TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

This is really fucking cool of WWE, from PWInsider:

The July 24 ECW show that was scheduled to be Rob Van Dam's first appearance in his home town has been moved to November 6, 2006. From what I was told, WWE did this so that Van Dam could be the star of the event, which was the plan all along. When he was suspended last week, it put the company in a situation where they decided to change the date.

RVD posted the following on his website on July 6th:

Fans and friends in Battle Creek, sorry once again. I’ve never wrestled in front of my hometown my whole career, and it looks like that will remain the case for now. Back in what I believe was 2000, ECW ran the Kellogg Arena while I was filming Black Mask 2 in Thailand. I was on the outs with E C Dub because of non-payment issues and flying from Bangkok to BC to get off the plane and wrestle for free wasn’t a good option for me. This show coming up in July seemed like it would finally be my day but alas, I share the disappointment with you. One thing’s for sure, it’ll be a lot easier to come back if all you Biggest-Breakfast-Table-in-the-World-Having Michiganders sell that Kellogg Arena out! Otherwise you might have to wait until I book that show after I retire, and who knows when that could be?

The crowd probably would have shit all over the whole show if RVD wasn't there. Not that they probably won't do that anyway but hey.

Also, what's going on with Khali? One minute he's the next Andre the giant now I hear he'll probably be jobbing to Taker at GAB. Has Vince dropped the ball with him?

I'm hoping Khali will be released by WWE after jobbing to Taker at GAB, but it probably won't happen.

Khali sucks!

The crowd probably would have shit all over the whole show if RVD wasn't there. Not that they probably won't do that anyway but hey.

A question, why pay the money to go to a show, then boo, raise hell, and try to disrupt things as much as possible? Why not save the money?

From PWInsider:

The One Night Stand DVD features the complete PPV from last month, headlined by WWE champion John Cena vs. Rob Van Dam as well as a few extras on the DVD which aren't advertised. The featured extras are the WWE vs. ECW Battle Royal that featured the Big Show's defection to ECW and the opening segment of ECW on Sci Fi featuring Rob Van Dam being awarded the ECW title belt. There is also a package featuring post-show fan reactions from the One Night Stand 2006 PPV.

The ECW Barely Legal bonus DVD features new music for all of the ring entrances with the exception of songs that WWE purchased from Harry Slash. Before you ask, yes, this means there is no "Enter Sandman."

Most of the matches and promos from the original PPV broadcast in April 1997 are intact, although longtime ECW fans will likely notice a Terry Funk video package is missing and the Sandman package has been edited. There are also few lines re-voiced by Joey Styles on commentary, changed from the original Barely Legal PPV broadcast.

WWE SIGNS FORMER MILLION DOLLAR TOUGH ENOUGH FINALIST

by Mike Johnson @ 1:30:00 PM on 7/10/2006

World Wrestling Entertainment has signed former Million Dollar Tough Enough competitor Daniel Rodimer. A Florida native, Rodimer played semi-pro football for the Tampa Bay Barracudas and competed for about five weeks on the Smackdown version of Tough Enough in Fall 2004, eventually won by Daniel Puder. Rodimer, likely best remembered for his cockiness during the competition, will be assigned to the Deep South Wrestling developmental territory.

Guest nokia

From pwinsider.com

World Wrestling Entertainment has signed former Million Dollar Tough Enough competitor Daniel Rodimer. A Florida native, Rodimer played semi-pro football for the Tampa Bay Barracudas and competed for about five weeks on the Smackdown version of Tough Enough, eventually won by Daniel Puder.

Rodimer, likely best remembered for his cockiness during the competition, will be assigned to the Deep South Wrestling developmental territory

From pwinsider.com

World Wrestling Entertainment has signed former Million Dollar Tough Enough competitor Daniel Rodimer. A Florida native, Rodimer played semi-pro football for the Tampa Bay Barracudas and competed for about five weeks on the Smackdown version of Tough Enough, eventually won by Daniel Puder.

Rodimer, likely best remembered for his cockiness during the competition, will be assigned to the Deep South Wrestling developmental territory

Look a few posts above yours.

To many fans, part of the fun is the chants, raising hell, and trying to be a part of the show.

Trying to ruin it, and succeeding, is a waste of money and pisses of a lot of other fans and especially viewers.

I'm not taking up for it. I think there are limits that fans should respect, but I understand why so many do stuff like that. They think that since they gave their money to attend, they can do whatever they want in terms of chants, etc... Love it or hate it, to many it's just part of the fun of going to a show. Heck, check out some of those ROH crowds.

In the defense of "the fans", there are times when a show is so bad that the only entertainment comes from the fans. :P

Boy, since all the other Tough Enough people have worked out so well, this should be a great signing :P

Maven was a good midcarder for a while, the fans liked him a lot more than the types on here. The Harvard man, forget his name, looked to be alright but couldn't continue. How about waiting and see if this guy "sucks" before declaring him a failure..you never know when the next big star will show up. Five years ago, who knew about Cena, Orton, Mickie James, others, unless they'd seen them on a developmental show. Same goes with the ECW program, Knox doesn't "suck", but since he's not New Jack, to many he does.

I'm not taking up for it. I think there are limits that fans should respect, but I understand why so many do stuff like that. They think that since they gave their money to attend, they can do whatever they want in terms of chants, etc... Love it or hate it, to many it's just part of the fun of going to a show. Heck, check out some of those ROH crowds.

In the defense of "the fans", there are times when a show is so bad that the only entertainment comes from the fans. :P

I don't watch ROH..sometimes I turn off or mute TNA because of the crowds.

So wait, they didn't keep Puder, but got this guy?

You act surprised about this. Rodimer is a hoss.

I love how every once in a while a debate shows up on this board about what fans should and shouldn't be allow to do at live shows.

My favorite was when (bitches) posters on here complained about fans doing the wave during an Undertaker match in Canada.

God, I'd love to see that thread again.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

Boy, since all the other Tough Enough people have worked out so well, this should be a great signing :P

Maven was a good midcarder for a while, the fans liked him a lot more than the types on here. The Harvard man, forget his name, looked to be alright but couldn't continue.

It seems Johnny Nitro is so awesome that everyone forgets he was from Tough Enough.

I don't watch ROH..sometimes I turn off or mute TNA because of the crowds.

I was saying that they'd probably have shit on the show because most of them paid money to see RVD wrestle in front of his first home crowd.

I love how every once in a while a debate shows up on this board about what fans should and shouldn't be allow to do at live shows.

My favorite was when (bitches) posters on here complained about fans doing the wave during an Undertaker match in Canada.

God, I'd love to see that thread again.

Nobody said they shouldn't be allowed, but some of it, allowed or not, is worthless.

I used to be one of those "the crowd can ruin things for me by being too smarky and taking over the show" guys, but fuck that. Seeing ECW get perverted beyond recognition has me wishing the crowds would be MORE vocal. I mean, the "this is awesome" chants and others in the same positive vein are kinda nerdy, but fans showing their disapproval of something? I'll always endorse that.

I heard the ecw/smackdown show has sold only 2500 tickets for tomorrow. That's sad for smackdown yet good for ecw i think. ECW really needs smaller crowds.

Guest JumpinJackFlash
QUOTE(Hasbeen1 @ Jul 10 2006, 09:52 PM)

QUOTE(Invader3k @ Jul 10 2006, 12:01 PM)

Boy, since all the other Tough Enough people have worked out so well, this should be a great signing

Maven was a good midcarder for a while, the fans liked him a lot more than the types on here. The Harvard man, forget his name, looked to be alright but couldn't continue.

Christopher Nowinski?