TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

The Claudio Castagnoli update is that for whatever reason, World Wrestling Entertainment has backed away on signing him at this time. One person within WWE referred to the situation as a "snag" and hoped that Claudio would eventually be signed. There's no word on what caused the problem, but as of right now, Castagnoli is remaining full-time with ROH, which paved the way for his angle where Chris Hero and Larry Sweeney abandoned him at Final Battle.

They rush Dan Rodimer to the roster with no upside but Claudio is a snag and he's back to indys after a number of farewell matches and canceled Japan tours.

Idiots. Another Chris Masters bust instead of a modern Dibiase.

From the Best of 2006 Top 10:

#4:

WWE’s decision to grant Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle an early release from his contract last August is real. That this was arguably the most shocking news reported by WWE.com last year is real. Beyond these sole indisputable facts, however, it’s up to you to decide what else is real in our No. 4 story for 2006—a story that continues to unveil many “truths.”

According to WWE.com’s exclusive interview with Angle on August 26, the six-time World Champion and the company mutually agreed to part ways. Angle himself admitted to Michael Cole that the reason behind this decision was due to the wear-and-tear on his body after 30 years of non-stop wrestling, whether as an amateur, an Olympian, a WWE Superstar, or an ECW Extremist. “My body is so beat up and run down, I can’t even think straight,” he explained. “I have done this for too long without a break. I haven’t seen my family, I’ve had problems with medication—I’m just fried, physically and mentally.”

Throughout his seven-year tenure with WWE, Angle’s long list of injuries had been well-documented—most notably, the recurring neck injuries that had plagued him even before winning his gold medal at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, Ga. Less than two weeks prior to his release, at his last ECW live event, the “Wrestling Machine” suffered a severely pulled groin, a blown hamstring, and pulling his lower abdominal muscle off his pelvic bone.

Responding to the widespread shock felt by fans and Superstars in the locker room, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon informed WWE.com on August 28 that Angle’s release was indeed “unfortunate all the way around…but circumstances were such that Kurt should have been, and was, granted his release.” Citing the “Wrestling Machine’s” mounting health problems and personal well-being, McMahon added, “I think Kurt has some issues he has to face, as we all do from time to time.”

Kurt Angle had seemingly taken a real step in addressing those issues, based on an official statement posted on his website in early September. He thanked WWE, its Chairman, and the fans for their support, then reiterated that it was time to rest and spend time with his family.

The rest period and quality family time lasted less than three weeks.

-WWE.com

Making Angle look like a douchebag..

HAHA

That diss was kinda funny and expected.

The Claudio Castagnoli update is that for whatever reason, World Wrestling Entertainment has backed away on signing him at this time. One person within WWE referred to the situation as a "snag" and hoped that Claudio would eventually be signed. There's no word on what caused the problem, but as of right now, Castagnoli is remaining full-time with ROH, which paved the way for his angle where Chris Hero and Larry Sweeney abandoned him at Final Battle.

They rush Dan Rodimer to the roster with no upside but Claudio is a snag and he's back to indys after a number of farewell matches and canceled Japan tours.

Vince has a hard-on for muscular guys, that's why guys like CM Punk will get a small push until the fans get tired of their character and then it's back to OVW for him. Cena, Batista, Lashley, Lesnar, and Orton will get push after push until the fans will finally start believing on the hype, smaller WWE wrestlers or former WCW/ECW guys will get to carry the ball evey now and then but they will never be the main focus of the show.

Vince has a hard-on for muscular guys, that's why guys like CM Punk will get a small push until the fans get tired of their character and then it's back to OVW for him. Cena, Batista, Lashley, Lesnar, and Orton will get push after push until the fans will finally start believing on the hype, smaller WWE wrestlers or former WCW/ECW guys will get to carry the ball evey now and then but they will never be the main focus of the show.

That's partially because the WWE has made people believe what they've been promoting for years.........You can say Vince and the WWE have a big man fetish and all that right. Well Mysterio won the belt and everyone goes "he's to small" They've successfully made everyone believe you have to be a certain size to be credihle at the top of a card.

Punk's not exactly getting a small push and Vince is a mark for Punk anyways. However, Claudio isn't a Paul London situation here. Claudio is tall and built quite similar to the type of guys Vince likes anyways, especially Orton.

There's a big difference between "big man fetish" and pushing someone for their talents. And as far as the IWC saying Rey is "too small"...well, he sort of was. You can say he was always booked as a wrestler that had to use speed to compensate for his size, but they didn't give him much of any build. Sure he won the Rumble, but he went on to lose at No Way Out. It was, sadly, all about Eddie. Had they spent those two or three months building Rey up as someone who really desired the title and got some HUGE wins (Royal Rumble notwithstanding) on the road to it, then it might have been better recieved. You can really say that without the Rumble win, Rey didn't even really DESERVE to get the title shot.

as they booked it, it was Eddie's little old friend getting his big/lucky shot.

I could bring up how Chris Jericho was awfully booked.....does that mean he should have never sniffed his push either?

Picking up dog shit leading into Mania is a great idea for an angle I tell ya.....

I could bring up how Chris Jericho was awfully booked.....does that mean he should have never sniffed his push either?

Picking up dog shit leading into Mania is a great idea for an angle I tell ya.....

Storyline with Steph aside, Jericho was booked as a chickenshit heel and he actually did get big wins. I mean, beating Austin and Rock in one night isn't exactly a common feat. He was put over at the time, but then was ruined by HHH. Jericho also had a storyline going into Armageddon that year with the Rock, if memory serves that was about the championship. There's a difference between having politics (and him more than likely knowing the reign was transitional at the start) ruin a reign and having a reign that was not a transitional one being poorly booked from before the guy even came close to the title until he dropped it.

WWE.com’s No. 6 story in 2006 began with an ending nearly nine years ago. At Survivor Series 1997, the world-infamous “Montreal Screwjob” in the Molson Centre closed the storied rivalry between Bret “Hit Man” Hart and Shawn Michaels in questionable fashion, and signaled the end of a WWE era with the “Excellence of Execution.”

To be fair, this controversial conclusion could have no other outcome. Mr. McMahon—knowing Hart was leaving for WCW the following night, and fearful that he would bring the WWE Championship with him—had called for the bell moments after Michaels placed the “Hit Man” in his own Sharpshooter finisher. The Molson Centre fans, believing their native hero had been “screwed,” nearly rioted as HBK exited the arena with the WWE Championship. From the ring, a disgusted Hart—who hadn’t actually submitted—spat in the face of Mr. McMahon, then physically confronted him backstage minutes later, prompting several Superstars to come between the two men. For the next nine years, neither Bret Hart nor WWE would budge on their position regarding the events that transpired at Survivor Series.

WWE.com

I know I'm nit-picking, but doesn't the average fan know that's not the true story?

how isn't that the true story? Bret should've dropped the title and refused to. Vince didn't want him showing up in WCW with the title. In a time like that, Bret's word that he wouldn't do that meant nothing. Vince needed to get the belt off him in any way possible to ENSURE he wouldn't bring the title to WCW ala Alundra Blayze aka Madusa did. What exactly is the true story?

He wasn't leaving the next night, he had close to a month left on his contract. Survivor Series 97 wasn't suppose to be Bret Hart's last time on WWF TV.

oh, that part. I think the original way that was described, him losing to HBK three or four times, then the next night after SS 97, challenging HBK in a ladder match for his career and winning the belt only to forfeit it, would have made for some great tv.

Cept HBK would have never agreed to letting Bret leave with the last laugh.

But yeah, everything about that story has been so jumbled and changed, who really knows much of what happened. The only thing anyone knows for sure is there was no chance in hell that Bret or WCW would have risked putting that belt on the air. It wasn't going to happen and had no chance of happening. It's just more of Vince playing his "not my fault" card on everything in his life.

I'm pretty sure if Vince hit someone with a car while he was high on crack with a hooker giving him head, he'd find some way to blame it on the person he just struck. Just seems to be the kind of person he is.

Didn't they agree at one point to have Bret stay a few days past his 11/30/97 contract expiration and drop the belt at the December IYH (12/7) in a 4-Way against HBK, Vader, & Shamrock?

Guest JaKyL25

I don't recall Vader being the fourth man involved in the match, but yeah, I remember reading that.

I think they should have just done the schmozz at Survivor Series and had Bret either forfeit the title the next night or job it the next night.

It's Vince's own fault for giving Bret creative control then a year later telling him to shop around for employment elsewhere WHILE HE WAS CHAMPION.

Bret was willing to job the title to anyone but Michaels, since Michaels was the one who faked an injury to avoid jobbing to Bret earlier in the year. IIRC, Bret was even willing to job to Michaels if they waited until they got back to the States. He just didn't want to job to HBK in Canada, and he had the creative control to make that decision, and Vince AGREED ON TAPE that it would be a DQ ending.

LOL here we are almost a decade later still arguing about this.

Didn't they agree at one point to have Bret stay a few days past his 11/30/97 contract expiration and drop the belt at the December IYH (12/7) in a 4-Way against HBK, Vader, & Shamrock?

The plan was for Bret to retain against Shawn via DQ and there would be a four-way at the December PPV against Shawn, Ken Shamrock and The Undertaker. Bret would put over Shamrock or Undertaker before Shawn wound end up winning and get the belt.

Vince knew Bret wasn't going to show up on Nitro with the WWF Title. Bret was still under contract to the WWF and such an action would have left Bret, and WCW, open to a lawsuit they had no way of winning. Vince just needed an excuse to calm down an irate locker room and that was it.

I don't recall Vader being the fourth man involved in the match, but yeah, I remember reading that.

I think they should have just done the schmozz at Survivor Series and had Bret either forfeit the title the next night or job it the next night.

It's Vince's own fault for giving Bret creative control then a year later telling him to shop around for employment elsewhere WHILE HE WAS CHAMPION.

Bret was willing to job the title to anyone but Michaels, since Michaels was the one who faked an injury to avoid jobbing to Bret earlier in the year. IIRC, Bret was even willing to job to Michaels if they waited until they got back to the States. He just didn't want to job to HBK in Canada, and he had the creative control to make that decision, and Vince AGREED ON TAPE that it would be a DQ ending.

LOL here we are almost a decade later still arguing about this.

Oh. It will be argued about until the end of time.

This is what people (at least two - most of it appeared to be by one person with the last line being by a second person) had written on one of those erasable boards in the building I work at:

"WreastleMania [sic] 23! Woo!" "John Cena is a hottie [heart used to dot the i]" "John Cena rules" "Cena - Champion of Champions"

From JR's latest blog:

If you want to be a member of the WWE Creative Team I will say a prayer for you and direct you to the WWE Corporate site where Human Resources has the info you are looking for.

The job description:

Can't be a fan or have any clue about "sports entertainment"

Must have experience in tv or film in the following fields: low budget horror, laugh track technician, reality tv writer

Be a model or fitness competitor

Be a graphic novel writer

I can't believe how stupid they are not to want writers who are fans of the business. That would be like ESPN wanting someone who wasn't a football fan to sit in with Ditka, Jaws, Young, Sharpe, etc, when they're coming up with ideas for the pre-game shows.

In some weird way is this Vince's idea of "thinking outside the box" by having non-wrestling fans write his shows?

I can't believe how stupid they are not to want writers who are fans of the business. That would be like ESPN wanting someone who wasn't a football fan to sit in with Ditka, Jaws, Young, Sharpe, etc, when they're coming up with ideas for the pre-game shows.

In some weird way is this Vince's idea of "thinking outside the box" by having non-wrestling fans write his shows?

He thinks there is more clout having c list horror or reality tv show writers on his show rather then people who might have the understanding of a what a fan thinks. You can have writers who know nothing about the wrestling business, they just need to be a good writer period. Getting the bottom feeders that steal stuff from 1980's comedies for DX, have the inability to have dramatic and logical storyline progression or even character depth isn't getting the job done.

They have lucked out with non-fans as writers before but with a growing staff of writers who are clueless and following their clueless leader, nothing is getting gained.

On the other hand, TNA has and still is written by the biggest marks in the business. Jarrett, Mantell, Cornette (now off the writing team) and Russo? All have years in the business and they can't write anymore. It's a matter of being a fan and knowing how to be creative. Jarrett is too into himself, Mantell is fine for small independents but not a weekly tv program, Russo's concept worked in the right time with the right cast and the right machine behind it. Cornette is a egomaniac that can't adapt to changes.

It's not about how much you like wrestling, it's about the ability of creating, continuing and being innovative. Qualities that both the national promotions lack.