 18, and Nick, 15, could pursue singing and acting careers.

Now the 17,000-square-foot French-style Belleair mansion, familiar to fans of the family's VH1 reality TV series, "Hogan Knows Best," is on the market.

The home has seven fireplaces, 2.3-acre grounds overlooking the Intercoastal Waterway and Gulf of Mexico, a guesthouse, swimming pool, waterfall and four-car garage.

"You can get lost in it," said Marcia Ellis of Coldwell Banker, who sold the Belleair property to the family 14 years ago and has listed it again.

Hogan still owns a more modest place on Clearwater Beach and a home in Los Angeles that is on the market for $5.9 million.

"I've got to downscale," he told The Miami Herald recently. "We'll head toward Miami like the Beverly Hillbillies."

Credit: Yahoo.com

Its only 25 million dollars.